Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Want a High desert

With the lack of snow sticking in Oasis Springs, I was curious to know how many people want a high desert world or turn Oasis Springs into high desert with the weather machine?
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Want a High desert 47 votes

Separate High desert world
78%
GoldmoldarKita5399Sid1701D9keekee53shellbemeinvisiblgirlMariefoxprice83DJQ1308drake_mccartyldmarkoKatzMeowzJennyggsimmietimeTreebrookeDragonAge_300905halloweenchildCynel1drakharisSimmerMarsWinifred_Willow 37 votes
Or turn Oasis Springs into high with weather machine
21%
IceyJColorist40Bagoas77BreazonaIOIplaySimstakenbysheepCupidparadiseplanetEvie0602Sims4sadidles 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Personally, I think Oasis Springs is fine as it is right now, so I would vote for a new world. I love new worlds anyways, haha.

I think Oasis Springs being a true desert is really unique and makes it stand out; my sims can travel there in early spring without worrying about winter clothes if I ever want to be outside. I feel like if every world snowed at the same time, it'd just lose it's appeal and be kinda boring, you know? I appreciate the uniqueness of the different climates, like how Oasis Springs is always hot and how Brindleton Bay seems more rainy than other places.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Neither really appeals to me, but I'd prefer they left Oasis Springs as it is, but I don't see the harm in adding that option to the weather machine. However, I'm always up for new worlds, so I voted for the first.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I'd like the option to have snow in Oasis Springs with the weather machine.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited August 2018
    I actually wonder with a tuning mod if you could change oasis springs into a high desert. I mean I have changed up the weather in all worlds to match the values I want with a tuning mod, just never thought about making it snow in os.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm quite happy with how it is at the moment. I don't oppose a new world, but another desert wold is not a prioroty for me. About making the snow stick while using weather machine, I'm not sure - depends on how much work it would take and would it make sense gamewise. Snow doesn't stick in Selvadorada either and to me that makes sense... so what is the exact reaosn it doesn't stick in Oasis Spring? If it's the temperature then I say no for that too.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'd love a new desert world. Maybe with a red-ish color?

blackburn-red_desert.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    They should do what they did with Newcrest and give us a modified clone of the world, but they should enable snowcover for it.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'd like another desert world with snow (and appropriate vegetation for a high desert - sagebrush and paintbrush flowers, not saguaro cacti). Oasis Springs has always been my favourite world, but with Seasons, I wanted snow, so my main save is in Newcrest.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited August 2018
    So EA if you are reading this thread, the over all majority are in favor of a separate High Desert world with 86% in favor, that way Oasis Springs can be a warm snowless world and the high desert can be a new desert type that can work with seasons. Plus I think the majority of the community always supports new worlds anyways and it has been a long time. This would also solve a lot of problems of do deserts get snow or not. Simple answer, High Deserts do, Low Deserts don't, problem solved, everyone is happy again.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    I'd like a Grand Canyon world. I think it be cool.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited August 2018
    I think people who want to do it should at least have the option
    but there are so many unexplored opportunities for new worlds that I really don't care for a second desert
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I think I like Oasis Springs the way it is. The only thing I would change is to add in more spots to build
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    JibartJibart Posts: 28 Member
    I love worlds (And with the addition of seasons and climates) and the more the better!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'm not bothering with Seasons, so my OS is still as is. Would like more buildable spots though, and enough goodies and open flat land to make a fair replica of the Sonora where I spent part of my childhood.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2018
    Well, I haven't been playing The Sims, because I was playing in Oasis Springs, I was pretending it was a high desert, when they decided to make it a low dessert, my emersion was gone. I even adopted the house to match the desert surrounding, but because of them deciding the climate system in OS, my emersion was destroyed the house I moved to new crest, but it don't look the same in new crest as it did in OS Also turing Oasis Spring into a ghost town is a joke because you can't edit the terran. I am really not sure if I want to keep the current family anymore. I am really thinking about deleting my current saved game and start anew.

Edit: hint: A mod to unlock the weather machine for snow to stick in OS would be good.

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Neither.

Although I do find myself wonder why there's no snow in Oasis Spring when it's modeled after Tucson and it does occasionally snow there. Although I guess "once in a great while" would be too hard to program.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    I live in the high desert so I guess I'm a bit biased. I think we need a new high desert world.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Since I'm Currently in the market for just a desert actually, I would actually prefer
    Something with Mesa and a Mix of Egyptian - Arabian architecture would be nice.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I already love Oasis Springs as it is (with no snow), and I love having more worlds, so I voted for a separate high desert world. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    They need to add Joshua tree’s. I lived in a high desert growing up and it rarely rained or snowed. Heavy clouds rarely made it over the even higher mountains to the west, but the very rare times it did it was beautiful and exciting.