Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever had one of those DUH moments?

A few days ago for some odd reason, my mods just stopped working out of the blue. No matter what I did I just could not get them to work, so I took all the mods and placed them in the main folders, and they started working again. Anyways I was going through my mods folder again and discovered what the issue was. Apparently the other day, and I totally forgot about it, but I had pulled my whole mods folder, and then place it back in, but in a second Mods folder I had already set up. In short, I had a Mods folder within another Mods folder. :D The only thing I can figure out is what happened is because this all happened about the same time my grandbaby was born.

So have you ever had one of those DUH moments?

Comments

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yup. I had pulled my tray folder out. I went to add some sims to the tray and when I went into game, they weren't showing up. They weren't showing up because I unzipped them into the old tray folder, not the one in my sims folder.

edit: Not congratulating you on the grandbaby was an oversight. How exciting!
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    CazzyBatCazzyBat Posts: 21 Member
    I seem to frequently forget to add bathrooms to houses. It's only when I start screaming at my SIM to go to the toilet that I realise there isn't one :tongue:

Congrats, btw!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    CazzyBat wrote: »
    I seem to frequently forget to add bathrooms to houses. It's only when I start screaming at my SIM to go to the toilet that I realise there isn't one :tongue:

Congrats, btw!

Or you forget to add a door to the room, I'm always doing this too. lol

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I play on both my desktop and my laptop. And I was transferring saves from my desktop to my laptop (cause I like playing the same game on both computers). I used a USB to do it to begin with. And I would shut down my desktop and go to my bedroom and load up my laptop, get it set up on its table, and load up sims....

Only to realize, I forgot to save my save to the USB to begin with. I went thru exiting my desktop, starting my laptop AND starting the game, only to FINALLY realize I forgot to save to USB.

So, I'd have to go back to the office, turn on my desktop, save my save to the USB, shut down, and then upload the save to the laptop.

I've since started using OneDrive to transfer my saves between them. It's much easier for me to remember. As soon as I shut my game down on my desktop, I open my pinned tab of OneDrive, upload my newest save, once that's done, it's a simple matter of downloading from my pinned tab on my laptop.

I do, every now and then, forget to download my save and I'll start up the game on my laptop... only to D'oh! when I get to the main menu, have to shut down, download my save, and start again.

I'm sure I have D'oh moments in game, too, but this one is the main one that popped in my head.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    CamilamjamCamilamjam Posts: 31 Member
    hahaha i once spent 10 minutes trying to invite someone to my household, not realizing they were in distance.
    Picture%2B012.jpg

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    My DUH moment was when I'm suspicious that my Sims household has a secret slob trait because the bin inside the house was piled up. But, I just forgot to place a bigger bin outside :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I am forgetful in putting bathrooms and stairs in my builds. I get almost done then have to rearrange everything to make it fit!
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    One time i cried forever because my mods and cc stopped working. :'( But then, i spent a long time trying to reinstall it all... Only to find mods and cc were disabled in game settings :tongue:
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I once tried to make my Sim water plants in the rain.

:neutral:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    A few weeks ago, when I restarted the game for the first time after not playing it at all for months, I panicked because it would crash right after the logos. I tried everything, repaired the game and, when that didn't work, even reinstalled the entire thing (yes, including all expansions!)... only to discover that the problem was an outdated mod. :sThe very thing everyone tells you to remove, at least temporarily, after a new patch, and there had been several new patches throughout the months I didn't play, yet it somehow never occurred to me to just, you know, check if my mods are still up to date. :D

In my defence, though...
    1) I had no idea an outdated mod could have such power. I knew they could cause problems, but not that they could stop the entire game from even launching.
    2) I just had my computer fixed after an unexplained boot failure, a new harddrive was added in the process, some data was moved around, and I was convinced that this was causing the problem.

Be that as it may... Nothing like this will happen to me again anytime soon. :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have just spent ages in the buy catalogue looking for the new bookshelf that goes on the wall...

duh... only just realised it's not released until tomorrow :D
  • Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2019
    I build a lot. And I have little design ideas along the way while I'm building so I'm constantly looking for specific items like some decorative thing I rarely use but I'm sure it's there. I look for it for 20 minutes then turns out it's actually a TS3 or TS2 item and it's not there.
    Yesterday I was building a castle-ish wedding lounge and I looked for these items for a stupidly long time.
    Post edited by veronica55 on