Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet employees in clinic not doing work very often

My Sim is a vet and owns a clinic that he has been running for about 3 Sim weeks. He hired a vet to help out, and lately I've noticed that she is mostly useless. I just got done having a day at the clinic, and she only cared for one single pet, while my Sim cared for eight. She mopped a few times, but mostly she just stood around and did absolutely nothing, or played with a dog. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended behavior because she needs to be talked to, or given a raise. There was plenty of stuff for her to do, she just chose not to. I checked to make sure that her tasks (clean and examine patients) were enabled correctly, and they were. And she would occasionally stop standing around and go mop, but not very often. Is there something that I should try to make her more efficient?

Comments

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Mine did the same. I eventually fired them because praise and promotions didn't cause them to work any better. My vet was treating around six pets a day and my hired vet was treating three on a good day. On bad days it was one or even none at all. I tried having one, two, and three vets and it was the same.
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I hired a second vet but fired her right away because she turned out to be a klepto, and I'm tired of Sims stealing me blind. :neutral: I took the cleaning responsibility away from the first vet, and it seems to have helped a little bit, although there was one day when she had one cat on the exam table until I shut the place down.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yeah it helps to have employees on one task only.
    Check their traits aswell, one of my employees is lazy and spends his time napping on the job, so it plays a role to an extent.