Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring is a bit glum

When i enter the game in spring the plants are brown the trees are brown everything is brown except for the grass which is fine for early spring but considering as it lasts basically all season im wondering if its a glitch or something, spring for me is very green and flowery and beautiful. Are your springs normal? how do you feel about the bleek springs?

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    It's pretty accurate. Everything's dead when the snow melts and it takes time to come back alive.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    It's pretty accurate. Everything's dead when the snow melts and it takes time to come back alive.
    yes for the early part of spring but mine seems to be lasting all season
  • Options
    Jordyn78988Jordyn78988 Posts: 421 Member
    @rhysbarrett8 How long are your seasons set to?
  • Options

the default one week
  • Options

the default one week

Okay, that may be a bug then. Where are your sims living? Different worlds have different climates.
  • Options

the default one week

Okay, that may be a bug then. Where are your sims living? Different worlds have different climates.

windenburg
  • Options

the default one week

windenburg

Hmm...I wonder if that's just how spring is in Windenburg. Have you tested it in a new save? That's what I would suggest :)
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I was expecting to see a bland spring as well since I had seen pictures of it on the forums. When it came around, it was a bit dim at first, but the grass quickly turned bright green and there were buds growing on the branches. I was actually surprised by how bright it was. I'm in Newcrest btw, and have 2 week seasons.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    JayTheGingerHamsterJayTheGingerHamster Posts: 33 Member
    Where I live IRL, spring starts off really brown and turns green over time. Is that not the same as your Sims?
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I understand. Where I live everything starts to turn green before Spring comes around, so it's kind of weird that everything stays brown so late into Spring in The Sims 4.

Like I'm really happy that they took the time to make ALL of the plants turn brown and flowerless during the Winter instead of just trees (which is all they did in previous games), and I don't want to take away from how awesome that is, but I do think the transition back into Spring is a little odd. It's not that things can't be brown in the beginning. But I think like flowers should not grow back at all until the stems/leaves are green. The way the flowers grow back while everything is brown is kind of awkward.
    OO2UdmJ.png