Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would This Run ALL Sims 3 Games?

I'm thinking of buying a new computer, but it has to be able to run the Sims 3 WELL. Would this work pretty well?

Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Type: Intel Atom Z3735F Quad-Core Processor
Processor Speed: 2.00 GHz
System Ram: 2 GB
Hard Drive Size: 32 GB
Laptop Screen Size: 11.6 inch
Screen Type: LED Backlight, HD Capacitive Touchscreen Display
Resolution: 1366 x 768
Card Reader Type: 1 x microSD Card Reader
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Network Connection: 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connector Type: 1 x Headphone/Speaker, 1 x MicroUSB 2.0
Operating System: Windows 10
Accessories Included: AC Adapter , Earphones , OTG Cable
Model No.: MAXIMUS-BL
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 4.9
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 11.5 x 7.75 x 1.0

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    It is extremely underpowered to play the game; you need a gaming computer for the Sims.

Acer Nitro ($899 - Sale):
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314849

NewEgg is no tax outside of California, New Jersey, and Tennessee.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    In addition to being underpowered and not having nearly enough memory (RAM), I don't even see how you would be able to fit Windows 10 and the base game plus any EPs at all on a 32 GB drive and still have enough room left to function. It would lock up during the install or the first startup anyway.

I understand needing to save money, and not everyone has or will be able to come up with $900 USD (nice sale but that one's out of stock, by the way) for a laptop that can play TS3 properly . But you cannot run a graphically demanding game on such a device that is made for email, surfing the web, and light office tasks. Afraid it's just not possible.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    In addition to being underpowered and not having nearly enough memory (RAM), I don't even see how you would be able to fit Windows 10 and the base game plus any EPs at all on a 32 GB drive and still have enough room left to function. It would lock up during the install or the first startup anyway.

I understand needing to save money, and not everyone has or will be able to come up with $900 USD (nice sale but that one's out of stock, by the way) for a laptop that can play TS3 properly . But you cannot run a graphically demanding game on such a device that is made for email, surfing the web, and light office tasks. Afraid it's just not possible.

I realized that it was sold out. :D

Here is another Acer Nitro ($979 - Sale):
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314852
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    I'm thinking of buying a new computer, but it has to be able to run the Sims 3 WELL. Would this work pretty well?

Processor Brand: Intel
    Processor Type: Intel Atom Z3735F Quad-Core Processor
    Processor Speed: 2.00 GHz
    System Ram: 2 GB
    Hard Drive Size: 32 GB
    Laptop Screen Size: 11.6 inch
    Screen Type: LED Backlight, HD Capacitive Touchscreen Display
    Resolution: 1366 x 768
    Card Reader Type: 1 x microSD Card Reader
    Battery Type: Lithium Ion
    Network Connection: 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
    Connector Type: 1 x Headphone/Speaker, 1 x MicroUSB 2.0
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Accessories Included: AC Adapter , Earphones , OTG Cable
    Model No.: MAXIMUS-BL
    Shipping Weight (in pounds): 4.9
    Product in Inches (L x W x H): 11.5 x 7.75 x 1.0
    hi @arcticpaytons10 sorry this is not designed for gaming its a processor used mainly in tablets http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Atom-Z3735F-Tablet-SoC.116934.0.html so i highly doubt it can even launch the game. the key thing here for running sims is finding a system that states its created for gaming, and not causal :) and you will need to increase your budget significantly.

if budget is tight consider playing on a desktop - they are more affordable then gaming laptops and actually perform better and last longer.
  • Options
    DeelunaDeeluna Posts: 33 Member
    I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to add some information to this thread instead of leaving it with "It won't work." Because it definitely does.

The Storage part is not an issue with a 128 GB SD card added in. That said, the performance is sub par, running at the lowest settings it is still choppy. I will note though that the version of this tablet that I have runs a 32 bit windows 8.1. So yeah the game is not enjoyable. Considering that the game only really uses one core of the CPU, you are limited to the single core performance of the Atom CPU which is lackluster at best. The 2 GB of RAM split between the intel Integrated graphics, the OS, and the game, You'd find yourself hitting the RAM limits pretty quick while running this game with it's memory leaks. Even an early 2009 Macbook runs this better. I will also note that this is base game and no expansions.

Long story short, yes it does start, yes it runs, but it doesn't run for very long and makes for an unhappy experience. To any future people checking for this sort of thing. trust me that you will not enjoy this experience.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Deeluna - When players ask if a game or users ask if a program will run on a set of hardware or under certain conditions, we pretty much have to assume they don't mean in a theoretical sense. They mean will they be able to enjoy the game, get practical use out of the program, is it recommended or advised to push things a bit further or will they end up harming or overheating the device, etc.

You are basically agreeing with everything we already said on this thread three years ago. For all practical purposes, the answer is still no, this is not going to work. The game requires something that is more of a full-fledged computer to begin with in order to function as it was intended.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Well excuse me @igazor for sharing my experience with actual experimentation. All you did was say "No it won't run" I proved it isn't worth the effort, but it does "run."
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Deeluna - What I was trying to do was share some advice on how to be helpful to other players while providing new information. I'm sorry if that kind of feedback was unwanted or if it didn't come across quite the way I had intended.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Well that's fine and dandy, now if you wish to discuss this further we can go to a PM, otherwise we can leave this topic to it's original purpose.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Since this thread's originally from 2015, I'm closing it. Let's also please be respectful, folks. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top