Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Road to fame mod

SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
Hi.

I've downloaded the road to fame mod, bue can't get it to work. I looked at the how to install page, and according to that, there is a file missing when I download. It says that I will get a option to change the resource.cfg file, when installing, but that never happens(tried several times). Other than that, I think I'm doing it exactly like it says, step by step. Also, when I start the game, the mod-box shows, with the files, in the beginning.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Say what now? Why are you trying to manipulate the resource file? All you have to do is download RTF, unzip it, and drag that folder into your Mods folder for your game.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Say what now? Why are you trying to manipulate the resource file? All you have to do is download RTF, unzip it, and drag that folder into your Mods folder for your game.

It's true on the installation page Sacraficialsims mentions that a new resource.cfg file is included in the zip file and to override the one in the Mods folder. He really needs to update with the correct installation procedure.
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

It's true on the installation page Sacraficialsims mentions that a new resource.cfg file is included in the zip file and to override the one in the Mods folder. He really needs to update with the correct installation procedure.

What do you mean by that? I followed the instructions carefully. The only difference was that the resource file wasn't in the folder. What should I do?
  • Options
    Skosalg wrote: »
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

What do you mean by that? I followed the instructions carefully. The only difference was that the resource file wasn't in the folder. What should I do?

I mean his instructions are outdated and wrong. Do as @Chazzzy suggested and the Mod should work. Sacrificial no longer includes an updated resource.cfg file. So you don't need it. That step is erroneous.
  • Options
    larousefinnlarousefinn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,
    I have tried several times to download the road to fame mod but everytime I start the game it crashes. Does this just mean that my computer is not able to process the mod? Help.....
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have tried several times to download the road to fame mod but everytime I start the game it crashes. Does this just mean that my computer is not able to process the mod? Help.....

If you are trying to install Road To Fame Mod VO.4 "Professional Singing" you need to have City Living for it to work. Do you have City Living? You may need to install a previous version of the Mod.
  • Options
    MsPinkSushiMsPinkSushi Posts: 1 New Member
    it could be the mod itself
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I successfully installed RTF Professional Singer version and it's great! I'm so glad I read about it here in the forums. I had completely decided RTF was no longer a necessary tool in my game with GF. I was wrong. This is giving my Sim the singing career I hoped for. I've been playing the game for the past two hours and I'm thrilled. A shout out to Sacrificial, you've done it again. Not only that, but you've outdone yourself!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/