Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recording software NOT to use

Just a warning for machinima makers, I've been using Debut by NCH Software and have experienced terrible stutter while trying to record. I tried a thousand different things to make it better but nothing worked until I switched to OBS free software. Now my scenes are smoooooth.

And yes I paid for Debut. :rage:

I do Sims 3 machinima so don't know if it would be the same with Sims 4 but suspect so.

Comments

• Options
    Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    I use OBS, i never heard of Debut. TBH i cant afford editing software or recording software so i asked to to which ones are free and safe to use, if only my PC can handle all of it though.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,362 Member
    @Pinky7797 Well I was a big dummy and thought something you pay for would be better. It wasn't horrifically expensive but still...

I did originally try OBS but couldn't get it to work, then tried ShadowPlay but it was too dark, so tried Debut. This time I did lots of searches on how to get OBS to work and finally got it going.

Now if I can find a good video editor to replace VideoPad (which is 34 bit and sucks, very buggy) I'll be all set!!
  • Options
    Pinky7797Pinky7797 Posts: 83 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @Pinky7797 Well I was a big dummy and thought something you pay for would be better. It wasn't horrifically expensive but still...

I did originally try OBS but couldn't get it to work, then tried ShadowPlay but it was too dark, so tried Debut. This time I did lots of searches on how to get OBS to work and finally got it going.

Now if I can find a good video editor to replace VideoPad (which is 34 bit and plum, very buggy) I'll be all set!!

Thats what i did after downloading OBS was searching how to use it and stuff, honestly wasnt that hard. And you would think paying for a recording software would be better, but always do our research if you arent sure. i learned that the hard way lol
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,362 Member
    Pinky7797 wrote: »
    i learned that the hard way lol

Yeah, me too :neutral: