Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires Or Jungle Adventures

kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
I’m more of a family player and I was thinking about getting Jungle Adventures to go along with build a bundle, but i’ve been hearing a lot of positivite reviews about Vampires since it’s release and I do really intend to try them out and play with them at some point.

However, the only reason that has held me back from purchasing Vampires is that I’ve heard that they break into your homes, and sometimes I like to play family/realistic saves only.

Which would you recommend...?

Vampires Or Jungle Adventures 73 votes

Vampires
58%
LaBlue0314overonTheLibrarySimAnmirlaMagdaleenaLadyDecafsafersaviourVuloriJoAnne65ashcrash19JACKIEJOYDaemonPawsSerendipity38mierpelsomWoWDiva92annaliese39kendallranInternal_ChaosToadette12robiokos 43 votes
Jungle Adventures
41%
alexspoom13AlrynnThunderbat87simgirl1010Bagoas77Moon_WillowSjofnemluckysunshineguvenkarabagli9MzUnique09AlbaWaterhouseharun789Strawburry3BreazonaTaraIris94summertaffy68FanPhoriacomicsforlifeJemmaTheSimmerChazzzy 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    thesleepingsatellitethesleepingsatellite Posts: 34 Member
    Vampires
    If you are more of a family player, you may enjoy Vampires more. One of the aspirations is to build a Vampire family (either through children or through siring vampires). Also vampire kids are pretty fun.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Vampires
    The vampires EA is top notch, but you're right, they can break into your home and suck your blood. Had it happen to me. BUT you can go into your manage households and delete pre made vamps that live in game. You could just have one family of vamps you play with. Having only one vamp household could kill them breaking into your other houses entirely because you have the control to not give them that ability. A vamp being able to break into a house is a strength they can acquire.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I really can't vote. I love them both equally. It will come down to do you want vamps or another destination area.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    Yes vampires do break in.

Jungle Adventures is excellent.
  • Options
    mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    Vampires
    Do you have any idea what you're asking?! You may as well be like Air or Water! :D

I played my vampire for days and days straight. I didn't have so much passion for this iteration of sims since camping. That being said, I wanted a new vacation destination for years! JA has been a huge focus since release right up to seasons.

I'm going to vote but I still haven't decided which I will pick. All I can say for sure is that taking a vampire to the jungle was one of the best days of my life.
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,409 Member
    Vampires
    Well, I voted for vampires since you said you would like to try them. But they will break into your house. I'm not sure if it's possible to delete all game spawned vampires with the ability or will there be new ones. Best be prepared that your sim will occasionally become a snack.
  • Options
    WoWDiva92WoWDiva92 Posts: 111 Member
    Vampires
    I have them both and I like them both, but if I were made to choose between the two it would be Vampires definitely.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    If you hadn't mentioned you like realistic play I would have said vampires. I am a more realistic player but really enjoyed my vampire save. But for the most part I ignore them and it's easy.

I recently got Jungle adventures. I really like some parts of it. For me the temples aren't as re-playable, though there were fun. I will say adventures aren't my type of vacations. But like I said they are things about it I enjoy. The world is beautiful. I liked the Culture skills, new recipes, meeting locals, and dancing. So the pack was still worth it to me.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    Don't get vampires if you want to play realistic saves. It's impossible to completely avoid the vampires. They will show up at your sim's house at night and sometimes break in. Even if you delete all the pre-made vampires, the game will spawn more.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    If realism is a concern, then probably JA. In realistic saves, just avoid the jungle--there's still plenty to do with it, especially if you download or build a cooler museum or bar there. If you still wanna try vampires tho, a quick and easy fix for break ins is just to lock all the doors, lol. Then they can't get inside, no shenanigans with garlic required ;-P You will still probably run into them out int he world tho, where they might feed on someone or burn up in the sun, so preserving realism is still at risk.

I think if you don't mind breaking the realism tho, Vampires is better for family play--building a vampire family can be quite fun, or if you don't want to do that, being friends or enemies with a vampire can add some spice to your family game. One of my second generation sims married a vampire and became one herself, and now I have a whole vampire dynasty going on which is quite fun. The spouse is a scientist too, so we've had some abductions and aliens thrown into the mix as well, so now it's a big crazy vampire alien clan!

This was my initial vampire couple with their first twin girls.
    N7PlHnh.png
    ...And this is what the household looks like now, lol (eldest daughters already moved out). xUZ2y2l.png

The immortality can be challenging for long term families, since you have to decide/figure out what to do with your older sims since them won't age and die--tho they can and do die in the sun fairly regularly. On the other hand, you can have plenty of time to settle down and start a family, so you can really wait and make sure you've found "the one."

Anyway, I'd say JA for more realism, Vampires for more family focused.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Vampires
    For me Vampires all the way. JA disappointed me because its main features in my view are done poorly and get repetitive pretty fast, while Vampires really amazes me so far (and I have more hours in than I ever had with JA).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2018
    Vampires
    It took a bit of consideration, but honestly, I'd go with Vampires in the end.

Though for me, Vampires never break into my house. They used to break in and actually feed, but then that turned into walking into my house and then immediately walking back out. Today, Vampires haven't even tried to enter my house anymore.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Vampires
    I have alot of fun with vampires. For me, they havent really broken into my sims' homes (so far), and just knocked politely at the door. Though Ive had my vampire sims do the breaking in. xD I do have JA, but really Ive just used the content for building new lots, so I really dont have a stronger opinion on it. If family play is your game, add some vampires to the mix! I myself dont have full vampire families, just a couple vampires born from extramarital affairs, but it really is alot of fun. Plus vampires are ridiculously fleshed out. Im glad I bought it.
  • Options
    kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    Vampires
    Thanks everyone! I decided i’m gonna get vampires. I’m gonna buy/download it later today, but thank you all for your opinions and views!
  • Options
    Taylor_MTaylor_M Posts: 30 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    I personally don't like the vampires an find them very annoying in-game, but everyone has their own opinion
  • Options
    Taylor_MTaylor_M Posts: 30 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    Jungle Adventures to me is much more realistic the vampires.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Jungle Adventures
    The gameplay with Jungle Adventure is nice and takes awhile to go through. I really like the buy/build items for Vampires but as for vamps themselves, I find them annoying and wish I didn't have any. I say go with JA.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    Vampires
    I'm also more of a family/realistic player but I actually really enjoyed playing Vampires as the game pack is so in-depth. If you want to stop vampires breaking into your house at night though, you can just lock the doors. I've owned the pack since it was released and I've only had two break-ins, both of which occurred in the same apartment. So for me break-ins haven't been much of a problem :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Vampires
    I had more fun (lasted longer) with vampires than I did with Jungle Adventures, but I'm glad I have both. Jungle Adventures has some really nice clothing options.