Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some must have location / business lot ideas?

Hi Everyone I've been adding businesses and locations to my game like bars, nightclubs, restaurants etc but what are some of your favorite locations (custom ones as well) that you have added to your game to make the game more fun?. Open to all kinds of ideas/suggestions

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well seeing how make shift lots have more functionality now then they did in the beginning, I've been building a lot of them. Shinya, to put it lightly, is very socially active and he likes to actually go out and do things with his partners. Even if it just a short lived fling or a one nighter. So I have lots that he can go hang out with his friends, places to take his dates to and weekend getaways.

I'm working a new restaurant that will function as bed and breakfast for a romantic get way. Also working on an aquarium, botanical garden, community garden and toying with the idea of a poker hall. I'm also working a super market that will sell all of the foods that is currently in the game.

I have a spa that is a hotel and restaurant all in one for relaxation getaways. I have a few different type of restaurants. A Pizza place that only serves pizza and few other things. A burger joint that has a playground. Ice cream parlor. A very high class five star restaurant that also serves as hotel and wedding venue. A library that is built to look like a university that only has musical objects and skill books. A laundromat that is also a library and the bookcases only have skills books in them. A cafe that is also an arcade and the barista area looks very close to the where you would go that cash in tickets for prizes. A basketball court and movie theater. As well as a cafe that is bowling ally. Some of these I have created multiple clubs for my townies so the background will appear they have more functionality than they really do. At one point in time I built a subway under the park in Willow Creek but that was only when there was just the base game. It might look more like a subway now that it is 3 1/3 years later and various packs to use...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I do a lot of story telling in my game, so recently I got for roleplay purposes: a motel, a hospital, a cinema [it can also be functional with a mod I have], a homeless camp [where all my homeless sims live]
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I downloaded an observatory that had a kitchen, computers, a garden, rockets, telescopes simply so I could set it as a hangout for multiple clubs that do different skills.
  • Options
    CenthaCentha Posts: 46 Member
    You could build a bakery (that is, if you have dine out or city living), it's very fun! I almost always make my sims run a bakery because it's just a fun thing to do, but it's still nice to have one to send your sims to for breakfast or something.
  • Options
    StefSimStefSim Posts: 37 Member
    great ideas thank you everyone
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have workplaces for my sims (for screenies/storytelling). I have about 4 Lots which are split between every single career (more than one career on some lots).

For instance, I have a multi-floor office type block, which has a cooking/dining school on the ground floor, art studio for painters on the next floor, tech guru/spy office on the next floor and a standard business office on the top floor.

Eg. this is my tech guru guy at work with his colleagues from the same career (using the club member aspect for a gathering):
    013.png?dl=0

The building:
    017.png?dl=0
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I had a bakery/coffee shop styled after Central Perk in the Friends series, and next door to it was a bookstore. On the second floor was a small apartment with one bedroom over the bookstore, and a gym over the coffee shop. On the third floor was a ballroom with a large dance floor, bar, bathrooms, a buffet table/punch fountain, etc, and a dance studio. It ran best as a Retail Shop, and if you owned it, you could stay in the apartment. You could hire a barista for the coffee bar, whether you owned it or were just visiting, as well as a bartender for the juice bar upstairs.

I also made it a Club Hangout for a couple Clubs. One was an athletic club, and they would use the gym equipment, and the other was a drinking and dancing club for the Ballroom. The place could really get pretty busy. I had planned to use it as a venue for my Community Organizer Sim to have a Charity Ball fundraiser, basically just to dance and hit attendees up for donations. I had it in the Spice District. It was either on the Old Salt House lot or the karaoke bar, whichever is bigger. But atypically, I hadn't yet saved it to my Library. It was in a Save that I lost when the new save game process was changed. Something went wrong with that Save, and I don't have it anymore. I do plan to rebuild it, tho. Sounds like a good project for a snowy weekend.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I have cafes, a cinema, a tatto parlour (that of course doesn't work but it's for storytelling purposes), a bowling place that it's also a bar, an art gallery where one of my sims sells her art, a restaurant that only serves breakfast food and I'm planing to build an hotel now!
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    I usually try to make some sort of lounge/bar with a second floor for dancing on for those sims who want to shake it.

I have at one point built my own small, but functional Vet place that had a chef that cooked meals for the good cats and dogs. (I lost it when I switched pcs sadly.)
  • Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    Yesterday I built a really beautiful wedding location, since I didn't like any of the premade ones.
    I am more into the boho/ vintage/ rustic weddings so I wanted my Sims to have the same experience. Now they all can have the perfect wedding at the perfect wedding venue!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well. I have several lots for story purposes in New Crest. A community pool, a brunch restaurant that is very popular for my Sims' friends to invite to, Maxis' Chez Llama restaurant (for more fancy dates) that is NOT so popular, a church (nightclub because it doesn't work as a generic lot) for wedding venues, a cityhall for same purposes, a spa and a community center. I also have at least two retail lots (a market place in New Crest and a mall in the Magnolia hood).

For the other neighbourhoods, I'll do some changes as well. I want to put a restaurant in Windenburg, for instance and I also have some other ideas I am not sure about. The Pets world is too new to me to do anything, atm.

In Willow Creek I want to do some changes. Ages ago, I replaced the original Gym there with another, Maxis made one that has a yoga studio and a sauna facilities. Really love that gym so he will stay. The rest of the community lots, I am going to do some changes and even replace. Just haven't decided on what, except I've decided on a graveyard for my dead. I am also toying with the idea of changing either the museum or the library into an bookstore/internet café. Keep the buildings as is and just change the interior and designation.

Same with Oasis. Both the lounge and the snake bar will stay. I really like that bar and it was one of my favorite places (when I only had the basegame) to go on a date or just meet others and the old people (adults and elders) need a place for themselves right? :wink: The gym was scrapped with a bowling alley, and the park will go bye bye and replaced with a big science museum dedicated to, yes, science. It will have ALL the skill building items dedicated to logic and sciency-stuff. Its also a museum showcasing all the crystals, fossils and rocks, etc.

I am also going to plomp down either a restaurant, like a diner, or a café in Oasis.

I am also toying with the idea of putting somewhere a café/faux bakery. I've saved two very creativly created bakeries from the Gallery that could fit that purpose.

The Community center in Newcrest is designated as an arts center and there I have a lot of skill building items for all ages, game tables, game consoles from the kids pack for the kids, a bar (which does work), a café (I have to hire server into), those smoking things, a pool, computers, an area for toddlers/kids, a basketball court and an balcony area with several yoga mats. I've brought my Sims there a few times and its working like a charm. One of my favorite hangouts for my Sims and I even put one of my own created clubs there and planning on putting more there as well. Maybe even moving one of the Maxis created ones.

Newcrest also has a downloaded bustop/park where I created a little underground nightclub (beneath) with a DJ booth and gave it a teen trait. I am going to change it into a karioke bar instead and chuck the DJ booth for the kareoke machine because my Teens can't DJ :lol: It's supposed to be a 'secret' hangout for the two teen clubs I'm going to create.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2018
    I used this location in Windenburg to build a cybercafe.
    It's a companion lot for the San Myshuno GeekCon festival.
    I put it in San Myshuno next to the GeekCon site, but all it did was pull sims away from GeekCon. So it stays in Windenburg now.
    09-24-16_6-24-39nbspPM.png

It's filled with nerdy toys, computers, arcade games, and Void critter terminals.
    Child sims and teen sims hang out here for games and Cosplaying.
    09-24-16_7-01-20nbspPM.png

09-26-16_2-27-00nbspAM.png

09-26-16_8-22-08nbspAM.png

10-03-16_3-55-55nbspPM.png

10-03-16_3-54-11nbspPM.png

09-26-16_8-34-52nbspAM.png

10-03-16_4-06-50nbspPM.png

10-01-16_2-59-55nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds