Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about Sixam (Crystals and Spawners)

I'm trying to finish all the collections in the game and I'm in the last stretch of "The Big Four" (Fossils, Crystals, Metals, and MySims Trophies). I need the two Sixam crystals and 3 out of the 4 rare MySims trophies. I'm starting to feel like I'm on a wild goose chase. I have 3 main questions:

1. I'm assuming the Sixam crystals come from those glowing green and red crystal deposits all around the planet, but I have been to Sixam several times and all I've been able to collect from those deposits are normal crystals from earth. How do I get the Sixam crystals?

2. As for the MySims trophies, I wasted weeks digging around on earth and finding nothing until I did some research and discovered that the rare MySims trophies can only be found on Sixam since GTW came out. I've smashed countless rocks on Sixam and I've found one rare MySims trophy: Goth Boy. Am I doing something wrong or are the rare trophies also rare even on Sixam?

3. I used the freebuild cheat to build a house on the alien lot so my Sim could just hang out there all comfy while waiting for spawners to reset. On earth, the spawners reset every 12 hours (I've got the spawner schedules down to a science by now), but I've noticed that while this remains true for the rocks and harvestables on Sixam, the geode, alien and crystal spawners don't seem to reset themselves no matter how long my Sim stays there (several days at a time). Do I have to return to earth and come back for the Sixam-specific spawners to reset?

Comments

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    The Crystals are just random so you have to keep at it until they get lucky. There are a few traits you can give your sim to help find rarer collectibles (Geek and the one you get from starting a sim off with one of the nature aspirations). But it's really just down to luck and some sims are definitely luckier then others.

The Rare My Sims are Definitely Rare and hard to find. I have heard that if you use a treasure map it will increase your chance of finding the rarer ones but I've never had any luck with it though I've never used the treasure maps on Sixam (I'd never actually heard that they were only found there if you have GTW before if that's true that's very annoying) There however is a bit of a work around for this. Violet is always for sale at Paddywhack's Emporium in Magnolia Promenade (if you still have the original stores in there). The other rare ones will sometimes pop up at street vendors or at the flea market if you have City Living. If it feels too cheaty to buy them then my only advice is to keep digging there's not really anything you can do to trigger any collection to appear other then maybe using the treasure map since I've only ever gotten My Sims when using one.

Not sure about the last I've never actually been to Sixam.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Ashleigh825Ashleigh825 Posts: 1,102 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    The Crystals are just random so you have to keep at it until they get lucky. There are a few traits you can give your sim to help find rarer collectibles (Geek and the one you get from starting a sim off with one of the nature aspirations). But it's really just down to luck and some sims are definitely luckier then others.

The Rare My Sims are Definitely Rare and hard to find. I have heard that if you use a treasure map it will increase your chance of finding the rarer ones but I've never had any luck with it though I've never used the treasure maps on Sixam (I'd never actually heard that they were only found there if you have GTW before if that's true that's very annoying) There however is a bit of a work around for this. Violet is always for sale at Paddywhack's Emporium in Magnolia Promenade (if you still have the original stores in there). The other rare ones will sometimes pop up at street vendors or at the flea market if you have City Living. If it feels too cheaty to buy them then my only advice is to keep digging there's not really anything you can do to trigger any collection to appear other then maybe using the treasure map since I've only ever gotten My Sims when using one.

Not sure about the last I've never actually been to Sixam.

Thanks! I actually managed to find the crystals right after I posted this, go figure, ha! It's true that whining on the forums works. :trollface:

Unfortunately, I renovated the emporium into a bridal boutique ages ago. I wonder if there's a copy in the library for me to plop down somewhere, though. I'm already checking the flea market tables but so far all anyone is selling is junk like toy box toys and sculptures, boo. As long as my Sim buys them through normal in-game means, I don't consider it cheating. :) To me, it's only cheating if I go into the debug menu and buy it for them. The flea market tables and shops are meant to be used, after all.

I just need one more metal (an earth one but I can probably find it on Sixam, too, the rocks do give out regular metals as well) and two more MySims trophies to finish "The Big Four." Carl's Sims 4 Guide wasn't kidding when it said those four collections are the hardest. I'm looking forward to being able to get most of the other collections at home after I finish these.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    My advice for the store is to start up a new save go to the lot and save it to your library and then plop it down somewhere. I believe that you'll need to have a sim buy the store so that it will run but they don't need to be played sims. (At least I think this is the case with retail lot I so rarely use ones I'm not running in my games since I can't be bothered to send my sims shopping). I've had good luck seeing a sim selling the My Sims trophies outside the art center lot. My sim didn't have any money at the time or I would have had her buy them just to say I did at some point actually have them in my collection. For my actual Complete Collection run i really would rather try to find the in the wild rather then buying them but we'll see how long I last with that lol.

Yeah those are the hardest collections. Frogs can be hit or miss with the breeding but is generally a lot easier you just need to have the right mix of them and a lot of patience. The space collections can be a bit tricky too since they rely on sheer luck in terms of what "adventure" you pull up. If you have a scientist sim you can also find the aliens in the special logs on the science center lot not just in space.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, I just had a heck of a time getting that dang Violet trophy. I just got TOBOR an hour ago or so, too, so she was the last one I needed.

I found a copy of the emporium on the Gallery and plopped it down on a random empty lot. I know new stores need to be purchased and have the items set for sale first before uploading to the Gallery for the lot to function in other people's games, but I thought all the items would already be for sale since they start out that way when you load up the game for the first time. Wrong.

My Sim and her daughter got there and Violet was there but they couldn't buy her. When I tried just dragging her into the inventory, she disappeared completely.

So I ended up having my Sim buy the entire store (she's been saving up to open her own museum for a long time now so she's extremely wealthy), then purchase Violet in debug and set her for sale, then sell the store and go back there to buy her and finish off the collection. I don't see the debug option as cheating in this case because my Sim ended up spending a fortune on this one trophy after buying the store, buying the trophy in debug, then buying the trophy again as a customer.

I have 10 finished collections now. Frogs, fish, insects, MySims trophies, crystals, elements, fossils, geodes, Voidcritters, and holiday cracker plushies. :)
  • Options
    Nice! I always forget about the Holiday Cracker one. All this talk makes me want to get started on my Complete Collection sim but I've been spending the night getting a house ready for a 100 Baby Challenge instead (got the whim today probably thanks to this convo lol) someday I'll do a Complete Collection. Someday lol.

My real irritation is that while I've completed both the Egg and the Sugar Skull collections in other saves there's no way for me to do it currently. Since I have completed them in the past I might set up a sim with a shop so that I can have a sim purchase them all. That still leaves the seeds which I never completed during the challenge so I don't know if I should allow myself to buy them or not. On one hand it's a collection that I'm locked out of by the developers on the other it does still feel a bit cheaty to do it this way. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll open that one up again this year and I can complete it for reals. I know I'm being to picky about how I complete these collections but...that's just how I play games I guess lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Nice! I always forget about the Holiday Cracker one. All this talk makes me want to get started on my Complete Collection sim but I've been spending the night getting a house ready for a 100 Baby Challenge instead (got the whim today probably thanks to this convo lol) someday I'll do a Complete Collection. Someday lol.

My real irritation is that while I've completed both the Egg and the Sugar Skull collections in other saves there's no way for me to do it currently. Since I have completed them in the past I might set up a sim with a shop so that I can have a sim purchase them all. That still leaves the seeds which I never completed during the challenge so I don't know if I should allow myself to buy them or not. On one hand it's a collection that I'm locked out of by the developers on the other it does still feel a bit cheaty to do it this way. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll open that one up again this year and I can complete it for reals. I know I'm being to picky about how I complete these collections but...that's just how I play games I guess lol.

I know what you mean about the event collections. :( I always seem to miss out on them, then they don't bring them back. I was hoping the sugar skulls would come back for Halloween last year but they didn't so I'm thinking I'll just debug them because it really isn't my fault I'm locked out of those collections and who knows if they'll ever bring back any of the event collections? I wish they did them more often. New players and people who missed out the first time want a chance, too.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'd def say debug the event collections up, even if it's just to put them into a shop your sims can buy later. when i had a save corruption several months ago (due to hard drive corruption, yay) and was able to save bits of the save but not others, i just started up a new save game and had zero problem debugging in all those for the households that i knew already had them at some point (i do it for others, too, the ones i feel it suits. like a latina sim i made long after the sugar skulls were gone. she didn't need the full set yet, but got a handful of the skulls)

as for the rare mysims only being on sixam with gtw, i hadn't heard or experienced that. i'm pretty sure i got all of them on simearth on the two households of mine that have all the collections. but will tell you those freaking chests and maps will be the death of me when i'm trying to actually get fossils, metals, or crystals for other sims... they just spawn way, way too often from the rocks. had one scientist test this out on a collection day. over half of everything he gathered around the lab was a chest or map instead of the item that was supposed to be in the spawner. sheesh

also, just to randomly mention, i've got several museums in my game dedicated to the collections (and several households that proudly display either full collections that appeal to them or the random bits and pieces of everything they've got). an imaginarium (kid's interactive museum) has all the kid-related collections, mostly being the mysims, voidcritters, event collections, and a smattering of fish, frogs and insects (i pretend they're used for a sort of petting zoo). it's also got toddler and kid park items, all the kid-specific ambition stuff like drawing tables and monkeybars as well as buildem block tables and more...and is mostly just used for kid birthday parties... then, a natural history museum with a space wing that has...pretty much every other collection in it. am working on both a botanical garden (all harvestable plants and all nonharvestable plants in build mode) and aquarium (this one's the hardest, needing cheat-spawned build mode stuff we can't even officially see with 'showhiddenobjects' to try and make each aquarium (pool) match the area the fish in it are from...and using a mod that plays specific animations as called so only the proper fish will be in each aquarium)

...and, for the event collections, sadly, i get why they're not repeating most of them. too many complaining. like the sugar skull one...there were a bunch of people complaining that either it was racist to do that (...it wasn't) or that they should stop focusing on 'pointless non-american holidays' (...they shouldn't. they're not pointless at all). got similar when they released the diwali stuff, too.
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i'd def say debug the event collections up, even if it's just to put them into a shop your sims can buy later. when i had a save corruption several months ago (due to hard drive corruption, yay) and was able to save bits of the save but not others, i just started up a new save game and had zero problem debugging in all those for the households that i knew already had them at some point (i do it for others, too, the ones i feel it suits. like a latina sim i made long after the sugar skulls were gone. she didn't need the full set yet, but got a handful of the skulls)

as for the rare mysims only being on sixam with gtw, i hadn't heard or experienced that. i'm pretty sure i got all of them on simearth on the two households of mine that have all the collections. but will tell you those freaking chests and maps will be the death of me when i'm trying to actually get fossils, metals, or crystals for other sims... they just spawn way, way too often from the rocks. had one scientist test this out on a collection day. over half of everything he gathered around the lab was a chest or map instead of the item that was supposed to be in the spawner. sheesh

also, just to randomly mention, i've got several museums in my game dedicated to the collections (and several households that proudly display either full collections that appeal to them or the random bits and pieces of everything they've got). an imaginarium (kid's interactive museum) has all the kid-related collections, mostly being the mysims, voidcritters, event collections, and a smattering of fish, frogs and insects (i pretend they're used for a sort of petting zoo). it's also got toddler and kid park items, all the kid-specific ambition stuff like drawing tables and monkeybars as well as buildem block tables and more...and is mostly just used for kid birthday parties... then, a natural history museum with a space wing that has...pretty much every other collection in it. am working on both a botanical garden (all harvestable plants and all nonharvestable plants in build mode) and aquarium (this one's the hardest, needing cheat-spawned build mode stuff we can't even officially see with 'showhiddenobjects' to try and make each aquarium (pool) match the area the fish in it are from...and using a mod that plays specific animations as called so only the proper fish will be in each aquarium)

...and, for the event collections, sadly, i get why they're not repeating most of them. too many complaining. like the sugar skull one...there were a bunch of people complaining that either it was racist to do that (...it wasn't) or that they should stop focusing on 'pointless non-american holidays' (...they shouldn't. they're not pointless at all). got similar when they released the diwali stuff, too.

*sigh* Simmers are the worst group of fans. It's why I stay away from the forums. It's either "WAH you're not being inclusive enough!" or "WAH cultural appropriation!" Simmers just aren't happy unless they're mad about something and they ruin it for the players who actually enjoy the game and all the events.

I definitely think it's true that the MySims trophies rarely, if ever, spawn on earth, because I dug up hundreds of capsules without a single rare even with treasure maps, but every single capsule I dug up on Sixam was rare and I didn't even use treasure maps on Sixam.

As of right now, my Sim has all the fossils, MySims, elements, and crystals, but she's missing one metal: Ironyum. It's not even rare but she just can't find it anywhere. I know what you mean about the capsules and maps spawning way too often. I noticed on Sixam that the rock spawners almost always give metals (since the capsules are rarer there and there are separate crystal spawners), but the downside is that metal is usually blutonium or solarium. I wonder if it would still be more worth my while to stay on Sixam and smash rocks there to eliminate all the junk you get out of the rocks on earth.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if your sim is a scientist, have them ask their coworkers. i'm pretty sure that's how one of my sims got a few 'common' things that just wouldn't show up for her normally. or just collect everything on collection days, since those make everything just outside the lot spawn super frequently

otherwise, just time...and, it's made worse with the dig spots from cats and dogs. i mean, i love those things when i have households with pets, but they also constantly show up and replace the normal spawners in different locations. and, while you can get the the stuff from a normal spawner, your sim can also dig up...other things... i'm not part of the 'limit them to just brindleton bay' or 'get rid of them entirely' crowd, but they do need a bit of tweaking
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    if your sim is a scientist, have them ask their coworkers. i'm pretty sure that's how one of my sims got a few 'common' things that just wouldn't show up for her normally. or just collect everything on collection days, since those make everything just outside the lot spawn super frequently

otherwise, just time...and, it's made worse with the dig spots from cats and dogs. i mean, i love those things when i have households with pets, but they also constantly show up and replace the normal spawners in different locations. and, while you can get the the stuff from a normal spawner, your sim can also dig up...other things... i'm not part of the 'limit them to just brindleton bay' or 'get rid of them entirely' crowd, but they do need a bit of tweaking

Place dig spots in San Myshuno and replace the snowglobe spawners :trollface:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

The Science Center in general is a good place to locate collectibles. I'm not sure if it's just my sim but in my Not So Berry Save her co-workers are constantly giving her rare stuff (which is actually annoying since we need common stuff...I really need to have her invent the cloning machine one of these days) and the spawners on the lot seem respawn on a quicker timer then most collectible spots so between that and all the off lot spots, the special logs and the fishing spots which I believe have a least a few rare it's a great place to spend some time collecting. Yeah you still get a lot of maps and my sim statues but all in all it's a nice little tidy spot.

Yeah digging up the upgrade parts from the C&D did spots can be pretty annoying and I hate that they can quite easily take over a whole neighborhood if you don't dig in them regularly but I wouldn't want to get rid of them all together but a better balance needs to be found for them.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Yeah I like the dig spots, but I don't like that they replace regular rock spawners. We need less of them outside Brindleton Bay, I think. I dig them up just to get rid of them so normal rock spawners can show up there later.
  • Options
    EllocaitEllocait Posts: 6 New Member
    is anyone having issues with digging up the crystals on sixam and when you return on a different day to try to collect crystals is says "item has already been collected?" Because now when I go to Sixam I can't collect on any of the crystal spots because they all are grayed out and say that it's already been collected. And I need those alien crystals to make age away serums!