Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you use a CAW tool?

There has been a lot of speculation about the possibility of a Create A World tool. If we were to actually get one, how would you use it? What kind of worlds would you create?

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I would build an old western world. I love the old west! :smile:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'd make a gorgeous seaside world,lots of beaches, boardwalks, islands, tropical palm trees. :love:
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited June 2018
    The worlds that I’ll be making is nine residential worlds (grass hills, desert, coastal, jungle, glacial, canyon, mountain, volcanic, and city bay) and four vacation worlds (islands, green hills, desert, and autumn hills)
    Post edited by 12JEREMIA on
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Honestly I wouldn’t create my own world at all, I’d just wait for other players to make theirs and upload it to the gallery.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2018
    For me I would make a mountain retreat type of world ok so we don’t have winter sports dosn’t mean I can’t have a Pist front bar dose it ?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd make a cold and dreary seaside town.
    I'd also make a world with rolling hills, and fields, and a little village.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I'd make some sort of industrial world. I like the ones we have but I don't find it realistic at all that there are so many trees and flowers everywhere so I guess I would do something with few plants (except in the richer neighborhood).
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I would create a farming world in case they never release a farming game pack.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Fantasy/dark ages worlds that look a lot less modern. (FH is a good example of the style) an alien world for all my aliens and probably then just general what ever struck my fancy for what ever story I was working on.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    I'd go for something apocalyptic. The apocalypse would be pretty cool as a Game Pack actually.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    How would CAW even work? I support it I just dont see how it could be implemented with this engine.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I won’t be using it at all. I’m not an artist and just creating a 2D map view that’s up to the standards of EA’s own maps would be too challenging for me.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    mika wrote: »
    How would CAW even work? I support it I just dont see how it could be implemented with this engine.

SimsVIP had an article on it by someone who had some pretty cool ideas for how to do it. I believe it was shared with the Gurus and they were interested in talking with the creator more about it: https://simsvip.com/2017/11/25/lets-build-world-new-fan-art-series/
  • Options
    aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    I don't think I'm talented enough to build a whole world lol- But I know I'd download some amazing ones! :)
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    Definitely a medieval world. A fairytale world that I would fill with fairytale characters. A victorian and a civil war era world. Just all the past eras, lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would build a City World located somewhere on the Northeast, New England part of America

In Neighborhood One
    a Town Square.
    Complete with City Hall, Cathedral, Armory(Police Station), Apartments/Penthouse,
    - Three Restaurants
    - Three Retail Stores
    - a "Mini" central park in the middle of it all, with a bay overlook

Neighborhood Two: Modern Homes District
    Stadium (Park)
    5 other residential Lots

Neighbor Hood Three: Suburban Homes District
    5 lots in a cul de sac

Neighbor Hood 4: Lake House District
    Two-Three lots along the lake
    2 Lots across the street from those houses.

Neighborhood 5: The Woods
    One is a larger than 64x64 Lot my cliffside mansion
    the other is a smaller out look on a hill that views the entire city to the south.

I'd also Build my farm world
    One Big Neighborhood, in about 5 large Lots.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    mika wrote: »

SimsVIP had an article on it by someone who had some pretty cool ideas for how to do it. I believe it was shared with the Gurus and they were interested in talking with the creator more about it: https://simsvip.com/2017/11/25/lets-build-world-new-fan-art-series/

@ThePinkBookGirl I think you mean this article: https://simsvip.com/2018/06/06/hazzaplumbob-creates-a-create-a-world-concept-for-the-sims-4/ :smile: