Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Height Sliders/Options

Would it be possible to at least have three different heights to choose from? (short, medium, tall) I wouldn't mind if we had three options instead of an actual slider. I know that there are height mods out there but there are always clipping issues. I wish this could be patched in the future.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong category...

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePhonePineapplePhone Posts: 21 Member
    I agree! It seems like they've only really changed height based on age, but it would be so nice to make shorter sims or taller sims. Imagine couples with height differences, having to go on their tip toes to kiss their partner, or the shorter one pulling the taller one into a dip!

How fun.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I am almost 100% sure this will not be patched in during the Sims 4's lifetime because of all of the work it would take to adjust animations for 2 extra adult heights. Perhaps it will be a feature of Sims 5. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Imagine couples with height differences, having to go on their tip toes to kiss their partner, or the shorter one pulling the taller one into a dip!

How fun.

I think this is another reason we won't see it in Sims4. For that one kiss there would have to be an animation for small/tall, small/medium, small/small, medium/tall, medium/medium, tall/tall.

And each other kind of kiss would need 6 animations. Or maybe only 4 if the same animation can be used for small/small, medium/medium and tall/tall.

Anyway that's a lot of different animations for just one action.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Nope. Cuz they would have to reanimate all the sims again and every single new animation they made for the packs.
    Either that, or you would have to deal with clippings.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Perhaps, the problem is that everything has a separate and distinct animation. It may be beneficial to try to make certain interactions more...automated. Let the computer handle the adjustments needed.

In the case of kissing, it would be cool if there was a way to program a "slot" onto each Sims' mouth. That way, when they are directed to kiss, the lips could be programmed to meet automatically, despite varying heights. Slot A could telegraph to Slot B it's location in 3 dimensions.

The "run up" for each interaction would be the same for all Sims. However, at a certain point, the computer would take over the calculations to align and to smoothly complete the movement. On the fly, Slot B would automatically make the adjustments necessary to "dock" with Slot A.

As it is, there is already a system that allows one Sim to know where another Sim is located and to track their movements. What I propose is taking that technique several steps further. It's possible that it could be adapted for all types of interactions -- playing the piano, reaching for a baby, washing dishes, etc. The Sim's rig would always sense the location of the Sim or object that it needs to interact with and it will adjust movements accordingly.

I supposed that the technique that I described is too advanced (or expensive) for now. However, perhaps it, or some other technique, would make it possible to have varying heights in a future game, without all of the redundant animations.

I have to wonder, though: how do the MMOs do it? Those games have avatars from a wide spectrum of shapes and sizes. Yet, they all seem to manage to interact with each other just fine.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to see this happen but seeing as teens could not even get their own height I doubt we will ever get a feature like this. I know everyone says they would have to reanimate everything but I just don't see it I use a height slider and pretty much the only thing that would have to have to have new animations created is hugging and kissing which is a decent amount of work but doable. I'd be happy with just one new height with the current height being short and a new tall height for just some variety.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    simmerlyrosesimmerlyrose Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2018
    There's actually a mod for this that I've seen on Youtube! I think it was just recently updated too. I'm not sure how well it works but it might be fun to look into. Link

But yeah, it would be a nice feature to have in the game already.

EDIT: I just saw that you mentioned the mods in the first post :D oops. well, if anyone wanted one!
    heart_tilt_bullet_by_kicked_in_teeth-dbwilsm.gif
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Well it's too bad i can't download mods oh well :/
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd love to see this happen but seeing as teens could not even get their own height I doubt we will ever get a feature like this. I know everyone says they would have to reanimate everything but I just don't see it I use a height slider and pretty much the only thing that would have to have to have new animations created is hugging and kissing which is a decent amount of work but doable. I'd be happy with just one new height with the current height being short and a new tall height for just some variety.

yes! i'd be happy with that as well. also, i've noticed that they reuse a ton of their animations. sadly i don't think it will happen...but i wish it would!