Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Challenge – Love It, or List It!

ETgohome16ETgohome16 Posts: 22 Member
Hey Simmers,

I've been working on starting a building challenge for a while, based off one of my favourite home-improvement shows.

As the designer, you are competing against the real estate agent to convince the homeowners to stay in their home!

Your job is to work with the budget they have given to you, and transform their home to a stunner.

Be careful, as with different homes you will run into different problems which may set your schedule back, or reduce your budget.
(You may also negotiate for more money with the homeowners, which may or may not work)

Follow me on the gallery @Connemaras! (I will follow back), so that I can see who is doing the challenge!

I every few days, I will post a home, budget, and background for the designer (you), to work with, as well as three competing listings that the real estate agent will have come up with.

Homes used for the real estate listings can be those I have found off of the gallery profiles of the designers (y'all)!

The "homeowner" and ultimate judge will be randomly selected; I will build the homeowner's home, and set budgets which will be posted on my profile in the gallery!

Please note that there will only be 9 designer slots per home, which may expand depending on the popularity.

- Please don't lie about budget, and custom content is not allowed as custom content pieces frequently have costs inconsistent to those in the game.

– The packs that you have don't matter! Make do with what you have – in the end, it will surely look spectacular!

– This is NOT a competition; nobody is winning anything, so please be a good sport!

– Have fun, and please ask any questions!

Entry:

Please list your gallery username below in the thread, and if you would like to compete or be a homeowner.

Follow me on the gallery – download the latest post titled: "LoveIt(#)", and read the background and budget below.

Submit pictures below with your gallery username! If you are negotiating for budget please ask for it in the comments of the corresponding post!

Have fun! Hope you guys enjoy!

~I will be posting my first home after I have received at least 9 entries~

Edit: I'd love to see your creations more in detail! Add the hashtag #LuvItNotListIt

Post edited by ETgohome16 on

Comments

• Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I'd love to compete! :) My gallery username is The_Real_Koteyka, i'm already following you. But i couldn't find the latest post titled "LoveIt", for some reason it shows that the latest post you uploaded is "The Southern Home".
  • Options
    Oh sorry about that! I was just finishing building the home and I have to work on the story and budget! When you followed me, you came up as anonymous and couldn't follow you back – is there a setting or something causing this?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @ETgohome16 hmm, I honestly don't know what could cause that! Maybe it's just a glitch. I'll try to restart the game and follow you again - maybe that'll help.

Edit: okay, i "refollowed", can you follow me now?
  • Options
    Update – I have just posted the first lot!
  • Options
    @Koteyka I think it could be caused by privacy settings?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @ETgohome16 turns out you were right! I checked my origin account setting and it turns out my profile was hidden for everyone but friends... interesting. I actually never knew about this, even though i play the Sims for over 2 years! I changed the setting from friends to everyone, now it should work :)

P.S one more question about the challenge. Are we allowed to add/remove walls or make rooms bigger/smaller?
  • Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I'm going to give this a try, I have a bit of time before the kids wake up.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited August 2018
    I managed to get it done and stay on budget. Was harder than i expected. I spent around 8,000 simoleons i deducted 3,000 from the original budget of 11,000 simoleons as a penalty for changing/ moving lights and plumbing (for extra bathroom). Its uploaded to the gallery with hashtag #luvitnotlistit

Link to online gallery: Luv It/ List It house 1
    collage_house.jpg

(I have never seen love it or list it so i'm not sure if i did it right but i tried to keep most of the existing furniture and i did remove some walls. )
    Post edited by Charliimai on
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    Wow great job @Charliimai ! You don't have to keep the furniture next time ;) though!
  • Options
    @Koteyka yes! But remember adding space onto the existing house will cost quite a bit!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Here's my version!
    b527f6b46329.png

ce7e764b4ee8.png

Press "spoiler" for more pictures :)
    The house gave me a vibe of a very cozy and warm family, so that's what i decided to go with. Cozy and homey, many brown, blue and green shades.
    15c65329d692.png

d9bfe5cc4f19.png

To make an open concept main-floor i decided to take down the kitchen walls. That not only made the whole room look much more spacious, but also this way the parents will have no problem keeping an eye their future toddler while cooking!
    7910678b2078.png

The family also wanted more storage place which was also taken into account.
    cc0a6546cf0e.png

I kept the blue palette in the living room zone.
    9fb5885cda98.png

More storage space!
    e68339d5b01c.png

I decided to keep the office as a separate room, because when you work you really need peace and quiet.
    613c5188f0b4.png

A little bit of changes on the second floor...
    df1f06fb4e34.png

Half of the walk-in closet has been revamped in a modern bathroom!
    d316932b9c03.png

The old bathroom was also remodelled in a similar style:
    b50256bc5848.png

The guest bedroom:
    6bbe5ea3c8fd.png

feef01c1d20c.png

The main bedroom:
    a6910e1267f4.png

6d88ed90ffae.png

Hope you like it! It's uploaded to the gallery under "LoveIt 1 Koteyka's Remake" and the hashtag #luvitnotlistit! I used 10,999 simoleons (counting the 1500 for the plumbing/lighting) in total.
    Post edited by Koteyka on
  • Options
    Wow looks good, @Koteyka ! I like how you used exactly 10,999 simoleans xD Please tell your friends about this challenge so we can get more people to check it out!