The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Noisy Neighbors

SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
Has anyone figured out how to ask their neighbors to be quiet? I haven't found any option to bang on the wall or anything, and clicking on their door doesn't seem to help, either.

I need to find this interaction in real life, too...

Update: Nevermind. I was blaming the wrong neighbor.
Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SimmerMoon wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to ask their neighbors to be quiet? I haven't found any option to bang on the wall or anything, and clicking on their door doesn't seem to help, either.

I need to find this interaction in real life, too...

Update: Nevermind. I was blaming the wrong neighbor.

LOL! Your sim is going to be real popular now.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    My noisy neighbour said I have a boring life and proceeded to dance in the common area right in front of my Sim after she complained about the loud music. You can bet I left a passive-aggressive notice on the board for her to see in the morning!!! LOL.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My noisy neighbour said I have a boring life and proceeded to dance in the common area right in front of my Sim after she complained about the loud music. You can bet I left a passive-aggressive notice on the board for her to see in the morning!!! LOL.
    Haha thats what my sims neighbor said to.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    Haha thats what my sims neighbor said to.

That's funny! This neighbor was a friend of ours, so they apologized and agreed to keep it down.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    My simself has a noisy neighbor.the first time my husband went and talked to the neighbor who said we have a boring life and they live here too.the next time ,I went to talk to them.and the neighbor said the same thing.so I insulted him.then beat his butt in a fight .

Ever since,I have been kicking his Burt daily till he learns to not be noisy ...it's working ! >:)
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    A'ishahA'ishah Posts: 40 Member
    My neighbors are always woohooing loudly..
  • Options
    notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    My sims have this issue with their neighbors, the Bheeda's, who happen to be their best friends! They are loud every single night. It's awful!

My sims have a toddler and a puppy, both work full time AND are about to open a business so staying on a sleep schedule is important for them lol

It is just part of the bedtime routine to send my man's simself over to bang on the door! Lol
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Some of my neighbors have noisy woohoo but I sometimes notice no dates enter or leave, lol. Eek. Miko(?) came out in a towel and told my Sim she should go hang out at the lounge (because she *has no life*).

I was like, SNAP, that's sooooome shade, girl!!! Hahaha.

I appreciate the little in-joke there: elders, and the uncool, at the lounge, haha.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    KissarahKissarah Posts: 46 Member
    The noisy neighbor thing definitely gets excessive. I made a pretty single mom sim to move in next door to my lovely musician lady, and before I could get them all flirty with each other they wound up DESPISING each other from making so much noise every single night.
  • Options
    MalagaAdaMalagaAda Posts: 1 New Member
    the house is on the cheaper side of the city and it happens every day, that they either put on loud music or woohoo, anyway, I decided to fight fire with fire and put some music on, while their's was on.... I couldn't believe it when the neighbour knocked on the door!!! Sure enough, the music was turned off like few seconds after he knocked, but I'm not sure if it was because of my music, or that the time had passed and they would turn it off anyway
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    use a simray to freeze them! that should teach them. but yeah, the noisy neighbors stuff can get just a wee bit frustrating, esp when you're on good terms with the other sims. and esp when they decide they can be as noisy as they want all the time while your own household can't
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    There is a very easy solution to this, and it's to simply leave the neighborhood and visit any other lot outside it, then plop right back home after you just got there. Neighbors won't be noisy when you head back and you can then sleep soundly (unless the moodlet still won't allow you to sleep).
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    use a simray to freeze them! that should teach them. but yeah, the noisy neighbors stuff can get just a wee bit frustrating, esp when you're on good terms with the other sims. and esp when they decide they can be as noisy as they want all the time while your own household can't

Case in point - Raj and Geeta Rasoya ! ALWAYS NOISY! In one of my most recent games, my Sim (Shayna Felix - former NPC) just got home and got a book off the shelf. She sat down, and just started reading, when Geeta came pounding on the door, yelling at her to keep it down! Is Shayna turning the pages too loudly? Anyway, I went out and used the Freeze-Ray on her, then went back in to continue my book.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I've completely given up on having neighbors. My sims literally can't do anything between 10pm to 7am because apparently everything they do
    upsets the neighbors. Yet EVERY night the neighbors are doing something that keeps my sim awake. Good relationships help a little but it's really hard to build that up when every night they yell at each other because of noise complaints. There is no preventive options either. No lot trait, no aspiration rewards, volume control, quiet options, or trait features. The night light that stops the monster from coming under the bed in the kids stuff pack is a perfect solution for that similar repetitive issue. Some kind of noise canceling wall item or item upgrade or something to stop it would be great.

This was driving me bonkers so now I move everyone in the building out. No more neighbors. Easy work around, of course apartments now feel less lively but at least my sims get to sleep through the night and sing in the shower while getting ready for work in the morning.
  • Options
    Apparently running on the treadmill is considered loud enough; ironic that I was actually running on it with a Sim who lived in the Feng's old appt bc the neighbors woke me up with their arguing, and then had the audacity to stop their arguing and pound on my door to keep it down!
  • Options
    seriously, @paradiseplanet, simray and freeze. it's all that's needed. or, if you're a vampire, drain 'em and leave 'em snoring in the hallway

also, for @trufan1 there *is* a lot trait for it...but it's locked to exactly one apartment. i believe it's just called 'quiet'. if you save that apartment as a room and load it into your other apartments, the lot trait should transfer with it (just be aware that you'll have to fix whatever it replaced back to however you want(ed) it)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    kalaksed wrote: »
    seriously, @paradiseplanet, simray and freeze. it's all that's needed. or, if you're a vampire, drain 'em and leave 'em snoring in the hallway

also, for @trufan1 there *is* a lot trait for it...but it's locked to exactly one apartment. i believe it's just called 'quiet'. if you save that apartment as a room and load it into your other apartments, the lot trait should transfer with it (just be aware that you'll have to fix whatever it replaced back to however you want(ed) it)

Actually, that lot trait only works one way, as I learned the hard way. You won't hear any noise from your neighbors for sure, but they can still hear you. That means if you play the appt that neighbors the one with Quiet, you'll still hear them. I had some very interesting moments with both households in that apartment, since I created and control both of them.
  • Options
    that's good to know. i haven't actually placed anyone in that lot. was plotting on a vampiric scholar but decided that was too expected, so am holding out for a werewolf scholar to put there!

and i've considered doing the room thing to work the trait into other apartments, but already have all the others how i want them and don't wanna go fiddling with them again
  • Options
    chocbookchocbook Posts: 25 Member
    My sim lives in an apartment with wife AND toddler, and dear god the neighbours were so annoying!! Every night my toddler would wake up (and she got hardly any sleep as it is), so id have to get one of the wives to pound on the door. This left three angry, sleep-deprived sims wandering around the apartment. I think I'm going to have to move them out but I'm not sure where lol
  • Options
    AphrodidyAphrodidy Posts: 18 Member
    Mine had the option to pound on the door, which brought them out for me to scold them. I eventually just switched my sim to a midnight person and became the noisy neighbor! If you can't beat 'em....
  • Options
    neoncookieneoncookie Posts: 1 New Member
    > @BrokenChaos69 said:
    > My noisy neighbour said I have a boring life and proceeded to dance in the common area right in front of my Sim after she complained about the loud music. You can bet I left a passive-aggressive notice on the board for her to see in the morning!!! LOL.

My noisy neighbor said that too after I sent my sims' child over to ask them to be quiet. idk what kind of person tells a 10 year old to go to a bar lol
  • Options
    WindsjornWindsjorn Posts: 1 New Member
    > @paradiseplanet said:
    > There is a very easy solution to this, and it's to simply leave the neighborhood and visit any other lot outside it, then plop right back home after you just got there. Neighbors won't be noisy when you head back and you can then sleep soundly (unless the moodlet still won't allow you to sleep).

I can confirm this works. Saves time.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Lily Feng is the freaking worst, my kid leaves the house to go to school in the morning, not one second after the kid is gone, she's at my sims door pounding saying that my sim needs to control his "unruely" child -_- . Take a chill pill Lily, my child just left to go to school, you wackjob.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 974 Member
    With the lot trait Quiet, you don't hear your neighbors while you are playing the lot. For some reason, the sims living in an apartment with the Quiet trait still knock on the door and scold their neighbors for making noice.

Not that I care much. I added beds or tents to some community lots including karaoke bars. When sims can't sleep due to noisy neighbors, they go there. For some reason they often sleep fine in beds located above karaoke bars. :)
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 896 Member
    I have a teen living in an apartment, and had loud neighbors.
    I had given her two dogs, and the dogs had puppies, and the noise was scaring the puppies.
    However, that was during the time game crashes kept happening, so the neighbor would apologize, or tell her to get over it. When the game stopped crashing, I got the get over response.
    However, my teen has five dogs, that like to be loud at times, so it bit of karma came back for that neighbor.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top