Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Locker obsession (Spa bug?)

GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
Whenever I visit this spa I built myself, all NPCs, including the members of my yoga group, walk straight to the lockers downstairs to change into their bathrobes, and then keep standing there forever.

spabuglvi7s.png

The first time this happened, I thought it was just a one-time thing, but it keeps repeating itself, and a spa lot requires lockers, so I can't remove them. (I mean, I could just wall them in somewhere, but that's not the point, is it?)

I have equipped my custom spa with pretty much everything wellness-related (yoga and meditation, massage tables and chairs), there's also a sauna, a bar, and a swimming pool. Could any of those objects (or a combination thereof) be the cause of the problem?

Edit: Just as I went back into the game after posting this, some of the sims woke up from their trance and moved on to other activities, but many of them are still standing down there, and I find it really strange that they all head for the lockers immediately. My played sim would have done the same autonomously if I hadn't stopped her.

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    This could be a combo of there being too many sims on the spa lot, causing your game to slow down and the sims to just stand there, plus the fact that everytime a Sim is not in a spa robe the game always reroutes them to the lockers to get one. It's always been annoying to me about the automatic behavior with the spa robe obsession.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    So you're telling me this is actually supposed to happen? :| Well, that's... good, I guess, in the way that my game isn't bugged, but... really? Otherwise they can just spin around and change into any outfit on the spot, what do they suddenly need the locker for?

There are in fact a lot of sims in that spa. 5 club members + 4 service personnel (yoga instructor, barista, 2 masseurs) + x random NPCs... But I've never had performance issues with this game before, other than those few times the frame rate randomly decides to drop and stay low for no reason, but that's nothing a simple restart can't fix.

I'm confused. :s
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Perhaps it was done for more...immersion I guess(?) to have the sims take forever to reach the lockers to constantly switch into a spa robe rather than simply spin around into a spa robe like they already do with every other outfit. I don't really know.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png