Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CASt is super slow

I'm trying to be a better decorator for my families new house and to me that means using CASt on EVERYTHING since I usually don't.
However it always is super slow. When I try and drag the colors on to objects it barely moves and often times if I release my click too soon I end up coloring the wall or floor because it never makes it to the object. It's that slow.
I guess the alternative would be to save each swatch instead of trying to drag the pannel to objects meant to be the same, but I feel that'd take just as long to do.
And that is just avoiding the issue of it being slow instead of fixing it.
My game works A-okay otherwise. Nothing else is slow except for CASt and only the buy/build CASt not the one in CAS. I don't have any custom patterns or anything I can think that would be slowing it down.

It's always been this way for as long as I can remember, which is why I very rarely use it. I almost always just go with object presets.
But I really want to fix it and stop it from being so slow.

Comments

• Options
    kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Mine does the same thing. I am assuming it is because of all my custom content.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Check your FPS. If my frame rate isn't capped then CASt in Build/Buy can be a nightmare. I cap my FPS via Nvidia Inspector and the TS3 profile change I make is reset each graphics driver update. I don't update my graphics drivers often and I never remember to check this after updating my graphics drivers. So, I end up with an excruciatingly slow CASt for a few games before I recall what the issue is. :s I think by default Win 10 will update graphics drivers itself. I had to change some Win 10 setting to stop that. But I still get caught by surprise from time to time (probably my own fault).
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @TreyNutz thanks, I never would have thought about that. How do I check that?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2018
    You can check FPS with the in-game cheat fps on. Small text will appear in the corner.

An integrated card is not likely to push out enough frames to be a concern. For dedicated cards, vertical sync can be turned on through the video cards control panel. The goal is to cap frame rate at your screens refresh rate. Double check what yours is....
    • Windows search Display Settings
    • Advanced Display Settings
    • Display adapter properties
    • Click the Monitor tab
    You should see your monitors refresh rate.

Instructions for Nvidia Control Panel already installed on your computer if you have a Nvidia graphics card.
    right-click desktop Nvidia Control Panel
    26767660101_141c4c169b_o.png
    This method requires fullscreen mode in order to work.

If you already tried control panel and it didn't work, try Nvidia Inspector.
    Download & Install Nvidia Inspector

Look for the small tool icon or green symbol next to Driver Version. Click to launch Nvidia Profile Inspector.
    32116585614_b1a35cf00a_o.png
    Select Profiles at the top and scroll through the long list to find Sims 3.
    32806054772_51f1b0bbec_o.png
    Under Sync and Refresh, select Vertical Sync > Force On
    (Not pictured, also listed under Sync and Refresh) Frame Rate Limiter > 60 fps *This number should reflect your own refresh rate.
    37397040374_1cb5f896b0_o.png
    Apply Changes top right corner.

For AMD, an AMD user may be able to help.

I know the issue you're talking about. I haven't experienced this in a very long time. I'm not sure if it has to do with hardware but it's possible that it's related. When I used to have this issue, I was playing on a low-end computer. It could also very well be FPS too high like Trey said. Dedicated graphics cards with enough power will push out extra frames beyond what your monitor can display. This causes problems and it is recommended to have v-sync on for those with dedicated cards when playing this game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @SimplyJen Well, I have an ASUS gaming laptop so I don't think it's low end. I got it specifically to play 3 as I no longer have a desktop. I've had it for about a year and everything else about 3 works perfectly except for build/buy CASt. It's like night and day from my old laptop(which was the laggiest thing known to man...I can play large worlds with this one!!)

I'm away for my birthday atm so it'll be a day or so before I can check my fps.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I think I know what you mean. If CASt is loading slow for me I assume it's because I have a lot of patterns. I can't suggest anything except to give it a bit of time. There's nothing worse than accidentally colouring the wrong object, having to wait for it to load and then waiting for it to undo.
  • Options
    coco wrote: »
    If CASt is loading slow for me I assume it's because I have a lot of patterns.

I don't though, I only have the ones the game comes with. I don't have any custom ones or any that I've made. So unless the game ones are too many that can't be it.