Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elevators - Bring them back!

Ok so I miss having elevators. Now that we have been given the ability to raise the terrain it is needed more than ever!

My crazy scientist sim needs an elevator so they can carry on their experiments into their elder years, I mean seriously how are they meant to get from their secret underground lab all the way to the roof where their telescope is without dying from exhaustion? That's a lot of freaking stairs for an old sim to climb. Speaking of tech, can we also have the ability to create teleporters from the science career?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    how about escalators as well?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    it would make it easier if you made a underwater place or a really tall building.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love to have elevators back but I don't see it happening. CL with tall apartment buildings would have been the perfect time to add them in and they didn't. I don't see the need for them in any other pack. They just wouldn't fit in and they would take up a lot of data space. Too bad, I really wanted them too.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I would love to have elevators back but I don't see it happening. CL with tall apartment buildings would have been the perfect time to add them in and they didn't. I don't see the need for them in any other pack. They just wouldn't fit in and they would take up a lot of data space. Too bad, I really wanted them too.

a cruise ship maybe? Elevators are pretty common there
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Yes, even if it not like a real like elevator, but those small ones similar from TS3 Into The Future, I love them!
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I know they are looking into creating a handicapped pack. so I am assuming if we get that we will get elevators then.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    I know they are looking into creating a handicapped pack. so I am assuming if we get that we will get elevators then.

@craftaholic it's going to be a free pack like the hoilday packs we've gotten. Since they said they're NOT going to be charging us for that pack.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    What I miss besides elevators and spiral staircases are ladders. They save so much space and they make more sense in a treehouse than a staircase.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member

I remember they mentioned that it would make sense to add elevators if they add disabilities, so I'm thinking that if we get elevators, it will be in a free patch along with disabilities.