Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The town I'm playing is missing, I need help in getting it to show

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I was playing Pleasantview earlier this evening, and had to stop to take care of some things. After I got those finished I went back into my game to play my family, but on the menu where you can choose which town you want to play, Pleasantview is not there. So I went into my Neighborhood folder, and the file N001 is there with all the necessary stuff in it. I went ahead and did a repair, but that has not resolved this issue. Is there anything else I can do to get this world to show up on the menu so I can play it?

Comments

• Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    If the Pleasantview Neighbourhood (N001) is in the right location (My Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Neighbourhoods), it is a mystery why it is not showing up in your game?
    When you left the game, were you in the neighbourhood view?
    If so, the town you are playing does not show - only the others.
  • Options
    When ever I end my playing time, I always do the same thing, and it is this.
    First I will save my game, and then exit to the neighborhood view. Once in the neighborhood view I will quit my game. This is the first time this has ever happened to me like this.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    First, try deleting groups.cache. Maybe it got corrupted. It likes to get corrupted.

If that doesn't work, try deleting NeighborhoodManager.package. It's related to neighborhoods and the game will generate a new one when you load up the game.
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    Are you sure you havent done any of the things on this list? http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption Cause once youve done something to corrupt your hood it could take years or days or hours for it to blow up and a disappearing hood is a big sign that the hood has become so corrupted to make it unplayable or disappear
  • Options
    Are you sure you havent done any of the things on this list? http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption Cause once youve done something to corrupt your hood it could take years or days or hours for it to blow up and a disappearing hood is a big sign that the hood has become so corrupted to make it unplayable or disappear

I haven't been playing this game save very long.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    First, try deleting groups.cache. Maybe it got corrupted. It likes to get corrupted.

If that doesn't work, try deleting NeighborhoodManager.package. It's related to neighborhoods and the game will generate a new one when you load up the game.

It didn't work. :(
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Can you package your neighborhood, upload it, and let me try it? Doesn't matter about any CC. Just wondering if it'd work on another game. if you want to try.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I haven't been playing this game save very long.

Corruption can reach end stage quickly. Have you done anything on the list FearlessButterfly posted? If so, it may be worth deciding if you want to just restart Pleasantview or try to fix it and hope it doesn't get worse again before you're ready to restart it.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think I will go ahead and start a fresh new Pleasantview. I already have a saved new copy of it, just in case something happened. It amazes me how fragile this game can be. Thinking back on something, I did see a very strange fear that one of my sims had, and it was a fear of being chased by Mitch. Mitch was at the time her romantic interest, and not some dog.

I did go through that list, and I didn't do anything that was mentioned.
  • Options
    I've don't remember it being so fragile, I've played generations in one town but I never used more than 2GBs of CC. I don't want to blame mods/CC but I never had a neighborhood disappear *knock on wood* and I've made and played many.

My CC is up to about 4GBs now... I wish there wasn't so much Cool CC now (or that I've gotten so tired of their clothes). :lol:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've don't remember it being so fragile, I've played generations in one town but I never used more than 2GBs of CC. I don't want to blame mods/CC but I never had a neighborhood disappear *knock on wood* and I've made and played many.

My CC is up to about 4GBs now... I wish there wasn't so much Cool CC now (or that I've gotten so tired of their clothes). :lol:

In doing some research it does appear that neighborhoods disappearing is a sign of neighborhood corruption (and so corrupted the game no longer recognizes it) or corruption of the neighborhoodmanager.package file. Whether the corruption is due to in game actions or random corruption is unknown in this case.
  • Options
    @Seera1024 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

In doing some research it does appear that neighborhoods disappearing is a sign of neighborhood corruption (and so corrupted the game no longer recognizes it) or corruption of the neighborhoodmanager.package file. Whether the corruption is due to in game actions or random corruption is unknown in this case.

Oh, sure. I'm not saying it's not. I've corrupted a few neighborhoods- usually from adding Sims with friends/families from other neighborhoods thinking I did it right. I'm just adding my opinion. :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You might want to use THIS to check for corruption and fix it if any is found.I've had it for a while and found it very useful when one of mine failed to load and would crash the game on trying to load.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    CharlotteMeganWCharlotteMeganW Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I'm a new member and so can't start my own thread and this one looked pretty relevant! I've been scouring the internet for a few days and tried a couple things but so far no luck (I'm also not very technologically intelligent so that may be a contributing factor)

So I have had a legacy going for a couple years on a custom neighbourhood (N004) in ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ etc.

Yesterday, my laptop ran out of battery whilst I was playing, I charged it up a few hours later, loaded Sims 2 and went to play on my neighbourhood but it had completely vanished. It appears that all the files are still intact in my documents. Is there anything I can do? Haven't backed it up for about 100 hours of playing, so all is not lost but I'm pretty heartbroken about it!

Also I've read through the neighbourhood corruption page on wiki and pretty certain I've not done any of those things, I don't use any cheats full stop - only thing I can remember is when a pet's urn got knocked off a bedside table and that was probably 5/6 months ago!

All advice welcome...
    Thank you, Charlotte
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a new member and so can't start my own thread and this one looked pretty relevant! I've been scouring the internet for a few days and tried a couple things but so far no luck (I'm also not very technologically intelligent so that may be a contributing factor)

So I have had a legacy going for a couple years on a custom neighbourhood (N004) in ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ etc.

Yesterday, my laptop ran out of battery whilst I was playing, I charged it up a few hours later, loaded Sims 2 and went to play on my neighbourhood but it had completely vanished. It appears that all the files are still intact in my documents. Is there anything I can do? Haven't backed it up for about 100 hours of playing, so all is not lost but I'm pretty heartbroken about it!

Also I've read through the neighbourhood corruption page on wiki and pretty certain I've not done any of those things, I don't use any cheats full stop - only thing I can remember is when a pet's urn got knocked off a bedside table and that was probably 5/6 months ago!

All advice welcome...
    Thank you, Charlotte

If you don't have the mod nounlinkondelete, the pet's urn being smashed did technically corrupt the neighborhood. If you had absolutely no symptoms of corruption: improper wants (children who wish to woohoo), children/toddlers with LTW's other than Grow Up, etc, then I would find it odd that the game jumped straight to end game corruption status (not able to load the neighborhood).
    • Do other custom neighborhoods still load up or did they all disappear?
    • Have you tried swapping out to the back up version? Don't delete the current one obviously, but maybe move that one to the desktop if you haven't tried seeing if the back up will show up.
    • If you don't have other custom neighborhoods, have you tried creating a new neighborhood?

And even after you get this issue resolved, as long as you take frequent back ups and keep more than one version, the neighborhood being corrupted shouldn't cause you to immediately have to ditch the neighborhood. There are people who have managed to play a neighborhood for 10+ years having done things that cause corruption. And there are also people who have it happen really quickly.