Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Urban Jungle - Sims 4 Casting Call Sim Actors and Buildings! *CLOSED*

Hey y'all, I am writing sims 4 story and I am seeking individual Sims and family households to take part in my story, The Urban Jungle
Story Background

This is just a general background as this is going to be a living story, meaning that I will be randomizing how some of the events fold out and while I do have a general idea of how the story is gonna go, I want it to be as spontaneous as possible.

Kenneth Angle's mother just passed away and now Kenneth (often referred to as Kenny) is left to fend for himself in the Urban Jungle of San Myshuno. The Urban Jungle follows Kenny Angle who is thrown into the trials and tribulations of adulthood. With his mother deceased now, he is left only with a little bit of money, the decrepit apartment his mother had owned in the slums of San Myshuno, and no other family to help him get through this difficult time. We will see how Kenny handles the trials life throws at him and follow the lives of those that are close to him.

Casting Calls

I am currently looking for the following;
- 4-8 various young adult male sims
- 4-8 various young adult female sims
- Various households of random sim house holds (I am planning to repopulate the worlds so these are a tertiary role where they are kind of just there, no background information is required but is more than welcome :smile: )
- At least one household with a background story. The only conditions for this one is that their be at least one parent (must be an adult) and child (any age) in the household, but feel free to go above and beyond the requirement :blush: .

Requirements and considerations
- I do not require all entries to have a background story, however those that do have one will more likely get a more prominent role in the story.
- Aside from the specifications I listed above (age requirements, and household minimum requirements) be as creative as you want! I want to have a diverse cast of sims within this story.
- There are no limits to the number of submissions allowed, however depending on the number of submissions I may limit to the number of primary roles available to each person in order to keep things fair and give others the opportunity to have their sims shine in the spotlight. If more than one submission is entered the extra household will more likely be played in a secondary or tertiary role.
- I don't plan for this to be a supernatural story, but depending on the backstory it can always be incorporated.
- Pets are welcomed but not required.
- I do reserve the right to make changes to hair color/style, age, and clothing as required as the story progresses. I will not make any changes to the backstory of a sim or household without consulting the author first and asking for permission.
- I have all the EPs, GPs, and SPs except for Jungle Adventure.
- No custom content please.

How to submit

I would greatly appreciate sims/households that have a backstory be posted in this thread with a picture. To publish the sims to the gallery just publish it to the gallery with #UrbanJungle.

Sims with no backstory are also recommended to post here with pictures of the sim but are not required to, these individuals may simply publish to the gallery with #UrbanJungle.

I thank all of you in advance for your submissions as they will help develop my story! The casting call will remain open from today 3/1/18 - 3/9/18 at 11:59pm CDT. Any questions may be posted here or pm'd to me directly.
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
Post edited by lonestarranger01 on

Comments

• Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hmm, I have a few Sims that might fit your story since I played them in an urban setting... but they're not the most pleasant of Sims lol. One of them is Shiva Rao, who is one of my main Sims and therefore has built up quite some skills and all that... the version of him that's currently uploaded to the gallery, however, doesn't have these skills nor does it have the extra traits and aspiration rewards - so if you are interested, I'll upload an updated version. OK, English is not my first language so bear with me here lol. Shiva was born to Neha and Vihaan Rao, who had several miscarriages before his birth. They were, therefore, more than happy with him. He grew up an only child, as his parents never managed to conceive another time, and was very much treated like a Golden Boy; in his parents' eyes, there was nothing he could do wrong. In reality, though, he wasn't nearly as perfect as his parents treated him to be. He's been troublesome ever since he was a child, and this troublesomeness only grew as he got older. When Shiva was 13 years old, his grandparents died under suspicious circumstances in a fire at Shiva's parents house while they were babysitting him, but Shiva miraculously survived. Strangely, though, he never seemed to be too affected by the tragedy that befell his grandparents while he was there too...
    His parents lost much of their wealth after their house burnt to the ground, and they've been struggling to provide for Shiva since. Shiva never really cared to contribute to his parents in any way and as soon as he was old enough, he moved out to live in an apartment of his own. Shiva grew up in the city and is very much a city boy, which is reflected in his basketball skill and his Spice Hound and Chopstick Savvy traits.
    5hEhHZT.png
    TPjVb8Y.png

Because his parents never told him no, the word is all but unknown to him and he very much acts like this; he is self-assured to the point of arrogant, and feels like everything in the world can be his to take. His silver tongue allows him to be cunning and manipulative. He's also very much a womanizer, and finds it hard to stay faithful in relationships. He's also very, very mischievous.
    Traits: Evil, Perfectionist, Playful, Dastardly, Tormentor, Long-Lived, Mastermind, Shrewd (I think, not entirely sure if I completed that aspiration with him), Spice Hound, Chopstick Savvy, Gym Rat.
    Career: Is currently at Level 9 of the Boss branch of the Criminal career.

If you're interested in having a bit of an antagonistic character in your game, he might just be your dude. I'd fully understand it if you prefer not to go with him, though, because he is, well, evil lol. Because I played him for quite a while, he'll have some maxed out skills (Fitness, Charisma, Mischief) and other high ones (Guitar), as well as several completed aspirations. He is actually currently married and with a toddler in my game, so if you want a bit of a toned down, less evil version of him, I could also just upload the entire household. Despite his womanizing tendencies he absolutely loves his wife, Guthrie, who is a born in-game Sim of mine with a whole backstory of her own - she's Jesminder Bheeda's daughter with another Sim of mine. They have a toddler girl named Java together. But all that's entirely optional. His name is Hindu. Rao means king, and Shiva is also the name of a Hindu god and "destroyer of all evil." So the fact that Shiva is actually evil is pretty ironic, hehe. He is very good at pretending to be the good guy because of his maxed Charisma, though, and is therefore generally well-liked in town. In my game, he was a pretty evil character. He recently acquired a cowplant and has been using it for its life essence milk in an attempt to slow down his aging process... he's been a YA for a very, very long time. So... yeah, he's actually offed some townies in my game lol. He also used to have this enemy because his ex-wife cheated on him with the dude, and he's been trying to off that townie for ages. Tried to anger him to death to no avail, tried to voodoo him to death by making him Hysterical to no avail, and then finally tried to poison him through poorly made Pufferfish Nigiri... even risking his own life by eating the dish with him... to no avail. I loved playing this dude, as it allowed me to unleash the more evil Simmer in me hehe. >:)

Oh, Shiva does have a dog! His name is Rocco, and he is Loyal, Aggressive, and a Hunter. He often goes around attacking random city-goers lol. But he's also a total sweetheart! After the birth of Java, rather than in his dog bed this is where he slept every night:
    a999Mpo.png
    And here's a pic of Rocco with an aged-up Java:
    PQ4cAAA.png
    Shiva and his long-term girlfriend turned wife:
    OgXkePI.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    RockWarriorGamesRockWarriorGames Posts: 19 Member
    Goog Sim Firande! I would like a photo of Rocco!!! :)
  • Options
    lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    @Firande he actually sounds like a perfect antagonist that I need! I can tell from his backstory that him and the main protaganist Kenneth are gonna have some beef with one another! I would be honored to have Shiva Rao casted in my story! I wouldn't change his back story much, but if I have your permission I'd like to make it so that Shiva and Kenny have been rivals since they were kids (if thats not ok with you it is completely fine and can develop the rivalry via the story.

You can upload whatever version of Shiva you'd like as the in-game skills aren't going to be to dependent on the story, but if you want to submit your updated version of Shiva go ahead and upload it to the gallery with #UrbanJungle! I greatly appreciate the contribution :smile:
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @thesirenseye That's awesome! So glad you like him, and so excited for your story!
    That's absolutely no problem if you add that to his backstory. In fact, I love it!
    I think I currently have both the initial, unupdated version of Shiva up on the gallery and the updated version... however, the updated version comes with the whole family. My Gallery ID is Fierande, so you can already download him if you like... (if you want the updated version you can delete the wife and kid, as it's not a baby so entirely deletable in CAS lol). But I'll make sure to upload Shiva on his own under your hashtag too. It's just I can't go into the game right now, so that'd be a while before I can.

@RockWarriorGames I added a photo of him in the Spoiler way down hehe. I forgot to add that he's a Rottweiler, and I don't think I changed everything about him - so he's just a Rottweiler. Here's one picture of Shiva and Rocco:
    j3lyVBo.png
    Shiva and Rocco are companions and Rocco is pretty much his everything. Rocco will also attack others on Shiva's command, which has happened before lol.
    fcyZ7gu.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    @Firande Awesome! Thank you so much! He will definitely get a major role in my story :smile:
  • Options
    Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have a sim I've been playing if you want him? He is kind of a nerd but I think he is adorable. My gallery ID is Brei714. And here he is. He is listed under modded content, but all I used was some default eyes that I keep in my game.

Meet Isaac Webster
    Current Aspiration: Soulmate
    Completed Aspirations: Computer Wiz, Fabulously Wealthy
    Traits: Loner, Geek, Genius, Webmaster, Shrewd, Quick Learner, Connections
    Career: Level 8 of the Tech Guru Career (Gamer Branch)

Issac.jpg

After he moved out of his impoverished parents basement at age nineteen no one thought the anti social Isaac Webster would amount to much. He proved them wrong. The bullies and jocks from his former school are quite shocked at how wealthy the geek they used to torment has become over time. He excelled in his career, rapidly rising and becoming one of the most renown Pro Gamers ever known. He has money and intelligence, working both at his career and making his own video games on the side. However all the money in the world won't buy happiness and though it surprises him greatly, loneliness is beginning to catch up with the loner. Isaac wants love, he wants to be cared for and to find his soul mate. But he may just discover that his success as a gamer and internet icon make this a bit of an obstacle. After all how can you find real friends if you never talk to people for real? He may have lots of contacts through the internet and lots of money but he sorely lacks people skills. Isaac is a loner by habit, preferring to chat online in his apartment than entertain real visitors. Still he is a determined soul and he has already proven people wrong on one account. If they were wrong that he would never amount to anything why could they not be wrong about him ever having friends or a romantic relationship? To succeed in his latest goal though, Isaac will have to come out of his shell...and his apartment.
    Post edited by Brei714 on
  • Options
    RockWarriorGamesRockWarriorGames Posts: 19 Member
    Hahaha! Rocco is a beautiful wild animal !!! Thank you very much @Firande ! ;)
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    I have a family for you The Sharpe family

A reformed ganster, Cesar turned his life around when he meet his wife Connie. Before Connie, Cesar was into the all the wrong things. Now they have two beautiful children and Cesar dreams of helping young boys who were just like him.

Here are some pictures:
    PwPXsEx.png
    AWyzNKS.png
    B9eadGK.png

• Options
    Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    580587eb3ac83358e113b4988fb6be89.png
    Name: Naomi Hamasaki
    Traits: Art Lover, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Muser
    Career: Illustrator, Part-Time Bartender
    Backstory: Raised in the not-quite as nice parts of the Fashion District of San Myshuno almost all of her life, Naomi's lived with tastes of the high life surrounding her constantly that she could never quite reach. She was born to two hardworking parents, both owners of a small, local sushi shop. She's been doing deliveries for said shop since she knew how to ride a bike, knocking on doors to rich penthouses and dreaming (coveting) to have one of her own one day. Her parents always encouraged her to achieve this through good grades and scholastic achievements, but she always had her heart on an elusive art academy, intent on immortalizing her name in museums and making herself into one of those snobby women who ordered in sushi from their penthouses in fancy robes, who could take the day off at noon and spent the rest of it lounging casually. (She doesn't want to work herself to the bone doing something she lost her passion for like her parents did. The thought terrifies her.)
    Personality: Full of ambition and drive for her own personal goals, fiery and passionate and creative and warm, but with that fire comes streaks of impulsiveness and rage, and a lot of her ambition is fueled purely by spite and envy. If she wants something, she will try to get it, and if something's hers, she'll hook her fingers into it and never let go.
    Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, guitar, bicycling around the city, window shopping, karaoke/open mic nights, social media, museum tours

She's under #UrbanJungle, as requested, once without and skills and once with. (Sorry I don't have any really good HD screenshots of her, my computer's not too great.)
  • Options
    Hey y'all,

Thank you so much for all the submissions so far! All the sims y'all have submitted are beautiful with fantastic backstories!

@Brei714 I really like the style and backstory of Issac as the compliment each other really really well! Love his backstory and it has already inspired me on the role that Issac will play with my story :smile:

@SmallSeven01 I love the reformed gangster story line which really actually fits in with the main protagonists backstory as well! I can already see that the Sharpe family (specifically Cesar) will have be an important aspect of Kenneth's life.

@Xylorta-XV Naomi is gorgeous and I love her backstory as it goes really well with the background of the story! Naomi will definitely have a major role within the story!

Thank you all again for the submissions! Once the casting call closes I will be creating a separate thread for updating the story so y'all can see how your sims are doing :blush:
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    No problem :) I have reuploaded them with the hashtag.
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    I re uploaded one of my favorites for this :D.

j12g-99-fec4.png

The Parents - Petra and Penelope meet each other in college and started dating. After both of them dropped out of different and unrelated reasons, they together started some projects, stores and other stuff. They often started a Business just to sell it after some time with a little bonus and started something new again. The only thing stable aside their love to each other were Petras passion for stand-up comedy and Penelopes love for good foods. Even when they started their family, both getting pregnant with the help of donors, they never lost their curiosity and drive, always starting something new.
    It was not long ago that they were allowed to marry. Both dearly remember that day, having dreamt about the details years before. They had sold their newest Business, a bakery, took their children and wed the same day from that money, adopting little Julia, the newest and youngest family member shortly after.
    The children - Maddox and Valerie, or Mad and Val, while growing up as siblings have no blood relation to each other, as the lively and cheerful Mad comes from Petra and gloomy and calm Val from Penelope and both from different donors. For Mad it's a reason to find comfort in, as he long had grown feelings for his 'step sister'. He doesn't know if it started from a little innocent childhood infatuation or from early pubertal dreams but now it has no doubt evolved into love. But while Mad struggles to win Val over, she , contrary to her adoptive brother isn't a very outgoing person and prefers her world of manga and anime over almost everything else. Its not easy to tear her from her precious manga, not even for Mad, who has a certain charm and humor, easily making friends and often unwitting having girls (and boys) falling in love with him and his easy going charm. He tries hard, but Val seems blind to his feelings, shrugging of all his efforts as brotherly worries. One day, Mad found a good count of BL (Boys Love) Manga under Vals Possessions. He quickly started to act in a very 'bromantic way' towards his male friends, at first only in front of Val, later out of habit and honesty. It helped to raise his popularity, but the hopeful dream of having him catched Val's attention didn't seem to come true. He sure is a naive dreamer, but thats part of his undeniable Charm. However, unknown to him, it actually got Val staring a bit more often and intensely at Mad. Only when HE isn't looking though. Maybe there actually is hope for poor Mad?

No-Ra Kim
    j12g-95-2f0e.png

A young woman of south korean descent, which has recently moved to San Myshuno to complete studies and her dreams and aspirations.
    (She is the imaginary daughter of the two main roles of the korean drama " I'm not a robot".) Her parents Min kyu and Ji Ah meet under rather peculiar circumstances but it worked out rather splendid for them in the end. Kim No-Ra wants what her parents have. Not her fathers immense wealth, but their love and happiness they found together. It was a dream come true... Just like in the k-dramas! With such a miracle happened to her parents it is no wonder No-Ra herself is addicted to these sort of series, dreaming, no being convinced about her very own perfect love story to come. And her very own success story. Just as important to find that special someone, No-Ra wants to make her own way in the real world. She doesn't care about inheriting her fathers massive wealth and blooming business, rather she wants to make it in her own way, just like her mother. Strong, independent, courageous but also sensitive and innovative and naturally sweet and goofy just like her parents No-Ra surely will achieve her goal to invent new ways to improve her fellow sim's lifes and ease their pains.
    Weakness: has a way to idealistic view on everything. Love. Life. Other sims. Grown up very sheltered she is naive and easily exploited by others, lacking some common sense sometimes. For real, were did she live? Under a rock? It sure doesn't do you any good in all ways when your life had been bar of hardships.

I forgot to take out their CCs. It should only be hair and a necklace though. You can change and give them whatever you see fits. :)
  • Options
    @Damaro I love the households! I really like No-Ra Kim's backstory and she'll definitely be playing a major part in the story. Thank you for your submission :smile:
  • Options
    I would also like to make a quick announcement that I am opening the casting call for builders as well. I've never been much a builder but would definitely like to add some of the beautiful creation y'all make into the story! I am accepting any type of building but there are a couple of buildings I am looking for specifically:

- Restaurants (A tavern like place would be preferred but will accept all).
    - Vet clinic
    - Retail stores

Same deal as with Sim, a picture would be appreciated and if you could upload it to the gallery with the #UrbanJungle I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited March 2018
    @thesirenseye please check out my studio my id is writerboy08
  • Options
    @MINEZ I will definitely checkout your studio!