Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to change the family funds without loading that family?

I know about the cheats like "money [value]", but as far as I know, it works only for the household currently loaded. I'm interested in a way to change the funds of any family, relatively easily.

I was messing a bit with my townies, moving them around, and saving them to the library, but as the results, some of them ended up with rather ridiculous amount of money. Maybe it's not super important, but I wish I could change it, yet, don't necessary want to visit each of them. I'm not against solutions involving mods, like MCCC (but I didn't find anything myself).

Comments

• Options
    poemetragurlpoemetragurl Posts: 17 Member
    You can transfer funds from one household to another through MCCC if you use the transfer funds tab. You can now gift money if you have seasons too.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    You can transfer funds from one household to another through MCCC if you use the transfer funds tab. You can now gift money if you have seasons too.

Do you have to know the other family, using MCCC for transfer, or you can transfer between any family in the save?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    You can transfer other sims over via manage households and each one will drop 20K to the household.
  • Options
    You can transfer other sims over via manage households and each one will drop 20K to the household.

The problem is I'm more interested in reducing the funds, not increasing :)
    But thanks for suggestions anyway @luimistelija and @poemetragurl
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Oh how did I miss that. One way I can think of would be moving them out (selling the furniture = leaving it in the house), adding one sim to the household via manage households, making a new household for the original sims and finally moving them back to the house with freerealestates code on. It's a bit of a hassle, but if you really don't want to load the family then it should do it.
  • Options
    Oh how did I miss that. One way I can think of would be moving them out (selling the furniture = leaving it in the house), adding one sim to the household via manage households, making a new household for the original sims and finally moving them back to the house with freerealestates code on. It's a bit of a hassle, but if you really don't want to load the family then it should do it.

That's more or less what I ended up doing. That's more work than I wished for, but oh well. I was just really hoping for some cheat like funds_of_any_family [value], or some equivalent of that, but apparently there's no such thing. Thank you anyway :)
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I really do not understand that there is no financial management for a long time! I can not choose that when creating a new home I do not want those 20k. I can not transfer money from parents to the offspring.

Mod can do it. Why not a developer?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Moving out and back in sounds like way more tedious than simply loading the household to use the money cheat :)

I too wish a more detailed money system in the game. Along with individual accounts, where teen can save up their earnings etc, and it would be good for households that are not really one family (like ya singles, or when a rlative stays temporarily with a family). There should be bank loans with running costs, bank deposits, investments with low or high risk (currently only available to sims in the Business career's higher levels) and more. It should be a rather small job to create such a system as no animations are needed, except a few icons/moods etc which I btw could live without).

Everything in a house would sum up to what we see in the UI today. Gamers not interesting in the details, could just use the main sim's account ignoring all details.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Moving out and back in sounds like way more tedious than simply loading the household to use the money cheat :)

I've done it almost entirely from the manage world, and I feel that was the easiest way in the end. Especially that some of these family was not placed in the world, so I would had to move them in, load the household, move them out... I know, I'm probably nitpicking a bit :) I'm just creating my own kind of starting file and I wished my designed-to-be-poor townies won't be going around the world with small fortunes.

But I agree with opinions it'd be nice to have some in-game money transfer system. I wouldn't also mind the option to evict the family WITHOUT adding to their founds the vaule of the house.