Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After selecting household, load bar get stuck at 99%

I did try some of the fixes I saw posted here, before posting.

I cannot get any games to load past 99%. I've let it sit for hours and nothing happens!

I have removed my mods folder to see if my CC was causing an issue, loaded my game with all but one of my expansion packs, re-installed and uninstalled the Sims and etc. I really would like to play my Sims.

Here is my System info:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.10, Build 17134)
System Manufacturer: CYBERPOWER Corporation
System Model: FANG
Bios: E16J41CP.10C
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60GHZ (8 CPU), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 9182MB RAM

I also have Sims 4 installed on my PC and able to play games on there just fine, if that matters

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Can you get a new test game started up, or does the same thing happen?

Have you cleared the five top level cache files on your TS3 user game folder in Documents? Many of us do this routinely to avoid stale cache-related issues, the files do not clean up after themselves.

The issue could possibly be with your TS3 user game folder. Try pulling it out of Documents entirely, to the Desktop for safekeeping. A new user game folder will spawn to take its place on the next attempted launch, with no added content at all. Can you get a new test game to launch on the clean game folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SquidlyDiddlySquidlyDiddly Posts: 29 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Can you get a new test game started up, or does the same thing happen?

Have you cleared the five top level cache files on your TS3 user game folder in Documents? Many of us do this routinely to avoid stale cache-related issues, the files do not clean up after themselves.

The issue could possibly be with your TS3 user game folder. Try pulling it out of Documents entirely, to the Desktop for safekeeping. A new user game folder will spawn to take its place on the next attempted launch, with no added content at all. Can you get a new test game to launch on the clean game folder?

I removed my TS3 user file and did a test game and it worked perfectly. So, I guess something in my user file is corrupt. :( I haven't added any new CC lately either, just buying items off the Sims 3 store.

I guess I will have to start over. Is there any way to prevent files from going corrupt in your user folder? This is the second time I've had to start over due to some bad CC or file.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, wait a minute. What we don't know yet is if there is no hope to salvage what you had been playing and working on prior. If you restore enough of your content onto the new folder by reinstalling store content, worlds, package based content and mods, hopefully without anything questionable that might have been causing delayed issues, you could once you have enough of it restored for prior ongoing games to be playable again move your saves from the pulled out folder over to the new game folder and see if any or all of them can be resumed where you left off.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net