Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle adventure worth buying?

Please give me you feedback, what do you think about this game pack. I don't know what to do, part of me says for me to buy it, the other part says it's not worth the price, and maybe someday, because of the sensitivity of some simmers, developers could take away the deaths in this game pack, or change it in some way, like they did with vampires. Tell me what is your opinion after playing this GP.
Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd

Comments

• Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    You got to really do it on purpose if you die in this pack (like, refusing to use an antidote).

I think it's something fun to do once in a while, but it gets boring and repetitive pretty fast. I mean, it's probably worth $20 in the sense that it kept me busy much longer than going to see two movies at the theater for the same price... but not sure I'll go back there regularly, even if my Sims get the vacation days for it.

It's a good Simoleon maker I suppose, but I'm on my 15th generation or something and my Sims are so rich anyway, it doesn't matter to me LOL.
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    You got to really do it on purpose if you die in this pack (like, refusing to use an antidote).

I think it's something fun to do once in a while, but it gets boring and repetitive pretty fast. I mean, it's probably worth $20 in the sense that it kept me busy much longer than going to see two movies at the theater for the same price... but not sure I'll go back there regularly, even if my Sims get the vacation days for it.

It's a good Simoleon maker I suppose, but I'm on my 15th generation or something and my Sims are so rich anyway, it doesn't matter to me LOL.

Thank you fr your answer, the money maker is a good thing to me, because i can't play with the same family much time, i really like to start new families with little money, and see them evolve in career, or sell things they collect, or art work they do, so that part in this GP is a plus. :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I like it. It suits the way I play more. I enjoy the feel of the jungle just as much as I enjoy the peace of GF. I've only been to one temple so far but it was fun enough getting my sim through it.

I surely hope they don't change the way any of it functions.
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    The CAS and build/buy is the best of any of the gamepacks in my opinion. The world is totally gorgeous and I like how they did the jungle the way that they have designed it gives a real sense that your sims are exploring the jungle. It provided absorbing gameplay for the 6 or so visits I have made to the Jungle. I am not certain about the replay value, I will have to see about that. As it has been stated the visits to the Jungle can be quite lucrative and I can see many legacy challenges starting off with a visit to the jungle.

You can choose how much you engage the dangers in the pack. Want a full on Jungle Adventure? head to the first jungle gate (although things might go smoother if you pick up some supplies and the Selvedoradan culture skill in the marketplace first. Just want to relax in an exotic location? Sweet, hire a villa, chill out, maybe visit the cantina in the evening to soak up the local culture. Just want to enjoy all the Latin inspired content? This gamepack is packed with gorgeous stuff and nothing is going to bite you in neck if you just want to enjoy this pack's CAS and Build/buy assents.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2018
    It is a one and done pack for me. If I do it again, it will be because I make a sim who needs to go there for their storyline. It was the same one and done with the other vacation world though. The pack does offer more CAS and build/buy assests, which may be incorporated in some builds/sims, but none are extraordinary to me. Personally, I only bought it because my 7 and 5 year old daughters also play Sims 4 and thought it looked fun. I would not have bought it just for myself.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's very a well done pack, but you have to like the theme of adventuring itself to enjoy the pack.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    If you like adventures, you'll love it for that reason alone. Once you get the Archaeology skill up to Level 6 you can make an excavation site. This will allow you to get 5 or 6 items out of one site instead of 1 item. It comes very handy when you want to make your sim a self employed archaeologist without having to risk their life in the temple. I just took my Sim on a two-day vacation where all she did was excavate in the daytime and hang out in the cantina at night. She cleared about $5k once you subtract the cost of the two-day rental.

Yes, you can die by poison or fire in the temple. For poison, it has to go untreated for a few days which is silly. All you have to do is spend $1k on the computer for the antidote, or take bone dust to a vendor in the marketplace and they'll give you the antidote for about $40. For fire, death will happen if you don't have that red bottle (fire quencher?) in your inventory if the trigger you're trying to activate burns you. There is no way to cancel out the action if you don't have it. That's why I recommend saving your game before entering the temple at all times unless you want Grimmy to pay you a visit.

If you like Spanish/Latin American style and decor, you will really like the items in Build/Buy. In another thread, I created a small villa on the lot besides the Caliente household in Oasis Springs. I went with more modern tile flooring, but the old, cracked tile also has its charm. The CAS items are great if you like Latin American culture or want your Sim to look like she's about to go all Lara Croft.

For $19.99 I not only think it's a great pack but you may get more game play out of it compared to some of the EPs depending on your game play.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I really like this pack better than any of the other ones. The buy/build items are fabulous. I'm actually making a save where I'm clearing out Brindleton and making it jungle-esque. I'm enjoying the market place and the archeology things. The creepy crawlies get a little bothersome because it happens SO frequently, but as long as you have the right item it's not too bad. There are a lot of things the jungle area doesn't have. For example: Your Sim gets sick. You would normally buy medicine on a computer (won't be there unless you've brought one with you) or tea (again, no tea makers unless you bring it). You can make herbal remedies if you have the items in your inventory, and the wild buffalo tea at the bar 'might' have cured the illness. I love how pretty it is. If you own cats and dogs you'll also get strays.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    Thanks to all of you. I decided to buy this pack but can only play later. :)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    I chose this one over the parent pack but I am not overjoyed with the younger generations below teens. I just see them as a means to an end (populate and continue the family lines). So my choice over it don't really mean jack. But I can tell you that I am thorougly enjoying the jungle pack and I am now choosing and deciding which Sims in my rotations to take next.
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I love this pack. The adventures are fun. The blessings and curses bring a whole new aspect to the game. My sim was cursed (can't remember the name -- screaming something) and lost his voice -- couldn't talk to anyone. The curse said it was contagious too, so I didn't want to send him home without find a way to lift the curse. BTW, you can donate to the statue near the bar, food carts to lift the curse or apparently make you sim very happy (I've heard) to lift it. I was watching The Sim Supply play this and his sim was cursed with some kind of storm cloud that kept shocking his sim. It was too funny. Treasures can bring lots of money and higher skills make adventuring easier, though they aren't necessary. You're just more likely to get blessings and with high logic the choices on the traps are fewer. My sim now has level 8 logic (also gained with the traps) and usually only has one choice for each.

Oh, if you have Outdoor Retreat, you can use items for it even inside the temples. It makes it easier to sleep in a tent, though again it's not necessary. I had one of the skeletons go into the tent while my sim was sleeping!! (I always forget to take photos!!)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Thanks to all of you. I decided to buy this pack but can only play later. :)

Good choice! I love it, it's my favorite pack yet, for all the reasons everyone else stated.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    I liked best the new build/buy items. The adventure itself is fun too as a change of your normal play. But i dont like the idea that my sim could die permanently, so i skilled up first the recommended skills such as "fitness". And i will save often and also use need decay cheat. Hope this will avoid my death :)
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 173 Member
    I'm absolutely in love with Selvadorada!! The world is B E A U T I F U L! I love the athmosphere, the jungle noises, the nature...they did a great job with this world!

The Buy/Build items are one of my favourites, and the Create-a-Sim items are lovely to me.

The Temple is very mystic, everytime I go there, I get instantly goosebumbs! And sure, if you are careful, you don't die at all, and you can solve the temple-questions easy, but I'm a player who doesn't need the challenge. I just love to have Archelogists-Sims, who like to explore every inch of the amazing jungle and enjoy the wonderful nature.

So, I would recommend this pack for you! I was a little afraid, that my Sims would die. I'm a very careful player, and I can understand your fear. But really, if you are careful, and buy like everything from the sales tables (LOL) and don't activate these magic relics, your good to go!

Enjoy Selvadorada, my friend! :)
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    I actually like this one! Mostly for the build mode objects and the culture aspect of it. Theres even "secret recipes" you can make once you master the salvadoradian cooking skill. I like the atmosphere and the game play isnt bad.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    This is one of my favorite packs! I spend more time on vacation in the jungle than I do at home lol. My sim is an archaeologist and I love how it's set up where the items you find are random (improved by skill of course) so it hasn't gotten boring yet. Plus Selvadorada is absolutely gorgeous. And personally I don't mind the fact that sims can die. I mean, I know that sounds horrible. But I've always loved the realistic game play side of it, and to me the risks (like going into the jungle without supplies) wouldn't make any sense if there couldn't be a serious consequence, I'd just ignore it.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If you like vacations and a bit of exploring? Then yes, best GP for TS4 :) There's plenty of content, a lot of attention to detail, beautiful environments, the temples & hidden pools, locals, lots of jungle gear to buy, etc. etc.

I really really love JA. There's almost nothing to dislike about it, unless of course, you're not at all looking for a vacation theme (though if you're not looking for it because you didn't like OR, I'd say JA is miles better)!

FGZES8w.png
    86p3xGd.png
    vcb483e.png

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not sure if you've made your decision yet, OP considering it's been over a week now, but I thought I would throw my two cents in.

Two things you need to know before you listen to my response:
    1. My play style is very family oriented - I love building legacies and watching family trees grow.
    2. I was so generously gifted this pack, so I did not pay the full price for it.

Here are my thoughts:
    I love it!! Does it change the overall nature of the game? No. Does it add anything to family/generational play? No. But what it does do is give your sims something fun to do, and it actually is challenging. I created a thread detailing the first time I went into the jungle, and let's just say it did not end well. My sim actually died :lol: It wasn't part of a legacy or anything like that. She was just a one off sim that I had made to explore this pack. And the funny thing is, I didn't intend for her to die! She caught on fire, and by the time I realized that there was a pool, or she could just extinguish herself, it was too late! So if you know all the features of how to save a sim and are prepared, you will be fine. But I actually found it super enjoyable without knowing how to solve everything. It made it that much more risky.

Now, here is the thing. As I said, I am a family/generational player, so I will admit that the usefulness of this pack isn't that high for me. I absolutely enjoyed it the first time I went, but unless I am playing a story where I want a sim in a particular generation to become an archaeologist, which I may, then I'm not sure how much use I will get out of this pack once I explore all of it. So for me, the replayability isn't quite there. But what is there is a lot of fun. Now, I know the gurus addressed the replayability issue by making sure that you don't have the same experience every time you enter the jungle, and I tip my hat to how they approached that issue, but the fact is that packs like this I won't use all the time.

So overall, do I think it's worth it? I really think it depends on your playstyle. It doesn't really suit mine, but I'm still having a lot of fun playing around with it! So it is definitely an amazing pack, but whether you think it's worth it is up to you.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Even though I want this I'm waiting for a sale. I always jump the gun and buy full price. I'm going to be good. Besides, I'm enjoying Cats and Dogs at the moment. The Latino music sounds good in this new game pack.
    HSau :)