Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story ideas?

I want to create an interesting sim story. Any ideas?
Oh hamburgers!

Comments

• Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    Relationships make good stories. Also, I think a lot of the time some of the things that sims do autonomously make great additions to stories. Because they're so random and unpredictable and make you laugh. Like Matilda Smart from Bridgeport trying to go swimming in the middle of woohoo and her girlfriend getting upset and calling her back... lol

All in all, I want you to do what's going to make you happy. You can spend all day trying to make a story 'interesting' to other people, but you should create something that's truly interesting to you-something you can be passionate about. Because if you're not having fun, what's the point?
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    BABYxTHExLUXEBABYxTHExLUXE Posts: 230 Member
    You could use one of the many challenges existing as a basis but if you want to write an actual story.. You hafta come up with a plot thats a whole other thing, then you hafta start of simple and ask yourself, what kind of story do you want to write?
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've done tons of stories based on the town's residents having to survive though challenges like tough winters threats of spring flooding and droughts as they are starting up new towns as pioneer settlers or as colonial settlers.Those times were also full of story and drama though it was more based on struggles to survive as they settled into their new town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    If there is a challenge in the sims or a certain sim you would like to start with, I would go from there. It could be a little of both. If you aren't sure exactly how you would like the story to go, I would aim for a challenge personally. :)
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
  • Options
    babiikarlzzbabiikarlzz Posts: 47 New Member
    I like to mix mine up.

Sometimes I'll make a YA male, have him sleep with X amount of women to make babies, then I collect those babies (Using add to family cheat) and open a daycare then make him struggle!

Raising one sim from a toddler, making them my sole priority as my main goal. I try and mix and match the traits so they're not always the same. so they could be family orientated but workaholic or evil and good good etc.

It differs every time I play as I can't seem to stick with one family for a long period of time. Never been past the 3rd Generation before.
  • Options
    Seamusrob97Seamusrob97 Posts: 4 New Member
    Family Consists of 3 – Scott and Olivia are together and Olivia sister Arianna lives with them also

New Family – Starts off as a happy couple they both have their small house and standard jobs accept for Arianna as she wants to stay home and work on her bestselling novel that she will soon release and make her famous,

The Family are living in a small 3 bedroom bungalow with basic household items and basic jobs – Scott wants to eventually join the military and Olivia is a training Nurse in a sanatorium – everything is going perfect for the family until one day Scott loses his job as he is made redundant and his company close – as Scott is now at home all the time the family start struggling and they can’t pay the bills, the repo man soon comes and takes the household items to recover the debt – Scott becomes depressed and results in a start to drinking Scott and his girlfriend Olivia become distant and they start to argue more and more frequently – one day whilst Olivia is at work Scott confides in Arianna and breaks down this then turns into a kiss and the both make out Scott and Arianna takes things further and head to the bedroom.

Afterwards Scott feels guilty about sleeping with his girlfriend’s sister but he does not tell Olivia and Olivia and Arianna now find things awkward between each other - Arianna and Scott do not talk to each other for a few days and Scott continues to drink and get drunk, a few days later Scott and Arianna talk whilst Olivia is at work and they do it again – this starts to become a more frequent thing and they start to have an affair unknown to Olivia’s knowledge – Scott’s drinking starts to calm down as his distraction is diverted by Arianna.

Scott has hidden everything from Olivia and Scott and Olivia’s relationship slowly starts to get better although Scott is still sleeping with Arianna – Scott gets offered a job however this is not the best of jobs as this is all criminal activity’s Scott joins the gangsters and becomes a criminal – Olivia is very worried about Scott and what he is doing to bring money into the house Arianna has now started to fall for Scott and has progressed feelings she has also become a little bit jealous when she sees Scott and Arianna together kissing and hears them when they are in the bedroom.

As time goes on Olivia continues to work in the day and Scott is still working with the criminals Scott and Arianna continue sleeping together as time goes on – one night Scott comes home from work battered and bruised as he has been beaten up for not complying with the gangsters – they wanted him to cut a boy’s face he was aged 14 and Scott said no so they beat him – Arianna and Olivia rush to his rescue when he comes home – In the morning – Olivia and Arianna wake up to find Scott has disappeared – the gangsters have kidnapped him – Olivia has to still go to work and Arianna waits at home and does not continue on her novel she is sat on the chair at the table waiting for Scott to come home – Scott comes through the door badly beaten and bruised – Scott tells Arianna everything that has happened and he says he is not working for them anymore and he has had enough of all the problems – Arianna give Scott a hug and they make out eventually moving to the bedroom -

They both sit outside and have a drink – later Olivia comes home to find Scott is home the pair talk and they order a pizza together Scott agrees he will never got back to work with criminals again and decided he will look for another job – after a few weeks Scott eventually gets a job as kitchen assistant in the culinary profession – things start looking up for the couple however Scott continues to keep sleeping with Arianna he wants the relationship life but he wants both women which is not possible,

As time goes on Scott and Olivia become closer and start doing more things together - However Scott cannot let Arianna go and they keep sleeping together one day Scott takes the day off work and he and Arianna go to the movies and they have lunch together – however they are spotted together being romantic by olives friend they immediately leave and go home the pair make out and go back to the bedroom. Scott decided he is going to tell olivia that he was on his lunch break and went to the restaurant and happened to bump into Arianna and denies all accusations of flirting with her sister – olivia comes home angry and they both argue scott denies all accusations and olivia calms down the both make out and go to the bedroom,

On the Saturday olivia goes to the book store to check out the new sale – whilst olivia is at the boom store scott and Arianna sleep together after Scott tells Arianna they cannot keep sleeping together as he loves Olivia too much and this cannot go on Scott tells Arianna he loves her too but things are very awkward and for the time being they need to stop seeing each other – Olivia comes home and Scott takes her out for the rest of the day – the both go and watch the movies and they go to a posh restaurant for dinner at this restaurant scott proposes marriage and olivia says yes

When the pair go home they relax in bed and they then make out and get intimate - the next day they announce their engagement and throw a party – However at this moment in time there financial state is not very good enough to pay for a wedding so the pair work very hard to earn more money – Scott earns a promotion at work and they get enough money to be able to buy a house which is a lot bigger – all 3 move house and carry on life as they was – eventually scott and Olivia make enough money to fund their wedding –

The pair plan the wedding and the party at their house – Scott goes out for the night with his friends for a stag party and Olivia goes out with her friends for her hen party - the both come back home the same night and they are very drunk they both make out and go to the bedroom

The night before the wedding Olivia has to work a few hours at the hospital in the night which she is not happy about but she goes in – Scott and Arianna home alone and they get talking Scott explains how much he loves her but he had to propose to Olivia because she had started to twig what was going on and that eventually they would both be together with no disruption – the both make out on the sofa and head on to the bedroom and get intimate one last time – the next day there is lots of preparation for the wedding – all of their friends start turning up and the ceremony begins - at the time of the wedding Arianna speaks up in front of everyone and explains how her and scott have been seeing each other for the last 6 months and how they slept together last night – there becomes a big row between Scott Olivia and Arianna – the friends are shocked this has happened apart from olivias best friend Katie as she had a feeling they was seeing each other after the day she saw them at the restaurant – scott and olivia talk and they decide they will get through this and work it out and they continue with the ceremony and get married however ariana is asked to leave – after the ceremony olivia Calls Arianna and tells her she has 2 weeks to find somewhere to live and she needs to be gone by the time her and scott come back from the honey moon.

Scott later that evening calls Arianna and explains how sorry he is and how he wants them to be together but he froze when she told everyone everything that had happened between them both he explains how they will both live together one day and they have to play along with what Olivia says for it to work – however Arianna has other ideas

Scott and Olivia return home from the honey moon to find Arianna is still there – Olivia’s face drops and Arianna tells Olivia not to worry she is leaving today Scott goes upstairs to the bathroom and as Olivia was convinced nothing would ever happen between scott and Arianna again she goes to the neighbour’s house for a coffee – once she has left scott comes out of the bathroom and speaks to Arianna Arianna is wearing different clothing she comes straight in and kisses Scott and Scott kisses her back she then reveals how they will be together sooner and shows how she is showing and she is now pregnant with scots baby as she is telling scott this Olivia had walked in and had seen everything – there becomes a really big row between them all and Scott slaps olivia and tells her to calm down and not stress Arianna out as she is pregnant with his child lots of tears and arguments break out Scott and Olivia have a big fight and Olivia picks up her bag and says I hope you are happy together and she then leaves Scott runs after her and they argue again- scott comes back late that night and tells Arianna how they have now broken up and they will not see her again and they can now be together forever – however the next day the police turn up at the door to reveal they have found Olivia’s body in the towns square and she was pronounced dead at the scene and she has been murdered – the pair looked shocked and give their statements to the police Scott and Arianna do not tell the police what happened that night and do not tell the police what has happened between them both – the police do not suspect them and leave them to it – Scott and Arianna kiss and as Olivia is now dead the pair can get married themselves but they decide it is best for them to move away first and they decided they are moving to Denmark – however before they leave they must attend Olivia’s funeral – the day of the funeral Scott reveals to Arianna he killed her – Arianna does not care and she forgives him and they want to move away and live together forever.

As the pair move away they are caught at the airport and the police are looking around Scott is now getting paranoid that they are here to arrest him – the pair get on the plane and fly off to Denmark and live happily ever after

Alternate ending Scott gets arrested at the airport for murder due to new evidence and goes to prison and Arianna gets arrested for being
  • Options
    Seamusrob97Seamusrob97 Posts: 4 New Member
    I wish I could do the above