Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Staffing suggestion

Is there an interior designer and/or architect on the Sims team? If not there should be one. If not on the Sims 4 team, then on the Sims 5 team at least. Their perspective would be a boon to those of us Simmers who are into building and decorating Sim residences.
I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What do you feel is missing?
  • Options
    indi_geckoindi_gecko Posts: 15 Member
    Color swatches don't match (especially woods), some of the doors are only in white, no green purple or other basic colors in solid carpeting. No electrical outlets and light switches.

Little stuff mostly.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m fine with them not having a color wheel because of how long it would take for things to fully render in TS3. I don’t think they really need a “professional” decorator on the team, just some extra thought behind the swatches. Anything that is made of wood should have at least 6 swatches that are the same (black, white, and 4 matching wood tones?). The same should go for the carpet, curtains, beds, couches etc; a set of basic matching colors. Everything could match for those of us who really like that look, and they could then add in extra & patterned swatches to things that could mix and match for anyone wanting a bit more lively of a space. I just had to download a bunch of bed & curtain recolors, because I was so tired of all my bedrooms looking the same. It’s unfortunate for anyone who doesn’t want CC, or anyone like me who wants to keep it to a minimum.

Edit to add: I wish all TS4 furniture worked like the TS2 beds, select one swatch for the frame and one for the bedding. This could have worked on so many of the TS4 objects/furniture.