Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't use laundry items

Ever since I have installed Get Famous I can no longer use the laundry baskets, Washing machine or dryer. I have no mods and no CC. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    I had an issue where the laundry stopped working a few times (clicking baskets said no washing machine available, clicking the washing machine gave no menu options at all). Replacing the washer/dryer with a new one fixed it...but then it broke again a few days later.

I had to replace the washer/dryer 5 times over the course of a few sims weeks and determined that they stopped functioning any time my sims were away from the lot when the maid did her job. The washer would have the green light saying it was 'done' but be actually empty when I got home.

I put a door on the laundry room and locked it to everyone but household to keep the maid away from it...problem is now gone, for me. Errr...assuming I don't count having to do my own laundry instead of the maid doing it as a problem...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have found out that after a time the laundry baskets cease to function. I just replace those.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I had just put them in. When they change clothes the old ones don't fall into the basket. I did try changing them out, but it is still doing the same thing
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @kings4510411...this is probably a dumb question, as you seem to be an experienced player. But you are using a functional laundry basket and not a decorative one, right? (the game has both types).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Yes it is one that is functional. I always use the same ones.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes I’ve had a similar problem occasionally as well where it won’t work but eventually I get it to. I’ve also had another laundry issue. Sometimes after I clean laundry and then move it to the dryer it says it’s no longer clean. It’s really weird because it will say it’s clean before I move it out of washer but dirty or used when I move it to dryer. I’ve had to rewash some laundry lately and it’s since I installed get famous. So laundry is a little broken in a few ways it seems or for me at least.
  • Options
    Now I have noticed it works fine in all of the other towns, but not in Del Sol Valley
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Hope they fix this soon! That's so annoying.