Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

downloading CC error

I saved everything onto a USB stick when my computer went in for repairs. I successfully reinstalled everything but the CC. When I tried to download the CC it said for a lot of content download failed please update Sims 3. But I have origin and the game is up to date. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused now. On your prior thread the other day, you were looking for the Super Patcher. If you have an up to date Origin game, you would be on Patch 1.69 and the Super Patch should never be applied as that's for 1.67 disc installs. Origin handles the patches ("game updates") itself.

And at what point are you getting this error? Sims3pack CC should just be placed into the Downloads folder in the TS3 user game folder in Documents, and the Launcher should read it from there if things are working properly. Package based content of course requires the Mods\Packages framework. Or did you really mean TS3 Store content and not CC?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
    I'm not sure how much failed. I instructed the launcher to install all that need downloading, when I came back a little while later dozens and dozens of things had failed. So it probable cc from places like TSR that were failing the most. As for the super patch I thought the problem was it was out of date but after some digging it seem it is up to date so sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    Hmm. Maybe I'm still not getting the full picture here of what you were trying to do. But I have never used the Launcher to install more than 7 or 8 items at a time, whether they be EA Store items or CC. I didn't even think it was capable of handling much more than that, let alone dozens. It's a royal pain to work with of course, always has been, but slow and steady seems to be a bit more reliable than expecting it to handle dozens or over a hundred item installs in one go.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
    The thing is I have done it before with no problems, this error is new. So it is capable
  • Options
    Sorry, but the advice I offer on this forum generally is based not merely on my own experiences with this strangely programmed game we love so much, but that of working with and advising hundreds, probably thousands, of players over the years here and at NRaas. You are of course free to disregard it based on your own experiences.

But the fact remains that not many players whom I have worked with are able to use the Launcher to install that many items all at once and be successful with it. The path of less resistance has always been to work with only a very small (certainly less than 10, often more like 6-8) items at a time when doing Launcher content installs.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!