Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ottomas?

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
What do you name the Ottomas twins. I assume they are always a girl and boy, but if not, mine are. Really don't know what to call them. Right now I just named them Mark and May, but I need something better.

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Hansel and Gretel! :D I have no idea, I haven't played with them in years. Good luck coming up with names you like though!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have restarted my game since Seasons release probably 5 or 6 times now, and until just last week, I had always had twin girls. I was shocked to get a boy and girl this time.
    I named mine Brian and Serenity. I had to think of something off the cuff all of a sudden because I had to change it from my normal Sierra and Serenity. :D

I follow a "pattern" of names in that family. The males have very average names and the females (except Dora) start with S.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LOL thanks guys. Anmirla your puppy is so cute but looks like a bat. Love it, what kind is it?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    It is a bat - a baby fruitbat. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LOL, wow so cute.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Random questions relating to those twins - did you guys get a bug whenever Samantha or whatever her name is gives birth in Pleasantview - the second parent somehow turns out to be Brandi Broke?!
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Random questions relating to those twins - did you guys get a bug whenever Samantha or whatever her name is gives birth in Pleasantview - the second parent somehow turns out to be Brandi Broke?!

That's what happens if you play the game unpatched for Seasons. This corrupts the neighborhood completely. If you play unpatched and have no desire to patch you need to terminate the pregnancy or never play the Ottomas through to giving birth.

UC is fully patched, so you don't have to worry about the Ottomas if you have the UC or if you play fully patched without the UC installed.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    @Seera1024

Thanks, I recall playing them in the original game before UC - thats why I keep deleting them lol
  • Options
    @Seera1024

Thanks, I recall playing them in the original game before UC - thats why I keep deleting them lol

Deleting is also bad and causes corruption. Any neighborhood you have done this in is corrupted.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

That's what happens if you play the game unpatched for Seasons. This corrupts the neighborhood completely. If you play unpatched and have no desire to patch you need to terminate the pregnancy or never play the Ottomas through to giving birth.

UC is fully patched, so you don't have to worry about the Ottomas if you have the UC or if you play fully patched without the UC installed.

That's why i always use sims blender to terminate her pregnancy, even if with the UC the game is patched. I just don't want to risk it.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

That's why i always use sims blender to terminate her pregnancy, even if with the UC the game is patched. I just don't want to risk it.

I started up a brand new neighborhood just to have her give birth in it when I got the UC started as it would be a quick way to make sure the game was patched. The father came out to be the correct Sim and not an incorrect one.
  • Options
    Ya I don't us them often in my game because of the ugly factor, though I have a really soft spot for David who is not bad looking, but still the ugly runs in the genes. But sometime I have enough pretty going in my game, got to add some ugly. I like the family as they are fun but if you want to have the kids marry and have more kids, hope to breed the ugly out. I never got fair enough with them to see if it could be done. LOL Maybe this time. Like Malcolm Landgraab; I love that sim but only once many years ago did he have a good looking set of twins. No matter who he has kids with, they don't looks so hot moist of the time.
  • Options
    deedee828TheSimdeedee828TheSim Posts: 146 Member
    Since it's Dora that wants 6 grandchildren, I usually name one of twins after her, like Doralyn, Doralee, or Dorann. If the twin is another girl, I use another D, name, like Delilah or a P name, for Dad Peter, like Petra. If a mixed set, a D name for Dora and a common name for the boy, like Michael. The 6th child they have in my current game is Samuel, but I have used Patrick as well. But a mixed set I had a long time ago was Chase Alexander (son in RL) and Angelina Claire (his BF in Kindergarten!) Those two were very scary looking toddlers! I did have one set of twin boys early on and I think I went with very common names to match the other males in the family, like Matthew and Michael.