Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Specific Sims Causing my Game to Crash

Alright so recently I’ve been trying to download some sims from a certain youtubers videos. Every time I install them, usually sims3packs, they install perfectly normal but then my game won’t start and will black screen and then crash.

Now I haven’t tried all of her downloads only a few. But these sims that I am trying to get are some of my favorites.

Is there any way to get them to work? Would extracting them using the sims3pack extractor work? Would that extract the cc as well?

*just a note, the YouTuber only has them as sims3packs not .sim files before anyone asks.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    It sounds like the sims come with some custom content that your game doesn't like. If you want to see, you could try installing them into a clean folder, then scrolling through the launcher's installed content tab to see what else you added. Or you could try Delphy's extractor, which should convert everything in the sims3pack, including cc, into .package files. If some cc item turns out to be an issue, it's a lot easier to just remove the single .package file and keep everything else.
  • Options
    xiaoisxiaois Posts: 141 Member
    It sounds like the sims come with some custom content that your game doesn't like. If you want to see, you could try installing them into a clean folder, then scrolling through the launcher's installed content tab to see what else you added. Or you could try Delphy's extractor, which should convert everything in the sims3pack, including cc, into .package files. If some cc item turns out to be an issue, it's a lot easier to just remove the single .package file and keep everything else.

Thanks! I wasn’t sure if Delphy’s extractor would extract the .sim file and the package files of the cc as well. I’ll try that tomorrow because it’s too late for me to do anything now, and I’ll give an update.