Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Check weather in other worlds

I want to be able to check the weather in other worlds before planning activities and traveling there. I was planning on having a fun day ice-skating at willow creek since my game said it was sunny (in Newcrest) and after the annoying loading screen to the lot, it turns out there was a blizzard and none of my sims wanted to be outside. 4

also, the weather channel should reflect the current weather conditions.

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I would like this very much. My sims never watch much else than cooking channel, but it could be implemented on phone or computer. Like phone/entertainment/weather/and then a list of towns. Same with Computer/Web/Weather.
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    This is a great idea! :grin:
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ooo yes this is a great idea! I just got seasons and it’s a bit hard to travel anywhere besides the current world not fully knowing the weather.
  • Options
    SimChessackSimChessack Posts: 182 Member
    +1 for this.

Just yesterday, it was very nice in Willow Creek. I decided to go to the park but I went to Brindleton for a change, and it was pouring rain. I was trying to have my Sims meet people, play chess, fish... but they all got the negative "I'm wet" moodlet and after a little while I just got frustrated and sent them home to nicer weather.

If I'd known it was raining I'd have just stayed in WC and gone to that park instead.
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    I would love to have this feature. Very handy when traveling to other worlds.
  • Options
    It's silly not to have this feature when every Sim in the world has a smartphone and these can be checked for weather anywhere in the world.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yeah, I'm not even bothering taking them on vacations for now, I don't want to arrive in the forest with 6 days of rain in the forecast :(
  • Options
    YokoOnnaYokoOnna Posts: 9 New Member
    That would be really cool! I had a similar experience. My family went on a vacation to Granite Falls while it was sunny, and we get there, and it's heavy rain. So much for hiking!
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Camping in the rain. That does sound like fun.
    My Sims never travel because they are not sure if there destination is going to be a bust or a nice trip.
  • Options
    YokoOnnaYokoOnna Posts: 9 New Member
    I just never travel with my sims. XD I'm trying to get out more but I'm always content to just stay at home.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This needs to happen. Not being able to check the weather is a disappointing oversight.
  • Options
    YokoOnna wrote: »
    I just never travel with my sims. XD I'm trying to get out more but I'm always content to just stay at home.

I play Legacies and, especially once you are a couple of generations in and the Legacy Lot has a great number of useful items on it for skills, needs, etc., I tend to mostly just have them stuck on the lot doing their thing. I don't seem to be alone in this -- Pinstar's wife, Mystic, is doing a Let's Play of a Legacy right now and in 28 episodes I think she has taken them off the lot maybe 10 times, and most of that was early on before the lot had everything her Sims needed. Since the first baby, I can't think of more than one or two times her Sims have gone off-lot.

I try to do it a little bit more but one of my main problems is that I don't like leaving Sims alone on the lot. They'll always end up doing something stupid that I don't want them to do, and worse yet, I almost always come back and find their needs bars are messed up, like 4 things in the yellow and now I am trying to up fun, hygiene, and social while they're supposed to be going to bed. So I try to only go off-lot with the whole family and since there's almost never a day when everyone is off at once, that can be hard to do. I guess I should take more vacations but, as a Legacy player, I am trying to get the careers done and so forth.

This was not as much of a problem for me with the open-world system of Sims 3. I would just click on Sims' portraits and go back and forth between them, checking them occasionally and adjusting their behavior as needed. IMO, that was the best of the Sims games for Legacy play for that reason. Again, this is just my opinion.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't think this is possible. I'm pretty sure that the weather is generated only when you travel to that world, if you don't, that world simply doesn't exist.
  • Options
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I don't think this is possible. I'm pretty sure that the weather is generated only when you travel to that world, if you don't, that world simply doesn't exist.

If that's true, then why do Sims who live in other worlds age and die? If the world doesn't exist then that shouldn't happen.

Also, even if that is the way it was originally designed, surely it could easily be changed. They could just generate the weather when your Sim checks it for that world and then "remember" it for that day. I can't imagine this would be hard to implement.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Because the sims are handled in a different ways than worlds. I had a mod causing the weather not generating, it was causing an LE only when I travelled to a different world, meaning the weather was generated during the loading screen.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member

It is possible, but not by a mod. The way that weather is generated should have to be changed by the devs so that the weather in all the worlds is predetermined before traveling to other worlds. It doesn't make sense to not know the weather of where you're going until you get there, RL you'll realize that it's raining the direction you're going because of the clouds, so you'll turn back. No one drives all the way to a park, sees there's a blizzard, and drives back.

It just doesn't make sense.

• Options
    Because the sims are handled in a different ways than worlds. I had a mod causing the weather not generating, it was causing an LE only when I travelled to a different world, meaning the weather was generated during the loading screen.

Just because that's how they're doing it now, doesn't mean that's how they have to do it period. Surely they can execute the same script or subroutine or method or whatever it is when you ask your phone for the weather as the script/subroutine/etc. that gets executed when you load the world. And then store that data ON the Sim, so that when the world loads, instead of randomly generating it, if there is info. on the phone, it matches what the phone says. This cannot be THAT hard to accomplish.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited August 2018
    I agree. It would be so much easier to plan a vacation to Granite Falls or Selvadorada if we could check the weather first.