Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crush System, Please!

I have no idea if this has been implemented in previous games, since I've only ever played the Sims 4 (unless you wanna count Sims 3 for wii, which was very lackluster), but I've noticed something throughout my time playing The Sims 4. While it's really cool that we get all kinds of relationships in this game, the one I don't see is unrequited love/attraction; something that happens very often in real life. You know how it goes; girl likes boy, but the boy likes someone else, so the girl gets jealous and cries herself to sleep at night. Currently in this game, jealousy only occurs between sims who have some type of romantic relationship with each other, whether they be sweethearts, married, or enemies with benefits. But here's the thing; in real life, romantic jealously happens all the time with people who are just friends, or even if they barely know each other!
I want an interaction in the romance section, in which you can click on a sim, and, regardless of what the romance bar looks like, select,"Set as Crush".
This will of course make your sim fall for the other sim. And while they may technically be friends or even enemies, your sim will get a romantic moodlet whenever the selected sim is around. Sims will be even more embarrassed whenever they say something awkward or wet themselves in front of their crush. They will become jealous and sad whenever their crush flirts with another sim. You can click on your sim, and select the option to "Fantasize about (insert name here)". The more they fantasize and the more they interact with this sim, the bigger their crush will become.
You can choose to either "Confess Attraction", or keep this crush a secret. If the crush rejects this confession, then your sim will get a strong sad moodlet that lasts for 1 to 3 or 4 days depending on how big their crush is.
Your crush can also find out about your sims feelings! I'm thinking of two ways this can happen...
1.) If your sim has developed very strong feelings ; when they interact with their crush along with a combination of these few things, their secret may be figured out!
-The sim in question must be feeling romantic at the time.
-They must have one of the following traits; outgoing, insane, clumsy, romantic, or jealous
And also:
- If your sim has the "Unflirty" trait, then their crush won't be able to figure it out, even if your unflirty sims also have any of those other traits I just mentioned.
-However, your unflirty sim will still need to watch out if their crush has the "genius" trait! Genius sims can figure out if your sim has a crush on them, regardless of their traits, however they still must be in a romantic emotional state, and they still must have a big crush

2.) Your sim could have an interaction with friends or family members to "Talk about Crush". Choosing this interaction, of course, will let this sim know who your crush is. They can chose to keep your secret or tell... So, better chose your friends wisely! Older sims, like young adults or higher, are less likely to say anything... but watch out for teenagers cause they generally love juicy stuff like that.

I feel like a crush system is just perfect for adding more drama to the our sims' lives. I'm currently playing a household in which I imagine one of my sims having a secret crush on one of her female friends. It's kinda difficult, cause I don't really want them flirting with each other, but I'd still like to see my sim get jealous when her best friend brings another girl home or something like that. What do you guys think? Would you like to see something like this, or nay?

- Our sims should be able to have multiple crushes too, since that also happens in real life.
Let there be Fairies! o:)

Comments

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Add in turn ons and turn offs like we had back in TS2 and make sims harder to woo, and I reckon you're onto gold!
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I like this idea, I really enjoyed that system, it made it so much more fun, especially making sims to their preferences and releasing them into the world, TS2 is by far my favorite.
  • Options
    MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    I have been wanting this in TS4 since the beginning.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited March 2018
    I would like a crush system as well. Especially with it began around 10 having a huge crush on someone and it was obvious I was nervous telling kids my own age who I had a crush on. Got jealous when someone else did. It was crazy back in the day. Do Sims especially should like prank the ones they are jealous of or remember have that angry timer in the Sims 2? We should definitely have that back for this.
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    That'd be cool, there could be an 'Ask out' option, once you click on that it has different options such as 'Sing to them', 'give them a gift', or just simply 'ask them out'. :smiley: Nice idea!

Mills, out :wink:
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    This is a really good idea- especially because it happens in real life! I would love to see something like this in the game! <3
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I was just thinking the other day that crushes would be a fun and realistic 'chance' card for teens - they could follow up on it or not, depending on whether the player wants to encourage it. You could have mood swings connected to the crush - flirty for a new crush, sad if it's not working out, mortified if the crush isn't interested.

A teen pack might be in the offing, come to think of it - family players got laundry, adult Sims got Jungle Adventures, kids got My First Pet. Teens have been mostly the red-headed step child in S4. It would appeal to actual teen players, as well as to adults who like to play families.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    stelliestellie Posts: 30 Member
    @invisiblgirl Similar to the risky actions in the mobile game, perhaps? <3
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yup, you're totally right. Right now I sometimes try to use whims as a signal for imagining crushes-like, my sim will get a whim to flirt with someone, try it, it doesn't go over well, I guess it's an unrequited crush! But of course, the whim disappears, and any lingering effects are entirely in my imagination, lol. I would love some kind of system where requited love and crushes were a real thing that impacted the game.