Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Ceremony Guests Dance

For the last two weddings that I have had in my game some sims, instead of watching the wedding ceremony seem to dance. Not sure if this is a bug or just my sims being weird. They start as soon as the wedding music plays and stop when it ends at the ceremony ending. Here is a video of my latest wedding and the guests dancing. https://youtu.be/MFRVYhOskjM
giphy_zpsafxyt9mr.gif

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Rach326 wrote: »
    For the last two weddings that I have had in my game some sims, instead of watching the wedding ceremony seem to dance. Not sure if this is a bug or just my sims being weird. They start as soon as the wedding music plays and stop when it ends at the ceremony ending. Here is a video of my latest wedding and the guests dancing. https://youtu.be/MFRVYhOskjM

Was this before or after any of the Seasons patches and/or after acquiring Seasons itself? Just before the patch I had me a wedding at the park in the city and most of the guests knew to sit down at the ceremony area while only a couple were just standing and dancing. It's a vast improvement for sure but not 100%.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i've had this in my game way before the three recent patches.
    i thought it was on purpose to keep all the guests in one place.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Rach326Rach326 Posts: 34 Member
    Yer I have had this issue before any patches or seasons.
    giphy_zpsafxyt9mr.gif
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've had this issue in my game prior to several of the latest patches and the installation of Seasons. In fact, I first noticed it in a game save I started in early January. It's really odd when the children do it and their legs stretch out like play-doh. Talk about nightmare fuel! :grimace:

The workaround I've found in the meantime is by placing benches or chairs in front of the wedding arch. All the guests to the wedding in your household will remain seated while watching the ceremony if directed to sit in one of the benches/chairs prior to having the couple get married. If your wedding party isn't very large, you could also add the guests not in your household to a group with one of your played sims and direct them to all sit down. (Note: I'm not entirely certain whether or not you can create groups during a social event, but if so, it's a way to get some of the unplayed guests under your control if need be.) If you can't do either of those things, then the only thing you can do is hope the "dancers" decide to stay relatively far away from the wedding arch so you can crop them out of your screenshots. :lol: