Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Goth Prequel, New Beginning

EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
Have you ever wondered how the Goth family began? This is my story, set at a time before Gunther Goth was born. It starts at the home of wealthy businessman Scott Montgomery, his wife Dorothy, son Marcus and daughter Aurelia.
Montgomery%20Mansion.png
Chapter%20one%201.png
"If you do this, Miss Aurelia, your plants will grow to be so beautiful."
"Thank you so much Frank. It's so wonderful to see plants flourish from tiny seeds."
"Yes! I feel as if I'm helping our Creator make the world brighter."
From a distance, Aurelia's mother calls her.

Chapter%20one%202.png
"Aurelia, are you in the garden again? It's so dirty. You'll ruin your manicure."
"Yes, Mother."
"Aurelia your Father wants you. He's in his study."
"Yes, Mother."

Chapter%20one%203.png
"Remember, Aurelia dear, that your Father does everything for your own good."
Chapter%20one%204.png
If this was about her graduation party, Aurelia hoped Father wasn't making too much of a fuss. She had already told Mother this.

Chapter%20one%205.png
"Aurelia, you'll be graduating high school soon, and the time has come for you to grow up. You are getting married."

Chapter%20one%206.png
"Married? I'm not even seeing anyone, and.. and.."
"You are marrying Paul Bartlet, the son of my business partner. It's a wonderful business merger."
"Who? I always thought I'd marry someone I love."

Chapter%20one%207.png
"Don't be silly Aurelia. Everything is arranged. Children are never sensible to decide something this important. My marriage to your mother was arranged, and you can see how that turned out. You will learn to love Paul Bartlet."

Chapter%20one%208.png
"Marc is older. Shouldn't he get married first?"
"As you know, your brother is at college. When he graduates, he'll join my business, and marry when he's established. As the eldest, he'll inherit most of my estate. This marriage will generously provide for you."

Chapter%20one%2010.png
"Father, did ever learn to love Mother?
"Gustave tells me that the new V-12 is luxurious. Wouldn't you like a new car as a graduation present?"
Chapter%20one%2011.png
"Paul Bartlet is a least ten years older. I don't even think I've ever talked to him. Perhaps, if I do talk to him, get to know him, I will like him."

Part Two: Aurelia talks to Paul Bartlet.

Post edited by Earcat on

Comments

• Options
    Part Two: Aurelia talks to Paul Bartlet

Chapter%20two%201.png
    "I hope I like Paul Bartlet, and that he likes me."
    "You look prettier than Mary Pickford, Miss Aurelia. I put your Margaret Fuller book away in your drawer, Miss Aurelia. I shouldn't say this..."

Chapter%20two%202.png
    "Please tell me, Esther. With Marc at college, I feel as if you're the only around here I can talk to."
    "Well, I'm sorry I don't want to be disrespectful, but I've been serving your mother since she was about your age, and..."
    "And?"

Chapter%20two%203.png
    "Oh, if you only knew her then! She was so vibrant and hopeful and full of life. She was a brilliant sculptor."
    "My Mother?"
    "Yes, Miss Aurelia. Then she was married and she couldn't do all the things she had enjoyed, because they weren't fitting for an up and coming businessman's wife to do. I don't want to be be disrespectful to your father, Miss Aurelia, but I couldn't let the same thing happen to you."
    "Thank you for letting me know."

Chapter%20two%204.png
    "Oh Aurelia! Paul Bartlet has such a lovely house. Please behave yourself here."
    "Yes. Mother."

Chapter%20two%205.png
    "Mister Bartlet, do you remember my daughter, Aurelia?"
    "'Mrs. Montgomery, I've been thinking. Your family has only been in America for slightly more than one hundred years, whereas my family practically came over on the Mayflower. Based on this, I think the amount of dowry your husband is paying me must be increased."
    "My husband takes care of the business end of this. Why don't you talk to Aurelia and discover what a jewel she is?"
    "Hmmf."

Chapter%20two%2010.png
    "You are a puny little thing. I didn't know you were that skinny."
    "Mister Bartlet, what do you like to do in your leisure time?
    "I read the financial journals and play chess."

Chapter%20two%207.png
    "Have you seen the latest Rudolph Valentino picture? Wasn't it thrilling?"
    "Don't waste your time with such trash. Besides, moving pictures are only a flash in the pan. I only attend the legitimate theater and the opera."
    "Oh the opera! The singing is so lovely but the stories are so sad. Except for Gilbert and Sullivan. They are hilarious."
    "Hmmf. Satire. They ridicule their betters."

Chapter%20two%2012.png
    "Do you like to do anything out of doors? Any sports? I like swimming, tennis and I love spending time in the garden."
    "When you spend too much time out of doors, you'll get a sunburn. I cant have my wife looking like a boiled lobster, but then again, you'd look like a boiled shrimp."

Chapter%20two%2013.png
    "Mrs. Montgomery, your daughter must be taught to behave properly before the wedding. Be sure she is careful taught how to behave and not do the things a wife must not do."
    "I will see to that."

Chapter%20two%2014.png
    "Aren't you excited to be living in a house like this?"
    "Oh Mother, I could practically hear his mind clicking away like an adding machine, adding up all the things he didn't like about me to that dowry."
    "What an imagination you have, Aurelia!"
    "Mother, Father told me that I'd learn to love Paul Bartlet. Did you ever learn to love Father?"
    "Oh, Aurelia, shopping for your trousseau will be so much fun!"

Chapter%20two%2015.png
    "My jewelry is mine, and I can pawn it and get a ticket to somewhere, anywhere."

Chapter%20two%2016.png
    "I just can't marry that Paul Bartlet, I just can't. I have to get out out of here, anywhere..."

Next: Part Three A Ticket To Somewhere, Anywhere.
  • Options
    Part Three: A Ticket to Somewhere, Anywhere

Chapter%20three%201.png

I've been running so much I'm not even sure where I am. I have to stop and think. I can't marry Paul Bartlet, but what I am going to do? Can I actually make a living at gardening? Oh! There's someone who might help me, I hope.

Chapter%20three%202_1.png

"Excuse me, can you help me?"

Chapter%20three%203_1.png

"Madame Cleopatra knows all. I am a direct descendant of the original Cleopatra of ancient Egypt! I accept all types of money and traveller's checks. "

Chapter%20three%204.png

"Um wasn't Cleopatra Ptolemy Greek?"
    "Don't confuse the issue with facts. I don't even have to look at you palm to know that you have the gift. Come with me."

Chapter%20three%205.png

"Take a bit from that jar and put it in the cauldron."
    "Oh, it's moving!"
    "Put it in!"

Chapter%20three%206.png

"Now take some of that, and some of that, and some of that!"

Chapter%20three%207.png

"I did it! I made...something. What is it?

Chapter%20three%208.png

"It is an elixir of ancient Egypt. You have the ability to make a brew that can bend the minds of men, make anyone do as you wish. There is no limit to what you can concoct."

Chapter%20three%209.png

"Give me more money and I will read your tea leaves. Osian! Get the tea."
    "Um.. I think I have to go now."
    "Come back on the morrow at the same time. I will teach you the art of elixir brewing."

Chapter%20three%2010.png

"Osian, I have solved the problem of our potion maker being arrested. "

Chapter%20three%2011.png

" Did you burn our dinner again?"

Chapter%20three%2012.png

"Hey, isn't that the missing heiress?"
    "Heiress? And I only took forty dollars from her! What heiress?
    "It's all over the papers. A rich girl from America is missing and her father is offering a reward for her return."

Chapter%20three%2013.png

"What? Hurry! Put on something inconspicuous and follow her! Don't let her get away!"

Chapter%20three%2015.png

Now what? I know I have to make decisions by myself. I've have nice meal and decide what to do. What a minute, who is that?

Part Four:Who is that?