Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need latest resource.cfg file Please help,I had to re-install.

The resource file I found does not work and I didn't save the one I had.
Hope someone can and will answer this and help.

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    Pippi1409Pippi1409 Posts: 271 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Thank you but all I need is the latest resource.cfg file.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2013
    ok, so would it work if you took your current sims3 folder and dragged it to your desktop, then run the game to create a fresh new folder.

Do the install thing at that link, that would put the resource.cfg in the new folder. Drag the new sims 3 folder out, put the old one back then take the resource.cfg from the new folder.
  • Options
    ssaffssaff Posts: 27
    edited February 2014
    Pippi1409 wrote:
    The resource file I found does not work and I didn't save the one I had.
    Hope someone can and will answer this and help.
    - Am not sure which one you found that does not work -
    If it's not from http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page -
    then you may care to read the above page.
    Slightly differently :-
    I have Win XP Pro Service Pack (SP) 3;
    and had to **create** the sub-folder under 'Mods'
    named 'Packages'.
    Oh, and the *.NET version (V.) I have on the Win Operating System (OS) is V.2.0 -
    Hope this helps.
    PS there is a further link on the above WebPage to the 'Resource.cfg' file.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    Download / save the new Resource.cfg file from MTS located at this link... http://skuld.modthesims.info/Resource.cfg

DO NOT Open with... Just save the file to your Mods folder.

FYI ~ The link to the resource.cfg file that ssaff posted is the exact same link. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    You can find a link to the framework I always use for my Mods by clicking on the text link in my signature.I found that one easy to use though it needs 7zip to unzip it and it has everything there once it's opened up.You should have on into video and no build sparklies if the frame work is working and you should test for those things.It should have a cfg file,overrides folder and a packages folder.The packages folder should have a no intro package file and a no build sparklies package file and those are in the packages folder and the other two things with that folder should be in a Mods folder when you unzip the framework.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited February 2014
    blunote00 wrote:
    Download / save the new Resource.cfg file from MTS located at this link... http://skuld.modthesims.info/Resource.cfg

DO NOT Open with... Just save the file to your Mods folder.

FYI ~ The link to the resource.cfg file that ssaff posted is the exact same link. :wink:

hey night owl! well its late for me. i need to rest but theres a big storm coming. whatever happened to the calm before the storm

anyways :) ssaff and blu it happens to us all. blu just recently saved me but this thread is dead :(
  • Options
    becharmbecharm Posts: 1 New Member
    None of the current files work for me and I'm on MAC. I've been trying every angle but I keep getting none of these files exist.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    becharm wrote: »
    None of the current files work for me and I'm on MAC. I've been trying every angle but I keep getting none of these files exist.

The link in the 1st post works. Follow the tutorial. The frameworksetup.zip file you get from the Download link has everything you need.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    becharm wrote: »
    I could direct you to a download of just the Resource.cfg file, we have one available at NRaas that's exactly the same as the one inside of the MTS downloadable Framework. But you need the Framework structure regardless of where you get the file so may as well use the entire thing (unzip and put Mods folder together with its contents in place as the instructions show). It comes with two sample mods so you can test the setup before adding your own, and the illustrations MTS provides are what the setup should look like on any operating system, including Macs.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Pickle978Pickle978 Posts: 3 New Member
    know this post was ages ago, but I'm hoping you or someone else will still see this. I did use the "open with" and no matter how many times or what way I delete the Resource file, it is always downloading as what I opened it with, and I think that's why my mods won't work. Please help?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Pickle978 wrote: »
    know this post was ages ago, but I'm hoping you or someone else will still see this. I did use the "open with" and no matter how many times or what way I delete the Resource file, it is always downloading as what I opened it with, and I think that's why my mods won't work. Please help?
    That's not how it works, although it's a common misunderstanding. It doesn't matter what the "open with" file association for Resource.cfg or even package files are. That only dictates what the file looks like to us in Windows (the icon) and what happens if one were to double-click or open the file. The game doesn't care and these files aren't supposed to be double-clicked or opened unless one has the skills and tools to edit them. They could have file associations in Windows for Word, Excel, or music apps, doesn't matter (of course, they won't sound very nice if you can get them to play in a music player), the file itself is not changed by these things.

The Resource.cfg is supposed to be downloaded and placed into the Mods folder that you have created. Package files are supposed to be downloaded, unzipped, and placed into Packages. Not opened in either case.

If you still cannot get your own homemade Framework to function, then stop and delete it all. Download the Framework from the link below to someplace else like your Desktop, unzip, and place the resulting Mods folder in your TS3 game folder in Documents. Then clear your cache files and startup the game. The downloadable Framework comes with everything already in place, including the Resource.cfg file and two sample mods called NoIntroMovie and NoBuildSparkles so you can test to see that it's working. The two test mods can be kept or discarded after testing, as you wish. From what you have described, the Resource.cfg file will still look funny but it doesn't matter. Again, the game doesn't care about file associations.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    (when finished, the setup should look exactly like the illustrations, plus or minus some differences around the edges for different operating systems)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    People came back to this post in May, so hopefully you'll revisit it again. Out of nowhere, half my CC stopped appearing, and one of the test mods from the framework stopped working (the no sledgehammer flash one). I looked at my resource.cfg file, and it looked weird, so I redownloaded the framework and installed the resource.cfg from there. The no sledgehammer flash mod is still not working, and that same CC still isn't showing up. I did recently compressorize all of it. Could that have broken it somehow?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Hey tamalinn, feels like I haven't "seen" you in ages! :)

The Resource.cfg on the MTS link, the one inside of the downloadable Framework, is still the current one. I would vote for the compressorizing procedure having a negative impact more than anything else. Have you tried a new TS3 user game folder, though?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    Hi, igazor! Okay, yeah, so compressorizing was probably the problem. I had a feeling, but I was hoping to be told I was incorrect. :( I haven't tried a new folder, though, so maybe I can try that before redoing my CC *again*. Thanks!