Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Funny baby gender experiences

One of the things i miss most about sims 3 is the couples desiring to have a certain baby gender. I had this one couple on Sims 3 who both wanted only one boy but then they had two sets of triplet girls (SIX GIRLS) it was hilarious and the daughters turned out beautiful.

Has anyone else ever had experiences like that?

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,900 Member
    Closest I had was when Bob and Eliza were pregnant for the first time in my game. I knew there was a toddler named Iggy on the gallery; so for that reason I was fairly certain they were going to have a boy (silly I know). It was a bit like real life really, knowing without really knowing.
    Well -they had a girl. So when baby was born suddenly I was like “What am I going to call this child?!”
  • Options
    TBrandesTBrandes Posts: 45 Member
    While i was still getting the hang of the game one of my sims got pregnant. She got into labor and then i thought i ran into a bug. One naming screen, then the next, then another one. I thought the whole time '🐸🐸🐸🐸!?! I just entered a name!'.

Nope, three cribs and three girls on the first try. Thankfully nobody saw my face when that happened...
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    when first playing sims3, my first baby I wanted a boy, so when the name thing came up I didn't read it and typed in Boy, thinking we got to choose the gender lol, poor girl grew up with the name Boy. lol
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    when first playing sims3, my first baby I wanted a boy, so when the name thing came up I didn't read it and typed in Boy, thinking we got to choose the gender lol, poor girl grew up with the name Boy. lol

Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    I am doing a 100 baby challenge and the first generation I had just kept having girls. Girls and more girls. She did have a couple of boys though. She had 22 girls and 11 boys
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

I know that Sims Doctors can tell you the sex of your baby after examining your belly.
    This Doctor was Chief of staff.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    When I first started playing Sims 3, my friend told me that your sim would always have a boy and then a girl. I thought it was a pattern. I didn't know it was random. One of my sims had like 3 boys in a row. I thought she was broken lol
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    My very first sim married Don Lothario and had a boy named Daniel. I was hoping to have one boy, one girl, but then she had twin girls while her son was still a toddler. Then I made the mistake of aging the girls up before he aged to child so I had three toddlers at once and almost no money. That was an experience.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I once had my pregnant sim eat a lot of strawberries and listen to pop music which ALWAYS works to get a girl because the family had 3 boys already. When the baby was born, I didn't even read the text since I was 100% sure it was a girl, so I named the baby Marla. Then, when Marla became a toddler, her randomised clothes and hair were not that bad so I kept it as it came (It was a very busy household and didn't have time to worry too much about that).
    It wasn't until Marla aged into a child that I noticed that Marla was a boy :D
    It wasn't a big deal really, just changed the name to Marlo, but I found it pretty funny.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    Once when I was multitasking mom was having her baby and the naming screen came up so I typed in a name. Then the screen came up again and I thought the first one hadn't taken. I typed the same name in again. Consequently I had twin boys with the same name.
  • Options
    HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2018
    TBrandes wrote: »
    While i was still getting the hang of the game one of my sims got pregnant. She got into labor and then i thought i ran into a bug. One naming screen, then the next, then another one. I thought the whole time 'plum!?! I just entered a name!'. Nope, three cribs and three girls on the first try. Thankfully nobody saw my face when that happened...
    Once when I was multitasking mom was having her baby and the naming screen came up so I typed in a name. Then the screen came up again and I thought the first one hadn't taken. I typed the same name in again. Consequently I had twin boys with the same name.

Something really similar happened to me when I first started playing! It was the first time I got my sim pregnant and when she went to give birth, it was a girl! So I put in the name Isabella, and when a second screen popped up, it was also a girl! Thinking it was a bug, I named her Isabella as well... needless to say the family grew up with two girls named Isabella :D

h87xNtp.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,703 Member
    edited September 2018
    I was playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge and had selected Patriarchy as part of my Heir Selection Rules. Which meant I needed a boy. Well, my Heir got abducted on his wedding day, just as the nuptials were about to start. I panicked and had the bride touch the wedding arch. To my astonishment, the groom was instantly 'returned'. Then I sat back in my desk chair thinking I had just blown it. Well, the couple got married. The bride got preggars on their wedding night, so I had her listen to Alternative music. It took a little while before I realized the groom wasn't having sympathetic symptoms and was actually preggars, too, but once I did, I had him listen to Alternative, too. Finally, the bride gave birth. To my chagrin, it was a girl. I waited for the groom to go into labor, which took several Sim hours on the same day. He gave birth to a girl and my heart sunk. Every other time a pregnant Sim listened to Alternative music it had worked, after all. This couple had no vegetable garden, so there were no carrots! But, the groom birthed the daughter and was still experiencing labor pains. Just when I was concluding my game had a glitch, out popped a baby boy! Yay. The twin alien babies were a lovely shade of lavender, by the way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yep. I'm there right now. My current household has 5 children. All boys. The parents both wanted a girl from the very first pregnancy. Each and every time they have a boy. I just sent the husband's alien baby back to Sixam partly because it was another boy, but mostly because 5 kids is way too much for me to manage at once. I'm a micro-manager and micro-managing 7 is tough for me. So now, the plan is to hope I can get the 5 raised and out of the house before the parents are too old to try for one single girl :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.