Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging up NPCs

I made a teen in CAS and now she is approaching YA. She got straight A's lvl 3 in her career and is in range for the responsible trait. She also got a boyfriend that their made promises to each other(though for some odd reason, I can always ask him about that and he always say he is single. But on the interaction s that comes up we are clearly together. This boy is a NPC and I didn't meet him before I was about halfway though my sims teens. Will he age up with me or will he age up from that age from I first saw him? I'd like him to move in with me as soon as I hit YA, or at least as soon as I can build up a romantic relations again as I assume he will forget all about it if I'm a YA for even a second before him.

So will he age up with me, and if not is there any way I can make him age up, like inviting him to my birthday party or something. ?

Comments

• Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    If he doesn't age up before your sim (depends on your gameplay settings if you've set townies to age) you can always invite him to the party, put a pair of birthday candles on a cake and let him blow out the candles. There's a special interaction on it that allows you to age up whomever is around that you know
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited October 2018
    Townies start aging up from whenever they were spawned by the game, so he may or may not age up at the same time as you. If he doesn't age up at the same time you won't lose your romantic relationship progress (except the natural degrading of relationship that happens when you don't interact with them), you just won't be able to use any further romantic interactions until you're both aged to YA.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    It turned out fine. I installed MCCC and could invite him to live with my sim while they was both sims, and then 2 set of candles when it was time to age them up.