Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Crashes in Create a Sim and Build mode

Jdog054Jdog054 Posts: 43 Member
I have laptop with 16 GB of RAM and a suitable i7 processor, a 1080M card, the fps is capped,and its been made to be recognized by the game and the texture memory override is gone. There are no mods or CC, I think I had it fixed before a recent windows update but I'm not entirely sure. I'm also not sure if the drivers are up to date.

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    In this case, more information might help. What world are you playing in, or does this happen everywhere, including in a well-made world like Sunset Valley? How much time are you spending in CAS or build/buy before the crashes? (Both take more resources to run than regular gameplay.) When you say your fps is capped, do you mean you've checked in-game? Sometimes the first tool you try doesn't work.

You can address a lot of issues at once with a clean folder. Drag your existing TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop, and a new one will spawn with no content the next time you launch the game. Try both CAS and build mode in a new save to see if it makes a difference. If the crashing is gone, you can copy your existing saves over from your old game folder.

As far as drivers and other system issues go, you can cover most of your bases by providing a dxdiag. Just post it in pastebin (free) or another site and leave a link here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181
  • Options
    Yes it is capped I was able to make one sim in create a sim and when playing I was able to add a bed, nightstands and a dresser with a rug to a room before it crashed in build mode. I have taken out save folders before.
  • Options
    A clean folder means your entire TS3 game folder in Documents, not just saves but the whole thing, so that there is nothing left inside Documents/EA when you launch the game again. There are a number of files inside the game folder that can become corrupted, and this removes all of them from play at once.

Again, it would be helpful to know if this problem recurs in other worlds, and in a clean folder. And a dxdiag would be useful as well.
  • Options
    I only have sunset valley on my game. I'll try the folder thing and If that doesn't work I'll try and pull up a dxdiag. Thank you so much for your help.
  • Options
    It seems to be working now. But there have been times where the game will work fine once and then subsequent times it will crash so I will see. Thank you so much for everything.
  • Options
    The create a sims works like it did previously, I guess the new windows update screwed something up, but while I'm able to make a complete sim after the first sim is made and I start making a second one it no longer crashes. Just freezes.
  • Options
    I'm not sure exactly what's going on with your game, but it's a good idea to delete your five cache files regularly; many of us do so after every play session. For reference, they are:
    CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package

If you have the Windows 10 Creator's Update, it's also possible, though unlikely, that some aspect of it is messing with TS3. This was a much larger problem a year ago than now, but perhaps a recent update has reintroduced some issue that had previously been fixed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15902876#Comment_15902876

Other than that, I don't really know what to suggest. Again, a dxdiag might reveal an underlying problem that hasn't been addressed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181
  • Options
    Thank you so much for everything, I saved a dxdiag already just in case.