Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets,rotational play, leaf piles and crazy attire

Sorry about the long title but I need some info. I have placed pets in most of my playable households and I am a rotational player. Why are pet needs not being taken care of when I am playing another household? Shouldn't their needs stay the same as when I left that household? My Sims aren't hungry, dirty, sad or running away from home as soon as I return to their lot. And about the running away from home thing. Why does a pet that has been played with, brushed, given a treat and it's mood is in the green bolt for the nearest spawn area for no reason? I don't understand that logic. Does it have to happen to every pet at least once or what? The pet needs plummeting while I am playing another household is one of the reasons why I removed half of my playable households from my main save and created another save for those Sims.

SimGuruRomeo had a short tweet about the leaf piles saying they are working on finding a solution to this problem. Okay, cool, I look forward to seeing a patch that addresses that issue. But that doesn't help us right now. In the past week, I have been scouring the forums and the internet trying to find a mod for this. A lot of fans have stated they are currently using a mod to help rid the worlds of the leaf piles but none of them have gone so far as to state who created the mod or where it can be found. Does anyone know where I can find such a mod?

And lastly, why, oh why, has the issue of Sims wearing costumes, clown clothing and dressing like village idiots returned? This seems to become a problem with every other patch that drops. It gets fixed, it's all good then we get another patch and we go back to square one. It's like riding a merry go round. Is MCCC the only way to fix this until EA gives us another patch? Sims4 Studio is great for marking CC clothing to keep the townies from wearing it but as far as I know, the only way to stop all Sims from choosing odd bits of costumes as attire is to use MCCC. Am I missing something or is MCCC our only choice? I don't mind if it is if that is the case. I'd like to know if there are other options is why I ask.

The patch we got yesterday has impacted my game to the point of me being on the brink of pulling my hair out in frustration. Two vanilla saves have bit the dust in the aftermath. And I am afraid to load any of my main saves for fear of corruption destroying all the work I have put into these saves since Seasons was released. That's why I am here taking a break from that madness. I have tested my game with two totally vanilla saves and the patch has made them unplayable within a half hour of gameplay. Not good. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any and all help or advice on mods is appreciated in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hi!

Personally for pets I shift/right click on the pet in question and use "make happy". The frequency of dirty dogs annoys me! That being said, LittleMsSam has some pet mods that may help out!
    Fill up your dog's needs when you walk them:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411275238/go-for-a-walk-with-dogs-will-fill-up
    Hire a dog walker (needs will fill up):
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411487173/dog-walker-dog-jogger-hire-a-dog-walkerjogger
    Summon anyone on your lot to walk and or bathe your dog (works well with Dog walker mod!): https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411547238/ask-to-go-for-a-walk-bath-dogs-ask-others-to
    This prevents sick/dirty/sad/hungry NPC cats and dogs:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs
    Kids can walk dogs:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411703638/kids-can-go-for-a-walk-with-dogs-this-mods-enables

I couldn't find a Mod that rids the world of leaves, sorry. It may be out there somewhere...

I think you can prevent the goofy outfits with MCCC:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes, I have used littlemssam's mods but for some reason, they are not working very well for my pets. Which is odd since I have fewer mods now than ever before. My main problem is with the pets left behind when I am rotating between my playable families. Thank you so much for taking the time to post the links. At this point, I am pulling back on adding too many mods to my game. Every update and patch makes them unusable for a few days until they are updated if they need updating. I think I am going to give MCCC another try now that my Sims have lost all common sense when choosing proper attire. It worked when the clown costume invaded before so I am sure it will work again. Thanks so much for responding, Bananas_45. :)
  • Options
    You're welcome!
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Bienchen has a mod that makes leaf piles not stink anymore and a mod so you can destroy leaf piles.
    http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/
    You have to scroll down to the mods called leafpile_destroy and leafpile_nofreshnessdecay
  • Options
    I was just looking at the link to Bienchen's Mods posted above and the very last mod is for no weird outfits on Holidays.
  • Options
    You two are lifesavers!! I am so excited to get the leaf piles and crazy outfits under control. This is awesome. Thank you soooo much. <3
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Thank you so much for this thread! I have been looking everywhere for the leaf pile mod as well. Now if only the blurry screenshots would get fixed I’d be one happy Simmer today.
  • Options
    You're welcome, Kita5399. I was not happy when I read the patch notes on Tuesday and realized the leaf pile problem was not one of the things they had fixed. The patch broke my game and when I was finally able to get a new vanilla save up and running, the crazy outfit bug hit. One of my playable Sims began wandering around dressed in bits and pieces of the clown outfit or the hot dog costume. That's when I knew the patch had created more than a few problems and came here looking for solutions. If you experience any issues with the leaf mod, please report it here so we can help others who are also looking for a mod like this. I have not played my game with the mod installed yet. Today I am finally getting my leg cast off and I am so ready. I've been laid up for eight weeks now, had to have the first cast replaced because of a sore on my ankle that didn't heal under the first cast...it has been a bit of a pain in the neck and has seriously made me doubt doctors knowing what they're doing. Anyway, just two hours to go and that nightmare will be over.

I am thrilled to have been able to help others who are upset because the leaf piles are wonky. I did manage to get the problem under control in Magnolia Promenade for a bit. I had one Sim in charge of burning the piles every Sim day. The piles seem to have layers, for lack of a better explanation, that required several fires before the pile burned down to ash. Then I noticed NPCs wandering by would stop, reach into the fire and take out a bag of trash and put it into the nearest garbage can. And every Sim that stopped to talk to my Sim would get the uncomfortable moodlet. So I found out each day the leaf pile is not burned another 'layer' of leaves would accumulate even though I could not see that happening, and my Sim had to burn the pile twice. One leaf pile had to be burned five times before only ash was left behind. After that, the Leaf Burning Sim would go around and burn all four piles in that world and the NPCs would dispose of the ash. But the piles always spawned again. It is a problem that makes the worlds look awful and takes away from how lovely the worlds are. It's a shame, really. They put a lot of effort into making Seasons a great expansion, they worked very hard to make sure every world is visually stunning in every season so this problem with the leaf piles has to be annoying for the teams as well as for Simmers.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @Paigeisin5
    Thanks for the added info! SimGuruNick posted a work around on Twitter, it’s not great though. He said just visit the lots with stinky leaves in winter when it snows, and they should disappear. I’m not sure how well that will work to be honest, it’s currently Spring in the save I’m playing so I might start a new save to test later. I too have had the leaves spawning many layers deep, I burned one 7 times and they were still there. The good thing is the Gurus are aware and are actively working on it.
    Ps. I hope your leg feels better soon :)
  • Options
    @Kita5399 Thank you. It is a relief to be mobile again that's for sure! LOL I wanted to let people know I have the leaf mods in my game now and the mods work beautifully. In my test save the season just turned to the 1st day of winter and the leaf piles disappeared. Totally disappeared. After playing a Sim week the piles are still gone. When the first snow fell it was wonderful seeing the landscape white and pristine with not a single rotting pile to ruin the effect. I will be testing his clothing mod later tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.

Thank you again for helping me out! That's why I love this community. Everyone is so very helpful and go out of their way to share their knowledge and lend support whenever someone has an issue with their game. I play many different games and have for years, and I can truthfully say there isn't another fan community that is as helpful as the Sims community. <3