Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons: Really really dark?

I've been having a problem with Seasons. Before installing it, the grass and outdoors were super vibrant and green. Just really nice to look at. Now it's really dark outside, like it's always cloudy. Even when playing during summer, and it's supposed to be sunny. Anyone else having this issue? The grass also looks really ugly. It's a really dark green, almost brown. When my sims walk around in their hot weather clothing outside, it just looks weird cause it looks cold.

Comments

• Options
    SimssLoverrSimssLoverr Posts: 122 Member
    The shadows also aren't as prominent cause its so dark. My settings are on max.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    Did the forecast say cloudy or possible thunderstorm? Summer isn’t always going to be sunny, my game turned dark during summer as well but due to a thunder storm
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I get it too, it’s because of the clouds in the sky, I can still see the sunlight through the windows, but it’s more faint.
  • Options
    No, the forecast said sunny. I've played through the whole summer season now and it's been that way constantly. Really annoying :(
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I haven't had this issue. It probably depends on the climate of the world you're in? Plus every summer is probably going to be different!
  • Options
    I think it might be a glitch. Saw one of the gurus tweet about grass being too brown, not sure if that's it. I went to different worlds and it's all the same there
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    Can you try showing a screenshot?
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Yeah, it's been very cloudy and rainy in my game, and it's summer time. It's so dark it almost looks like it's night time all the time.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Yeah, alexandrea, same in mine.

I just tried making a new save game and the grass looks like it's greener there. it also looks prettier. It might be a glitch with one of my saves.. not sure if my eyes are deceiving me or not :/
  • Options
    I won't be able to add a screenshot cause it's not summer anymore in the glitchy save
  • Options
    I have a feeling maybe my summer had autumn grass
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    I've been having a problem with Seasons. Before installing it, the grass and outdoors were super vibrant and green. Just really nice to look at. Now it's really dark outside, like it's always cloudy. Even when playing during summer, and it's supposed to be sunny. Anyone else having this issue? The grass also looks really ugly. It's a really dark green, almost brown. When my sims walk around in their hot weather clothing outside, it just looks weird cause it looks cold.

I've noticed the darkness as well even at noon.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Mine does the same. My entire Fall/Summer was cloudy and gloomy during the day.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There is a bug with this, it’s known.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    The brightness wasn't too much of an issue for me when it wasn't raining but it literally rained every day (14 days) during spring for me. That might be in purpose though and might depend on the world (I played Brindletion Bay).
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Irdiwen: Good! Was afraid it was how it was going to be from now on.
    treece01: Yeah, it rains all the time for me as well. Can be a bit much after a while.
    And sorry everyone, I don't remember how to directly reply to people. Haven't been on this forum in a while..