Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone is a mermaid!

Well not really. But it sure feels like it. Noticed a big increase in this in two brand new saved games. One which is in Bridgeport, the other Monte Vista. It seems every other townies are mermaids and I find out when I notice them passed out some where.

I use errortrap, overwatch and master controller. Can any of them help with the mermaid population or is there a mod that does?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You can remove occult states with MasterController (Cheats module required). I don't know how to cap the mermaid population. NRaas StoryProgression has a Town Occult Ratio setting under Options: Sims (going by the interactions page). Default is 50 for each occult. However I'm not sure what that controls. The interactions page suggests that setting only controls newborns and SP's generation of immigrants.

Aren't there TCE options on the...mailbox for occult populations? I never used that and don't know if mermaid population is included.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No, mermaids are not included unfortunately. I indeed remove each mermaid I come across using Mastercontroller. You find all the necessaire steps here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    NRaas SP has two occult functions relevant to this discussion. One is that under EA standard, sims pick up random occult states throughout play, for no real reason, in most if not all worlds. There is no way to control that. When running NRaas SP and having its progression in control, sims can only gain occult states for a good reason -- they are born (having inherited the state from their parents or possibly grandparents if so allowed through the mod's options), immigrated in, or spawn that way to begin with (as with homeless NPC Service and Role sims), or some event happened in-game to "turn" them.

The other is the Occult Ratio setting mentioned. That one caps the occult population in town by each occult state so that if the cap is reached or exceeded, there will be no further births or automatic SP immigration of resident sims with that state until some of those occult sims lose their occult state, move away out of the world, or die. But one also has to be running NRaas SP for progression, not EA's, for those caps to be in effect.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thank you everyone! As always you are all incredibly helpful.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    No, mermaids are not included unfortunately. I indeed remove each mermaid I come across using Mastercontroller. You find all the necessaire steps here.
    (lol, look at me going all French there :D , no idea why haha)

ETA: “...sims pick up random occult states throughout play, for no real reason, in most if not all worlds. There is no way to control that.” (Igazor) There is of course, with the toggle. Just not for mermaids for some inscrutable reason.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    ETA: “...sims pick up random occult states throughout play, for no real reason, in most if not all worlds. There is no way to control that.” (Igazor) There is of course, with the toggle. Just not for mermaids for some inscrutable reason.
    What exactly does the TCE toggle do for the other occults? It stops random occult state adding, does it stop births and immigration of such as well, does it turn the entire occult state "off" (probably not that one). What I meant was, there is no way I know of without NRaas SP to allow occults to reproduce and form freely but only in what we would call a logical manner or progression rather than a random one.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net