Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who should have the child?

I made a poll about this recently about Heather and Parker in my Goths. Many of you said to wait until their oldest was a teen and the toddler was nearly aging up to a child. However, my other couple in the Household also both want a child. They have one son called Harry. He is a baby and has one more day until he ages up.

Here are my options:
1. Let Heather and Parker to have a child. Parker is nearly a elder with only 12 days left of being a adult, while Heather has a day from being a adult.
2. Let Sandi and Gideon to have a child. They are both young adults
3. Nobody has a child
4. Let the wishes for a child decide- Parker has wished for a child, but Heather hasn't wished for one. Sandi and Gideon have both wished for another child.
4Wv5dIG.jpg

Who should have the child? 25 votes

Heather and Parker
12%
LaBlue0314jordandDawsonbibi 3 votes
Sandi and Gideon
20%
Emily4331GraceyManorGoulsquashNikkei_Simmerbloodyrose 5 votes
Nobody has a child
4%
ItsJanier 1 vote
Let the wishies decide in the game
64%
MikezumiemorrillblazerntqjillbgamaresityScorpina2009CravenLestatIreneSwiftBettyboop55littlemissgogoBreazonaSimtown15therealsunsetvalley[Deleted User]puzzlezaddictEvie0602 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If both parents in one couple want a child, I'd be inclined to grant their wish. It might be fun, though, to let each pair have a kid—the children (cousins?) could be almost the same age and grow up really close. Or... not, if you want to sow the seeds for some drama. But the nice thing about the kids being the same age is that when the screaming babies unceremoniously roust the adults out of bed, only one would need to get up each night and take care of the feedings and the diaper changes.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Heather and Parker
    I made a poll about this recently about Heather and Parker in my Goths. Many of you said to wait until their oldest was a teen and the toddler was nearly aging up to a child. However, my other couple in the Household also both want a child. They have one son called Harry. He is a baby and has one more day until he ages up.

Here are my options:
    1. Let Heather and Parker have a child. Parker is nearly an elder with only 12 days left of being an adult, while Heather has a day from being an adult.

When I saw this option it reminded me of a couple that I played shortly after I started playing Sims 3. One of my sims had gotten married to Jebidiah Wilson, a doctor who lives in Riverview. When the game starts out he is an adult, and it was fairly early into the gameplay that those two were married. They had five children throughout their marriage, and by the time the youngest had aged up, Jebidiah was getting up there in his years as an elder. I was thinking that he didn't have much longer to go before the Grim Reaper would be coming for him. But I was wrong. Due to a slight little accident the wife ended up pregnant with number 6, I ended up getting a pop up stating that the Grim Reaper decided to give Jebidiah some more time because something about a baby coming.

To make a long story short, Jebidiah got to see his youngest become a young adult and leave home. I was not playing with any mods or doing anything to cause him to live longer. There for a while, I was just waiting for death to take him away, but it never did. So I decided to have some fun with this couple, and get them to enjoy their golden years. The wife eventually became an elder herself, and they were out enjoying the day when the Jebidiah said he enjoyed himself but was getting a bit sleepy, and wanted to go home. No sooner than they got home, he passed away. His widow lived only a couple days longer than him before she too joined him in the sim great beyond.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Let them decide - let the wishes have it! Or why not get everybody preggers??? :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    Let them decide - let the wishes have it! Or why not get everybody preggers??? :joy:

I would, but I only can have eight people in my household
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It never really works successfully in real life if one partner wants another baby and the other doesn't. As an adult with two other children already perhaps Heather wants to do more than be a mummy. Whereas both Sandi and Gideon both want another child and it is good for any baby to be wanted and loved by both parents.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita