Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Egypt ComputerRoom Woes

I see that a lot of people are having a problem with that particular adventure, but none are having the same problem I am, so I'm posting here.

I made it to the computer room. I put the package in the chest. I found the commander's computer. I've gone to hack it. And then ... nothing happens. I click on the computer again, my Sim twitches in the general direction of the desk and then stops, and the command clears from her queue. Again, same thing. It seems the game is canceling out the action as soon as I tell my Sim to do it. Is the fact that she isn't a "computer whiz" (which I thought you had to be to hack on a computer, but whatever) affecting her ability to finish this adventure? Is there a step I'm skipping? Or do I have a bug, and now have to spend the next two hours playing the "Which-Mod-Is-Screwing-Up-My-Game?" game?

Comments

• Options
    tonisimstartonisimstar Posts: 26 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey...all i no no is that you dont have to be a computer whiz to hack the commandors pc...cos i have done it plenty of times and not been a computer whiz.

So it prob is jus a glitch...sorry cant help any more!
  • Options
    WithacyWithacy Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2009
    Do you have to have at least basic logic skills?

I'm stuck on the next step - trying to find the Relic of Life in the Pyramid of the Sky. The clue makes it sound like it's in water, but I can't find it.

ETA: OK, found it. Never mind.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Withacy wrote:
    Do you have to have at least basic logic skills?

I don't know. My Sim only has a logic skill of 1, though. It seems like if it was that, though, she would actually sit down an begin hacking, only to fail.
    Hey...all i no no is that you dont have to be a computer whiz to hack the commandors pc...cos i have done it plenty of times and not been a computer whiz.

So it prob is jus a glitch...sorry cant help any more!

Hey, thanks anyway! At least your post bumped my thread up, right? Especially six hours after I posted, I'm sure it needed it! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    snotnosesnotnose Posts: 104 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Check all your Sims basic needs. If any are yellow or red, I've seen identical behavior on certain interactions. That is, they just auto cancel with no other obvious reason. Also, try manually walking your Sim next to the computer. Perhaps it is a path issue (that for some reason isn't trigger the typical path tantrum).
  • Options
    NukapeiNukapei Posts: 88 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Alright, people, I FOUND THE PROBLEM! It was a mod I had to make hacking more fun, part of a set to make a variety of activities more fun. Although, for some reason, the rest of the mods were compatible with WA and that one wasn't. Oh, well -- I don't ever do Sims with the "computer whiz" trait to be able to hack, anyway, so I just tossed it.

Thanks everyone, for your suggestions! :D