Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No specifc mood for work??

I might have missed it in the patch notes but my Sims no longer need to be inspired, focused, etc when heading to work. Was that changed or am I experiencing a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    This is in my game too, no more emotions for work (although if you hover over the tool tip icon it still lists a positive emotion as a way to improve work performance) for my sims. I'm really hoping this is a new surprise feature and not a new bug, we shall see. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    edited November 2018
    @simguruNick said they have removed them on some of the careers
    Edit: wrong simguru my bad,
    simguruMrE said it
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited November 2018
    It's by design. This is what SimGuruMrE said about it in another thread:
    SimGuruMrE wrote: »
    Actually it seems only the Get to Work careers still have the emotion "requirements". I checked with several non-active careers and a City Living "semi-active" career. No emotional "requirements" any more.

Just wanted to chime in here, this is By Design...We removed the emotional requirements for promotions for most careers except for the "active" careers such as the ones in the Get to Work EP, that said sending a sim to work in a positive emotion will still help boost that sims jobs performance but it is not a Requirement

• Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    This is great news! Thanks for the info folks. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Thanks a bunch. Glad to know it wasn't a bug
  • Options
    joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm happy about it. It can be tough getting sims into the right mood before work when we have to make sure their needs are up.
  • Options
    mistwolf7mistwolf7 Posts: 78 Member
    I like this too. Sometimes the recommended mood isn't the one I thought would fit best, and it's also nice to be able to have my sim take a brisk or thoughtful shower in the morning before work and not have to worry about only having my sims do things that will put them in the 'correct' mood to get a promotion faster.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    It freaked me out at first, because so much of the way my play style is designed was based on people's moods matching their careers: for example I'd give someone the Creative trait if I knew they were going to be a musician, I'd make sure all my households with kids had the right kind of bathtub to do a Citrus Soak before school, etc. But now that I've adjusted and new sims are being born it's strangely freeing. Now I can make a future musician a Music Lover instead of Creative if I want and fill up those other two traits with something that gives them a unique personality instead of one trait ALWAYS being taken up with something that was likely to help them get promoted at work!
  • Options
    huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Yep, great idea to take them away. Definitely gives us more freedom.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    huandlu wrote: »
    Yep, great idea to take them away. Definitely gives us more freedom.

+1