Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons my point of view

Sims 4 Seasons
My look at the seasons pack. In every world, there are all four seasons except in Oasis Springs. It can only be light rain there, but it does not fall snow. Then, the new type of venue -Hotel. The opening of the Hotel, the management of the Hotel and that our sim can be the hotel manager. Then, the lifeguard is a new playable career. Then, the new world. In the new world, four neighborhoods. Of course a great hotel that would serve as an example of how to create and manage the Hotel. Next-(since before each EP we have an update, before rellese of the Seasons EP we get a new empty world like New Crest, for building). To continue ... In the new world, we have a festival area where activities change depending on the season similar to the sims 3 festivals ground. And new activities are:
Spring-
1.kissing booth, and various of booth,
2.competition in collecting apples from the bathtubs but actually competing not like in City Living- competition in eating spicy food and each sim picked up the plate for himself and went away to know where and we get a buzz that either he did or not succeed (nonsense), 3.soccer field (as in sims 3),
4.golf course,
5.roller ,skating on a field.
Fall-
1.again various of booth
2.Hounted house(like in sims 3-better) becouse-Haloween.
3.Som compettition-(pumpkin drilling-maybe)
4. picking leaves, picking new fruits and vegetables. making juice and jam.
Winter-
1. Snowbording on the field
2.booth-s
3. ice skating on a field
4. making a snowman, grudging, making a Iglo, a wohooin Iglo , you can get frozen.
Summer-
1. Fixed. beaches in Windenburg on the island and Brindlton Bay on the island, To be adapted to be able to swim in them. New beach in the new world with beach volleyball, making sand castle for children and adults, shooting with water balloons. That you can sunbathe on the towel on the beach and in the yard. You can lie in the lounge chair. to burn in the sun.
2. playing barminton
3. bar in the pool
4. toy sand for toddlers
5. small pool for toddlers
And we have hail and fog
New wordrobe,hairstiles
and....that is basic for Seasons Expansion Pack
what you expect?

Comments

• Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I expect disappointment, because as I've said before, I think it's suicidal for Sims 4 to tackle ANY of the concepts that Sims 2 or Sims 3 have done since it seems clear Sims 4 simply lacks the budget to match them. The only way Sims 4 will sell a hit is by exploring new concepts or finding new spins on existing concepts. I personally don't think weather is something you can easily put a new spin on, so I just expect we'll get weather and....weather. I'd keep your hopes low for any additional features.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    I expect disappointment, because as I've said before, I think it's suicidal for Sims 4 to tackle ANY of the concepts that Sims 2 or Sims 3 have done since it seems clear Sims 4 simply lacks the budget to match them. The only way Sims 4 will sell a hit is by exploring new concepts or finding new spins on existing concepts. I personally don't think weather is something you can easily put a new spin on, so I just expect we'll get weather and....weather. I'd keep your hopes low for any additional features.

Sadly I have to agree. Everything that has been successful in the Sims 4 revolves around newish concepts, or at least more fleshed out ones. Like parenthood, vampires, city living. They're new flavors of the old, which is great; however, they are vastly different from the previous series releases on similar titles/concepts. I think an isolated world with one "new" season would be great. We already have, what would appear to be that is, spring, summer, and fall. We have spring in Willow Creek, summer in Oasis Springs, and fall in Windenburg. So all we really need now is winter. I do think rotating weather would be great though. Rain, hail, wind, would be perfect additions. I just think rotating seasons would be extremely taxing on the game.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    All is possible. Everybody thought that toddlers & pets couldn't be possible but they finally arrived. So no, I wait real confirmations before be worried.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    But I'm not right with the fact that they should be only rain in OS. They should have all Seasons.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I would like the different Seasons to be optional for each world as it is in TS3. Some of us want our deserts to be real deserts - i.e., no snow, for example. TS4 can be frustrating with its lack of user-selectable options.
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    But I'm not right with the fact that they should be only rain in OS. They should have all Seasons.

snow n desert world...hmm ok i just wanna se seasons changing and to swim in ocean
  • Options
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    I would like the different Seasons to be optional for each world as it is in TS3. Some of us want our deserts to be real deserts - i.e., no snow, for example. TS4 can be frustrating with its lack of user-selectable options.

Totally right.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2018
    Based on what The Sims 4 has released so far, my expectations for a Seasons expansion pack are as low as possible. I don't expect holidays, festivals, etc... especially after the disappointment of Cats & Dogs not even including other small pets (such as birds, hamsters, etc). A Sims 4: Seasons expansion pack will be just that... Seasons and Weather (honestly, that's probably going to be the name of the pack). The only difference in gameplay the developers are going to add is the fact that seasons will change and weather will be added. That's it. Everything else in the pack will just be one new table, a new chair, a new couch, a new bed, some new clothes (mostly for adult female Sims, of course), and one or two hairstyles that are simply a copy of one that we already have in the game. This seems to be the pattern with The Sims 4. Also, let's not forget that even Sims 3 didn't introduce a new world for Seasons, so do you honestly think Sims 4 would end up adding one? LOL

Also, as for seasons not happening in Oasis Springs, I disagree... honestly, the player should be allowed to choose which seasons and kinds of weather occur in each world of their game. After all, The Sims 4 is supposed to be about "You Rule"... then again, my previous paragraph kind of already explains how that slogan isn't even legit. But regardless... I think they should just give us all the option to choose which seasons and weather will occur in each world per save file. That way we can all play the way we want.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member

snow n desert world...hmm ok i just wanna se seasons changing and to swim in ocean

Yes snow in a desert world - its beautiful and should be a thing in Sims 4 too.

(not my pic)

3PxQPbk.jpg

*sigh* Now I wanna play 3 again for Seasons.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I don't want seasons, I like that my sims can have breakfast outside, and my outdoor sims can actually live outside all the time. Without worrying about rain or snow. no this is one EP I probably wont be buying. I enjoyed it in the other game. but I don't want it for this one.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

(not my pic)

3PxQPbk.jpg

Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, in January it will get gold enough at night with the timing of rain that it ends up being a slight dusting of snow in the Valley, but out here in the Mojave we don't see anything that looks like your pic. First, it's usually too warm. Second, as you may have heard its a desert. That means its dry. Our weather generally is what most of you would consider summer and then a six-week stretch of cooler and slightly wetter weather.

What I'd want to see in Oasis Springs is three seasons of hot-and-dry followed by a sort of spring with rain. That'd be closest to the real thing.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hotel with (buggy) retail system: that's gonna be fun. Also, lesson learn from CL: limited confined amount and not customizable. Expect either to work like restaurant system or the apartment system. Honestly OP I'm putting my bets 60-80% of your ideas are just pie in the sky. That's not because I have anything personal towards you, but by just looking TS4 era through its retrospective we sure will know it will bring a disappointment wagon along the way, especially If this theme came in Expansion Pack. Swimmable beaches was a pre-patch thing to base game in TS3, so they could have already done and still do it without the expansion pack which everyone is pretty much begging for such an offer. Haunted House - chances are it will be a off-screen rabbit hole (without a building/lot). Picking leaves, building snowman, ice skating and snowboarding: could you imagine in one of those would have cut or zero animation If team ran out of budget to animate those things xD I mean, what a laughing stock it was that dogs no longer can't scratch things, elevators as of yet still have no animation, laundry and dishwashers have automated doors, sims can't even bend to pick up physically plates (they just teleport them in their hand). What else do I expect? Maybe the whole season concept will exist in a new world they will offer, thus meaning the weather and seasonal changes exist there (again, retrospective back to C&D where pets were prisoners of the new world). Either Umbrellas would be more intuitive (sims will not put them back when socializing, walking downstairs and etc, basically actual multitasking which is a plus) or they will be omitted due to sims team's financial or time restraint reasons. Maybe we won't be able change cycles of seasons and adjust weather conditions, because If we couldn't pets due to guru's (il)logical reasoning what makes us positive we will be able to manipulate the weather/seasons as the player? In real life, we can't control pets, neither can't we change the weather duh. Death by lightning/hail/combustion? Dream on. Hysteria is now the future, so expect your sim to literally die laughing because oh boy summer is coming and a storm (pun intended) of happy moodlets will approach overwhelming the sim.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't want seasons, I like that my sims can have breakfast outside, and my outdoor sims can actually live outside all the time. Without worrying about rain or snow. no this is one EP I probably wont be buying. I enjoyed it in the other game. but I don't want it for this one.

Ha I remember in TS3 building a house and forgetting to put a roof on it and so I got all kinds of snow and rain inside the house. It was funny at first but then it did get annoying.

Playing TS4 it doesn’t matter if you have a roof or not because there’s no weather. It was nice at first but then I was having Sims live on completely open lots and it became less fun over time because there was no chance of something happening.

So I could go for some weather. It would spice the game up nicely.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    OP might want to change the title as this is speculation and as it is it could be misleading.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Hotel with (buggy) retail system: that's gonna be fun. Also, lesson learn from CL: limited confined amount and not customizable. Expect either to work like restaurant system or the apartment system. Honestly OP I'm putting my bets 60-80% of your ideas are just pie in the sky. That's not because I have anything personal towards you, but by just looking TS4 era through its retrospective we sure will know it will bring a disappointment wagon along the way, especially If this theme came in Expansion Pack. Swimmable beaches was a pre-patch thing to base game in TS3, so they could have already done and still do it without the expansion pack which everyone is pretty much begging for such an offer. Haunted House - chances are it will be a off-screen rabbit hole (without a building/lot). Picking leaves, building snowman, ice skating and snowboarding: could you imagine in one of those would have cut or zero animation If team ran out of budget to animate those things xD I mean, what a laughing stock it was that dogs no longer can't scratch things, elevators as of yet still have no animation, laundry and dishwashers have automated doors, sims can't even bend to pick up physically plates (they just teleport them in their hand). What else do I expect? Maybe the whole season concept will exist in a new world they will offer, thus meaning the weather and seasonal changes exist there (again, retrospective back to C&D where pets were prisoners of the new world). Either Umbrellas would be more intuitive (sims will not put them back when socializing, walking downstairs and etc, basically actual multitasking which is a plus) or they will be omitted due to sims team's financial or time restraint reasons. Maybe we won't be able change cycles of seasons and adjust weather conditions, because If we couldn't pets due to guru's (il)logical reasoning what makes us positive we will be able to manipulate the weather/seasons as the player? In real life, we can't control pets, neither can't we change the weather duh. Death by lightning/hail/combustion? Dream on. Hysteria is now the future, so expect your sim to literally die laughing because oh boy summer is coming and a storm (pun intended) of happy moodlets will approach overwhelming the sim.

All my fears are in this post.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member

No worryits not gonna be like that. i know it will be somthing missing in Season pack becouse -hend on hart -somthing always mising in sims 4,i have that filing. but its not gonna be like @DragonCat159 wrothe i m shure
  • Options
    edited February 2018

No worryits not gonna be like that. i know it will be somthing missing in Season pack becouse -hend on hart -somthing always mising in sims 4,i have that filing. but its not gonna be like @DragonCat159 wrothe i m shure

Hopefully he's wrong. I would prefer no Seasons than an EP that sucks like that.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    I predict festivals won't be a thing. And if they are, they would be locked into a new world. Also if the team wants to have a new feature in seasons (like they had vet clinics in cats & dogs) it would be natural disasters.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I predict festivals won't be a thing. And if they are, they would be locked into a new world. Also if the team wants to have a new feature in seasons (like they had vet clinics in cats & dogs) it would be natural disasters.

Who says new feature says another previous feature removed. ;) So I prefer NO new feature & keep the good old ideas.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

(not my pic)

3PxQPbk.jpg

Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, in January it will get gold enough at night with the timing of rain that it ends up being a slight dusting of snow in the Valley, but out here in the Mojave we don't see anything that looks like your pic. First, it's usually too warm. Second, as you may have heard its a desert. That means its dry. Our weather generally is what most of you would consider summer and then a six-week stretch of cooler and slightly wetter weather.

What I'd want to see in Oasis Springs is three seasons of hot-and-dry followed by a sort of spring with rain. That'd be closest to the real thing.

Yes, I know its a desert, but in the game you should be able to have the option if you want it.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I've lived in the high desert. There's lots of snow in the winter. As in the Sims 3, if there's going to be weather, you should be able to pick and choose which of the four seasons you want in each world; all of them, some of them or none. I really hope we get weather.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited February 2018
    All is possible. Everybody thought that toddlers & pets couldn't be possible but they finally arrived. So no, I wait real confirmations before be worried.
    Some things were possible but reason some have doubt is with CL which has apartments and before CL was released some thought apartment building would be possible even if the EP was built around city living and to some players disappointment you cannot built apts as was in previous editions. You cannot make apts in other neighborhoods let alone create cities in other neighborhoods and some feel the EP was gimped regardless of EA/Maxis intent which can be for various reasons. So some look ahead and speculate why seasons may not be the seasons we think would be getting and while Sims 4 is getting better it will not be able to do some things that was possible in previous editions which would have made Sims 4 the epitome of the Sims series if it had most of the features that was missing.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    IslndTkrIslndTkr Posts: 1 New Member
    I just want to know where you guys get this information from... where do you go to see "future packs" ?
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2018
    Speaking of future packs, this should be moved to speculation. [Tag a moderator]
    NNpYlHF.jpg