Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basement issue... I hope someone has some insight. (SOLVED THANKS TO AMAZING SIMMERS)

ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
First, yes, I use mods. Which actually is making the problem known. But, it's not caused by a mod. So I need to see if anyone has any insight.. Here goes..

I got a house off the gallery, it didn't have a basement. I added the basement. I added 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a entryway and a laundry room in the basement. This issue ONLY occurs in Mom and Dad's room of the basement.

I have a mod to have my sims change into everyday clothes when they enter a room with a thermostat. So when it's cold outside, they aren't constantly wearing coats.

Okay... picture below...

s89NO9D.png

In this picture, make note of the tv in the blue room, the chairs (which are just squished together at the moment from my latest experiment to try to fix this) and the extra space by the stairs.

Now, the problem. Whenever a sim comes downstairs to watch tv or just stand in Mom and Dad's room, the change into their coats (as Mom is in the photo). The son's room, they don't. the bathrooms, they don't. The laundry room, they don't. Only Mom and Dad's room, and NOT when they are queued up to go to bed and not when they are queued up to sit in the chairs. ONLY when they queue up to watch tv or simply walk in the room.

My first thought was, put in an additional thermostat. That didn't work. I've tried adding a room off the stairs upstairs, so the stairs aren't on an outer wall...

zWtSbGL.png

I saw some weird lights in mom and dad's room the other day, so that's why I tried the "no outer walls" near the stairs..

ywpPeND.png

kxFu5wq.png

They always change into outer wear when going to watch tv or walk into the room. But, again, no where else downstairs.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this. I also added an entire "layer" around the basement so the basement was inside a basement. That didn't work.

The layout upstairs:

HpAxQJj.png

Basement:

0VXgTYb.png

I really hope someone can help, as I love this house and love how I decorated and would hate to lose it, but I am at my wits end with this issue.
p8L4V6v.png
Post edited by ChelleJo on

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Is part of the basement under the backyard? This happens in one of my houses as well and most of my basement is under the backyard instead of under the house.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    The only difference I can see is that your parents room is under ground and not under the house.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Ya'll are right. It is under ground, not under the house. I'll run a test and put the whole upstairs over the basement and see what that does.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Evie0602 and @CamaroSycopaChic you guys are amazing! Thank you so much! I feel like a fool for not having caught that myself. I have troubleshooted so much for this issue! Got it solved! Thanks, ya'll! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I'm glad you got it all worked out. I hope you didn't have to change your house too much, it's really cute.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg