Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1050ti Graphics Card Help (newly installed)

SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
edited March 2018 in PC - Technical Discussions
Hey guys I just recently upgraded from a gtx 730 to a msi 1050ti gaming x 4g gpu. I installed it but it seems like there wasn't much of a difference if at all with my lag (I have 34 gb's of cc and mods installed). Do I need more ram (I currently have 8gb) or is my gpu not running up to speed? Whenever I check my GPU is always at 0-4% performance in the task manager. I want to run my game on ultra settings which I could before with slight lag now it's lag central. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    What is your processor? What is your power supply? Did you replace your power supply ? @chesterbigbird can help you
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 I have an amd fx-4300 cpu with a 600w eva white psu. Yes I replaced my power supply to the 600w from 500W to accommodate the gpu
  • Options
    @chesterbigbird Any idea why this is happening?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    From what I'm reading you maybe bottlenecking. That CPU may not be powerful enough for your video card. When chester comes on the forum she can help you since she builds
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited April 2018
    @chesterbigbird Any idea why this is happening?

Your Cpu is not the greatest, It could be preventing the graphics card from performing at it's full potential.
    Did you install the correct drivers from the Nvidia website?
    When you check the gpu usage is that with the game running? not paused?
    A better way of testing is using Hwmonitor
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    Because it will tell you the minimum and maximum usage and temperatures for each component.
    Download that program and install it, LEAVE IT OPEN while you are playing the game. Once you have been in gaming for a while go back and look at Hwmonitor and tell me the Max utilization readings for your graphics card and each core of your cpu.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    I have the same graphics card but with an i7 4790 and my game runs like a potato. I spent 600 bucks for a pc to play this game but I barely get a solid 30 fps on 768p. It jumps from 20fps to 70fps when the camera is still. Why is this happening?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    I have the same graphics card but with an i7 4790 and my game runs like a potato. I spent 600 bucks for a pc to play this game but I barely get a solid 30 fps on 768p. It jumps from 20fps to 70fps when the camera is still. Why is this happening?

Are you playing on a big lot? Sometimes this happens but it should not always be at 30fps.

Did you turn on Vsync in your game?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    Yes vsync is on. I play on average lots and it seems like when i move my camera my fps start to dip like crazy. I do have lots of mods but my pc should handle that i think. I've tried everything like dxtory for capping fps but it still dips. Why can't it stay consistent?
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Yes vsync is on. I play on average lots and it seems like when i move my camera my fps start to dip like crazy. I do have lots of mods but my pc should handle that i think. I've tried everything like dxtory for capping fps but it still dips. Why can't it stay consistent?

It's the game.
    No known way to make the fps consistent, it does fluctuate allot while moving the camera around. Even higher end cards have the same issue.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide