Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think I accidentally deleted my Sim...? TS2

Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
I was trying to do too many things at once and I think I accidentally deleted my sim by moving him into a dorm then changed my mind, moved him out and went to a different university because I remembered I was looking for another sim to move. I have no idea what happened, I can't find him anywhere and when I look into the Broke family tree he's still part of it, still alive. He's the youngest son Brandy had and I'd really hate to lose him forever seeing as she is now r.i.p. Is there a way to get him back? I may have also saved after this whole mess happened so I don't think backtracking into the save files will help...idk. Thanks! :(

Comments

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2018
    Are you sure he's not in the Families bin? If he's showing up in the family tree and you're not opposed to mods then you could probably try using Simlogical's teleporter shrub or cat or Christianlov's mirror to summon him to a lot. Maybe one of our resident TS2 experts will know for sure what the best course of action is :smile:
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    Maniac4u wrote: »
    I was trying to do too many things at once and I think I accidentally deleted my sim by moving him into a dorm then changed my mind, moved him out and went to a different university because I remembered I was looking for another sim to move. I have no idea what happened, I can't find him anywhere and when I look into the Broke family tree he's still part of it, still alive. He's the youngest son Brandy had and I'd really hate to lose him forever seeing as she is now r.i.p. Is there a way to get him back? I may have also saved after this whole mess happened so I don't think backtracking into the save files will help...idk. Thanks! :(

If you have cheats active there is a tomb stone that you can spawn. When you spawn this tomb stone it will allow you to add sims to the house hold. All you have to do is click on add to house hold (Or family) an look for your sim's name. Once you have chosen the name of your sim they should automatically spawn on your active lot and will automatically be added to the house hold.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    He's not in the family bin and nope, don't use mods. I will try everything you guys suggested, thank you much!
  • Options
    BMSO wrote: »

If you have cheats active there is a tomb stone that you can spawn. When you spawn this tomb stone it will allow you to add sims to the house hold. All you have to do is click on add to house hold (Or family) an look for your sim's name. Once you have chosen the name of your sim they should automatically spawn on your active lot and will automatically be added to the house hold.

I tried looking for the tombstone but the "tombstone L and D" (I think that's the name) wasn't really helpful. I'll look again.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited April 2018
    He's not in the family bin and nope, don't use mods. I will try everything you guys suggested, thank you much!

Go back to the University town you had him in and see if he is in the bin there, if he is then you should be able to move him back home. Just place him on a lot and move out. This should put him back in to the regular town bin and you should be able to combine him with the active house hold again.

I tried looking for the tombstone but the "tombstone L and D" (I think that's the name) wasn't really helpful. I'll look again.

Yes, that's the one.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Definitely safer to use the summon shrub for this. Do NOT use the tombstone of life and death for other stuff while you're there: not all options are safe.

A sim not in the family bin or in a lot is either in some sort of improperly-saved limbo (best case scenario) or they've been turned into a dormie, townie or NPC.

Do not add this sim back into the household unless you can interact with them - try a variety of things like talking, playing, etc. If the sim was turned into an NPC, you have a problem, but if they interact fine, you're good.

In the future, don't leave any neighborhood until whatever you were doing is complete, like re-saving a sim to the families bin, etc. It takes a bit, it's an old game. ;)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]