Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clean up your cc folks.

jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
edited October 2018 in CAS Custom Content
Holee 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Ive spent the better part of today reorganizing, deleting, and remerging my cc. Aaaaand Im only half way through.

For 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sake. Where did I get all this crap? I hate high waisted pants. There were AT LEAST 30 pairs. Adult rompers?!?! No. I have got to stop snatch and grab downloading.

So yeah, do some fall cleaning folks. Get rid of the crap you arent using. No, you arent going to use it on the next sim you make. Or the one after. Do your computer a favor and get rid of crap.

Ah well. Start on that second half tomorrow...

*edit*
Ya know what. Im leaving the 'plums' in because lol.

Comments

• Options
    GourmetSimsXGourmetSimsX Posts: 15 Member
    I just purged all of my CC yesterday, LOL. I was like "it's time for a change".
  • Options
    jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    I get that. I was super close to doing that but there were a couple pieces that are central to a few of my sims.
    I cut down it down to 7Gigs of cc and the game runs sooooo much better.
    That and choosing outfits and hair is so much more organized and easy to sort through.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Sounds terrible. I haven't really had to do this since I remove whatever I don't deem necessary right away. I find that staying on top of things saves a lot of hassle and stress in the long run.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JamofjarsJamofjars Posts: 21 Member
    I'm way too obsessive over my CC organisation. Tho, come patch, my plan is "Batch fix what'll batch fix, and pitch the rest"
  • Options
    silver_songbirdsilver_songbird Posts: 305 Member
    I will literally have panic attacks if my sims file isn't organised lol. everything is in files sorted.. CAS, build mode, pets.. or I get very upset. I can't deal with mess lol
  • Options
    SomeoneForgetableSomeoneForgetable Posts: 209 Member
    I'm very picky when it comes to CC. And I have everything organized from hats and hair down to socks and shoes. The only things that aren't organized are build mode objects and I don't have too many of those.
    2nte6j4.png
  • Options
    emily3859emily3859 Posts: 7 New Member
    My problem is downloading to much makeup CC!!!!
  • Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    I finally bought Sims 4 base game recently in Black Friday sales. I want to get started with CC but not sure where to start with it all!
    What's your favourite CC that you've got/kept?
  • Options
    unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    > @SmallAurelius said:
    > I finally bought Sims 4 base game recently in Black Friday sales. I want to get started with CC but not sure where to start with it all!
    > What's your favourite CC that you've got/kept?

I suggest the one that lowers bills if you want to be a painter and hang anything thats worth anything. But I also picked up one that changed the high speed internet buff to happy instead of energized, and another that made it so my sims stopped putting down instruments instead of keeping them in their inventory. Most recently I got one that prevented sims from dying to heat and cold until EA can fix a lot of the bugs that comes with it, like dying from drinking 3 cups of coffee.

Unless CC is only stuff like more clothes etc~ I've refrained myself from stuff like that.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    > @unmog said:
    > > @SmallAurelius said:
    > > I finally bought Sims 4 base game recently in Black Friday sales. I want to get started with CC but not sure where to start with it all!
    > > What's your favourite CC that you've got/kept?
    >
    > I suggest the one that lowers bills if you want to be a painter and hang anything thats worth anything. But I also picked up one that changed the high speed internet buff to happy instead of energized, and another that made it so my sims stopped putting down instruments instead of keeping them in their inventory. Most recently I got one that prevented sims from dying to heat and cold until EA can fix a lot of the bugs that comes with it, like dying from drinking 3 cups of coffee.
    >
    > Unless CC is only stuff like more clothes etc~ I've refrained myself from stuff like that.

I think I would consider those mods rather than CC, but I'm no expert (since I have none of either!). The one for the fast internet actually sounds really good, the energised trait mostly just confuses me - I'm assuming it's only really good for getting your sims to exercise.

HAH! Sims can die from 3 cups of coffee? Weak! That's my personal daily minimum :lol:

I think the come of the CC I would first want to get might be more outdoor furniture. My house-building skills are at the high-end of average (though maybe that's generous, looking forward to being able to post photos so everyone can rip me to shre... I mean, suggest improvements). I'm working more on landscaping and I feel capped with what I can create using base-game furniture.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    > @SmallAurelius said:
    > HAH! Sims can die from 3 cups of coffee? Weak! That's my personal daily minimum :lol:

Right, theres a lot of weird bugs about it, but it all concerns the Seasons Hot/Cold system. Its very simple, too simple really. Basically you have 5 stages of temperature. It goes like this...

Freezing, Cold, Neutral, Hot, Heat Stroke

Something like being outside in summer or winter counts as one point toward hot/cold. Drinking a warm cup of coffee or tea is a point toward hot. Running through sprinklers is a point toward cold. Wearing a bathing suit or summer clothes is a point toward cold. Stuff like that. Meaning you can go outside on a hot day in your swim suit after drinking a cold drink, then run through the sprinklers, and start freezing to death.

IMO, there should be more states. Like warm, hot, really hot, etc, before you get to the ABOUT TO DIE levels of heat. And you can die, especially since Sims aren't auto programmed to fix their temperature needs and its not very clear about what does what. My own story; My sim came in from outside during winter, wearing winter clothes. Turned up the heater, made a pot of tea. Couldnt put the tea into the fridge so I poured a cup, put the cup in the fridge. Poured a second cup, put it in the fridge, drank the third and final cup. Then I was burning to death according to the +99 uncomfortable moodlet. Tried taking a bath, nope. Took a shower, nope. Googled it, figured out I had to drink a glass of water. It worked, tho the moodlet doesnt mention anything about a glass of water.

I can see why people would be complaining about having TPK's caused by it. If you get seasons, I suggest just turning off the seasons game option for "Enable Temperature Effects on Sims."

And uh, sorry for derailing the convo away from custom content. You asked tho and I think it's really important information to share until EA fixes it. (its been broke since Seasons first released) Sorry again~ *tips hat* Knowledge is power

Edit: weird, now I can see it all... something with the brackets apparently.
    Post edited by unmog on
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    Uhm... apparently the system cut off like... all of my post... that I spent like 10 minutes writing... *sigh* wow
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Options
    > @unmog said:
    > Uhm... apparently the system cut off like... all of my post... that I spent like 10 minutes writing... *sigh* wow
    I was gonna be like 'noooo!'... but when I quoted your comment the whole thing came up. Hurrah!

> @unmog said:
    > > @SmallAurelius said:
    > > HAH! Sims can die from 3 cups of coffee? Weak! That's my personal daily minimum :lol:
    >
    > Right, theres a lot of weird bugs about it, but it all concerns the Seasons Hot/Cold system. Its very simple, too simple really. Basically you have 5 stages of temperature. It goes like this...
    >
    > Freezing>Cold>Neutral<Hot<Heat Stroke
    >
    > Something like being outside in summer or winter counts as one point toward hot/cold. Drinking a warm cup of coffee or tea is a point toward hot. Running through sprinklers is a point toward cold. Wearing a bathing suit or summer clothes is a point toward cold. Stuff like that. Meaning you can go outside on a hot day in your swim suit after drinking a cold drink, then run through the sprinklers, and start freezing to death.
    >
    > IMO, there should be more states. Like warm, hot, really hot, etc, before you get to the ABOUT TO DIE levels of heat. And you can die, especially since Sims aren't auto programmed to fix their temperature needs and its not very clear about what does what. My own story; My sim came in from outside during winter, wearing winter clothes. Turned up the heater, made a pot of tea. Couldnt put the tea into the fridge so I poured a cup, put the cup in the fridge. Poured a second cup, put it in the fridge, drank the third and final cup. Then I was burning to death according to the +99 uncomfortable moodlet. Tried taking a bath, nope. Took a shower, nope. Googled it, figured out I had to drink a glass of water. It worked, tho the moodlet doesnt mention anything about a glass of water.
    >
    > I can see why people would be complaining about having TPK's caused by it. If you get seasons, I suggest just turning off the seasons game option for "Enable Temperature Effects on Sims."
    >
    > And uh, sorry for derailing the convo away from custom content. You asked tho and I think it's really important information to share until EA fixes it. (its been broke since Seasons first released) Sorry again~ *tips hat* Knowledge is power

No need to be sorry, thanks! If I get Seasons before they patch it that's definitely helpful to know. Hopefully they will patch it soon though, because I think you're right about needing more temperature stages. Where I originally come from (Melbourne, Aus) is infamous for having 4 seasons in one day. Sims would be like 'hot, confused, cold, confused, heat stroke, freezing to death' :D
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Every now and then i delete the entire mod folder and start over. I feel like it's the cc hunting that's like half the fun for me.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Did you ever try to organise your folder?

I sorted it into makeup, clothing, skins, eyes, pet stuff, pet scripts, vampire scripts, cas stuff that doesnt fit into a specific category, general game scripts, tattoos and so on. And one folder for new items to test and then sort into the folders if I keep it.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am having the opposite problem and I downloaded like 600mb of CC the other day. To be fair though, I literally just started using it. <_<

Edit: 600mb might be a bit of an exaggeration.
  • Options
    kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd like to offer some tips for those who aren't very good at organizing:
    • Allow tons of subfolders in your resource.cfg file. Doesn't matter if you think you'll never use them, having more than necessary is always going to be better than burying something too deep and working yourself into a frenzy trying to figure out why it won't work.
    • Actually use subfolders. Everything except script mods can be as many folders deep as you want it to be. I have dozens of clearly labeled folders in my mods folder so that I know where to find everything, in case I ever want to delete or modify one specific piece of content. I have one folder for each category in Create-A-Sim, and for each sub-category within those categories. I also have one folder for each room in Build/Buy mode, and one folder for each item type within those rooms.
    • RENAME THE FILES. Include the author's USERNAME (not their preferred handle) and the name the mod/CC is titled wherever you found it from. This is so that, in the future, when, not if, when the game updates and inevitably breaks your CC, you know exactly what to look up to find it again, so that you can update it. I label everything as "Username - Mod_Name.package."
    • Put script mods in their own folder. I personally find that putting all my script mods into one folder gets confusing. Therefore, since script mods can only be one folder deep within the Mods folder, I recommend putting each into their own folder named with the above-mentioned naming scheme; Username - Mod_Name. (I'd also advise this for Tuning mods, but it's less necessary for them.)
    These are just the methods I use to keep my Mods and CC organized. They aren't any kind of standard, but I figure some people might be able to benefit from them, so I may as well share them.
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    @katgirl28888 Did you copy my folder system? :wink:
  • Options
    kittykat97kittykat97 Posts: 61 Member
    @Zasz nope, but I guess great minds think alike :tongue:
    Kat | 25 | they/them | KatJustice97 on the gallery (check CC enabled) | I have 3700+ hours logged in the Sims 4, well over half of it in CAS
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    I have almost 2,000 Build/Buy items alone and I keep putting it off. Like, I'll... organize this later. But I keep downloading new custom lots that require *new* CC (because I absolutely refuse to buy all the stuff packs).

My other downloads are organized into 25 super specific folders. So, for example, there's a folder called "Shoes, Male" and "Shoes, Female." And in the "Shoes, Female" folder, there's more folders called "Heels", "Boots", etc. So that, if one of my girl's shoes start acting up, I only have to go through 50 files instead of 100+ files in a general Shoe folder.

But for Build/Buy stuff I literally just have one folder called "Objects." I don't know how I ended up getting 2,000 items in that folder, because I don't even build things and rarely do I have the patience to decorate someone's room.