Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where to find Sims 2 CC (Custom Content)

LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 2
Hey there! My name is Sam (though it's been Lufferkinz and then Lufferkinzify since Sims 3's release in 2009), and I'm an avid Sims lover like you, but I really love The Sims 2 - it's been my favorite Sims game since I was very young. Well after The Sims 3's release I haven't been able to play it until about 2 years ago when EA released Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin for free, and by that time the community was dying and a lot of custom content resources that I loved were dying away or hard to find. So I figured I would compile this list to help others find CC as The Sims 2 is basically unplayable for me without it!

For those new to Sims 2 custom content, here is a basic guide on how to mod your game. (I recommend using 7-Zip instead of WinRar as your extraction program, though. 7-Zip is free)
Be sure to use Clean Installer whenever installing sims or lots you know contain CC.

Also, since this is a T rated forum, all download links listed here are as well.

Now, onto the list!!

Sims 2 Graveyard
This site is a blessing! If you played The Sims 2 long ago and played with custom content, chances are your favorite creators and their sites have poofed off the face of the earth. This is where Sims 2 Graveyard comes in, people share the creations of "dead" creators and links and list them on this site for all to enjoy even though the original source is forever lost. So if you recall a past CC creator you loved, but their site is now gone, it's worth a shot since everything is categorized by creator!

ModTheSims is a big favorite of mine and are mostly good for game mods but some of their other downloads are pretty amazing too! The community is awesome as well making for tons of unique downloads.

Garden of Shadows is my FAVORITE place for alternative style (and other) beautiful CC. I've linked the main forum for Sims 2 downloads but they also have downloads for TS3&4. Like ModTheSims, it is community driven so you get a lot of unique download options.

Tumblr or Simblr blogs are amazing sources for CC. Some of my favorite creators include Lillith Sims, Azaya and Anitka Sims. There are also "CC finds" blogs such as TrappingCrushes (although no longer active), and Lana CC Finds. You can also get a lot of luck simply by searching on tumblr sims 2 cc or sims 2 clothing/hair/makeup/lots etc

Mouseyblue has a ton of high quality CAS/bodyshop downloads!

FemmeFatale is really good for "hipster" female adult clothing!

LianaSims2 has tons of fashion downloads. I am not of a fan of their clothing, they are too photoskinned or unrealistic looking for me, but their accessories and nails are gorgeous!

CoolSims has been around for soooo long and they're known for their hairs which are popular to recolor/texture. Some links are broken but their downloads are great!

XM Sims has tons of stuff. Especially fantasy stuff. It's on the older side so some of their stuff is outdated but some of it's worth a look.

ButterflySims is also popular for hairs and a lot of people like to retexture and color them. Keep in mind quite a few of their downloads are donation only but you can easily filter the hairs that are free on the left side (under Sims 2)

My Sims 2 Blog is an awesome Sims 2 CC lister!

Paranoid Illusions makes beautiful furnished homes

This list is constantly being updated so if you have any requests for a category or a website recommendation let me know and I'll add it to the list :)

Last but not least, if you are looking for something specific and Google yields no luck - try asking in the Sims 2 WCIF forum on ModtheSims. Annndddd I hope I helped someone!! :lol:
Post edited by Lufferkinzify on

Comments

• Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    I just want to mention, you don’t need an account on MTS to download :) An account was required years ago, but that changed at some point, no idea when.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    LufferkinzifyLufferkinzify Posts: 2,990 Member
    Voeille wrote: »
    I just want to mention, you don’t need an account on MTS to download :) An account was required years ago, but that changed at some point, no idea when.

Thank you so much! I've never used MTS logged out, so I wouldn't know :P Currently updating the main post!
  • Options
    cey5cey5 Posts: 79 Member
    https://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ is also good so you can default your clothes and stuff!
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    There is still a fair amount of Sims 2 stuff at TSR (The Sims Resource) as well. I don't play it anymore, so I don't really look too closely. I doubt that it gets new content, but the site has been around forever so there is a lot of content there. I won't use most of the tumblr sites because of adfly. No CC is worth installing malware to download, but to each their own. If they have a Dropbox account I'll use them, though.
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    Yeah, as much as I like Tumblr for other things, downloads is not one of them. Besides Mod the Sims, which is my go-to for downloads, lately I've been enjoying Liana Sims for clothing, and Parsimonious (which has several download categories).
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    A lot of people's Sims Tumblrs still link back to their old dreamwidth or Live Journal accounts, where it is easier to find their downloads.

The Big Trade Off, Garden of Shadows, and Totally Maxis are great places for high quality original meshes rather than photoskinned items, and for age conversions and conversions from later games backwards into Sims 2.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Thank you! makes me want to start up sims 2 again. I haven't played in almost a year! wow time flies. I actually love lianasims2, I've downloaded a ton of clothes from there.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Parsimonious is still with us? Yeowza! I think half of my Sims2CC is from them. Thanks much for this post and all the info/links!
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    Thank you so much for this OP
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    mcg3006mcg3006 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone remember a site with a lot of designer dresses? I remember they were ordered by who’d worn the dresses on the red carpet or which event they were worn onz but I can’t remember the name. Please help!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    mcg3006 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a site with a lot of designer dresses? I remember they were ordered by who’d worn the dresses on the red carpet or which event they were worn onz but I can’t remember the name. Please help!

You're probably looking for All About Style. Caveat downloader: not all the meshes have survived.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    http://cyjon.net/node/42
    This site had a lot of small useful mods

One of my favorite mods “more fun” stops sims from constantly quitting activities when they max their fun bar and they instead stop if you tell them to or if needs start getting low

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html

Another site that has mostly mods. Most downloads include a read me that tells you what the mod does

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,14444.0.html
    This topic includes a document you can download which explains each mod

http://affinitysims.com/files/#
    Another site that contains objects and more for your sims. Some objects are even animated and interactive.
    Rebecah has a lot of nice animated objects including farm animals, functional toddler and child pool, toddler beds, rideable bycicles and more.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240
    Medieval downloads for the sims 2. This link leads to the interactive objects like a reed crafting station and basket making.

http://modthesims.info/t/603534
    Several of this hatches mods stored here. One of them allows sims to by clothes for baby sims

https://moonlightdragon.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=64c486a5f15103bd997018090927cb7e
    You have to sign up but it includes things like custom baby clothes useable with the change baby clothes mod above and also custom baby hair with correct genetic colors and a bow for girls

Hope this helps

True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Believe it or not, Simfreaks 2 (www.simfreaks.com) is still around. There are also a number of Yahoo groups with Sims 2 content.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    All I need is a mods folder for TS2... I'm way too lazy to download it all myself, will anyone be helpful enough to upload it? :I
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @exyurock

I would never personally suggest getting a mods folder from someone else. Especially if you're wanting hacks. One should always know exactly what is in their game. Especially hacks so that you don't get two that conflict with each other

Plus, you get whatever their organization system is, which may not be intuitive to you. Or you may get no organization at all.