Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[NRAAS] How to keep NPCs from having their wardrobe changed indiscriminately?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there anyway to make Dresser stop the game from putting goddawfully hideous clothing on NPC sims. Everytime my non-played family members end up aging up they clothes-swap into these goddawful clothes and ITF clown makeup that makes them look as if they were struck with some contagion.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2018
    Well, sims need to have new clothes when they age up because their body sizes and shapes change, except for YA to Adult. How is Dresser supposed to know what it is that you think is an appropriate outfit vs. awful if someone, somewhere thinks that a hot dog outfit with clown makeup and bunny slippers is just dreamy enough to die for? <3o:)

Okay, but seriously the answer lies in some possible combination of making unwanted CAS Parts Not Valid for Random and developing a Dresser/MC Blacklist of parts to never be used. If other players here can share what has worked for them that would be great, but otherwise a thread about this on the NRaas site might prove to be more helpful.

Dresser is one of the few NRaas mods I've never used. Frankly, it scares me.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    You could just do what I do. I spend anywhere up to an hour for each sim day I play on giving makeovers to all birthday sims in my town. In your case it wouldn't be too bad since you play on Epic but, let me tell you, on a short lifespan it can be a nightmare! :# but well worth it because even if you blacklist stuff, you still might end up with combinations that don't look the best.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't concern myself with inactive sims' wardrobes unless I see them out and about wearing something horrible. Then I immediately take them into stylist with MC. If the game gives them hideous clothing but I never see them, I don't really care.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I don't concern myself with inactive sims' wardrobes unless I see them out and about wearing something horrible. Then I immediately take them into stylist with MC. If the game gives them hideous clothing but I never see them, I don't really care.

I wouldn't care about non-family NPCs, but non-immediate family members are also affected by this "hideous clothes-change". The one that the game gave Alanna nearly made me throw up. Hopefully the Dresser tuning files get ported over soon and I'm going to try to eliminate all the ITF makeup from being used "unless specifically" placed on by me which pretty much will be a "cold day in hell" before those make-ups are EVER used.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    Well, sims need to have new clothes when they age up because their body sizes and shapes change, except for YA to Adult. How is Dresser supposed to know what it is that you think is an appropriate outfit vs. awful if someone, somewhere thinks that a hot dog outfit with clown makeup and bunny slippers is just dreamy enough to die for? <3o:)

Okay, but seriously the answer lies in some possible combination of making unwanted CAS Parts Not Valid for Random and developing a Dresser/MC Blacklist of parts to never be used. If other players here can share what has worked for them that would be great, but otherwise a thread about this on the NRaas site might prove to be more helpful.

Oh, I'm sure that there's someone out there that thinks that "a hot dog outfit with clown makeup and bunny slippers" is the epitome of high fashion. :mrgreen:

I know someone has done a tuning file for Dresser to eliminate most of the unwanted selection of certain types of clothes, accessories and makeup, but it has yet to be ported and I know that it'll get ported in time. Will just wait patiently for that. I heard about the brouhaha involving some impatient types already. :) Poor Chain_Reaction, he's got enough on his plate right now.

GYZ6Ak9.png