Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Help! Need Exterior Trim Advice please

keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
Hello fellow builders!
I'm in the middle of building a palace and I ran into a bit of an issue. There is an exterior trim associated with an exterior balcony that is clipping into the interior of my building. It's a big pain because it's right in the middle of my grand staircase shot. :cry:
Screenshots of what I mean:
VFOOZJL.jpg
jzGExq7.jpg
TaAmhNs.jpg

I'm assuming it's because it doesn't recognize the upper staircase as a room, but it's recognizing the exterior balcony as it's own room that needs an exterior trim all the way around it. How would you guys go about approaching this problem?

Is there anyway to "redraw" it's room boundaries so to speak?
Please and Thank You for any advice you can provide! I'm in quite the pickle. :confounded:

Comments

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    The way I've handled it is to delete the existing trim with the sledgehammer and then reapply the trim to the outdoors to only one wall at a time--so it doesn't apply the trim to the inside wall. You can apply the trim on side at a time by holding down the shift key when selecting to apply the trim to each wall and then it will only try to put the trim on that wall.

Good luck! I hope that helps!
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @withlovejulien That worked phenomenally! Thank you so much! I never you could apply trims in a non-auto form. Great tip! <3
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Great! I'm glad!!